New Grower V: Twenty20 Mendocino Purple Biscauto

Day 45 : 8/1 Long delay in updating. I was sent out of town on last minute emergency work. I had to set up some type of automatic watering system and was lucky enough to find some blumat carrots instock locally. I managed to build a 5 gal reservoir and run 2 "carrots" to each plant.
Reservoir was filled with:
4 gallons distilled water
350-385ppm nute blend
1 gallon dechlorinated tap water
pH adjusted to 6.5

The mix was a little hot and they both look slightly tip/nute burned. Not bad for less than 24hrs setup and no time to test. One valve was set wrong and I came back to the left plant completely flooded and sitting in 2" of water. The airpot held the soil out of the solution so while initially it looked like a small disaster it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Thank god for the catch basin in the bottom of the tent. It contained all the runoff so cleanup was also only a minor disaster.

Both plants are starting to show a nice purple color as the buds develop.

Pics:

All cleaned up and dried off. Gave nothing tonight. Pulled the blumat system out. Going to let them dry out and back to water only for a couple days.
P1030782.JPG

Tips burned. Ah! Well, not bad considering.
P1030774.JPG

P1030773.JPG

Left plant starting to turn purple!!!

P1030778.JPG

Right plant - definitely a stronger color so far
P1030779.JPG

A tinge stronger on this bud off the Left plant.
P1030780.JPG

Water only for a few days should settle everything down. The reservoir probably should have been set to a lower ppm but I just didn't have time to even pop in here for a quick ask. Just fill set and run with it! I should have just fully retired already but ugh, that crash back in 08-09' really did us in. I love working but jeez, I've got this responsibility growing now and I can't be just zooming off jet setting about anymore! hahahah, oh, I could not imagine telling them I can't go due to "plant issues." bahahahaa. Thanks for reading along!

Day 45 : 8/1 Long delay in updating. I was sent out of town on last minute emergency work. I had to set up some type of automatic watering system and was lucky enough to find some blumat carrots instock locally. I managed to build a 5 gal reservoir and run 2 "carrots" to each plant.
350-385ppm nute blend
pH adjusted to 6.5

The mix was a little hot and they both look slightly tip/nute burned. Not bad for less than 24hrs setup and no time to test. One valve was set wrong and I came back to the left plant completely flooded and sitting in 2" of water. The airpot held the soil out of the solution so while initially it looked like a small disaster it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Thank god for the catch basin in the bottom of the tent. It contained all the runoff so cleanup was also only a minor disaster.

Pics:

All cleaned up and dried off. Gave nothing tonight. Pulled the blumat system out. Going to let them dry out and back to water only for a couple days.
View attachment 1350703

View attachment 1350704

View attachment 1350705

View attachment 1350706

View attachment 1350707

View attachment 1350708

Water only for a few days should settle everything down. The reservoir probably should have been set to a lower ppm but I just didn't have time to even pop in here for a quick ask. Just fill set and run with it! I should have just fully retired already but ugh, that crash back in 08-09' really did us in. I love working but jeez, I've got this responsibility growing now and I can't be just zooming off jet setting about anymore! hahahah, oh, I could not imagine telling them I can't go due to "plant issues." bahahahaa. Thanks for reading along!
They looks great!:cheers:

350-385ppm nute blend
pH adjusted to 6.5

Pics:

View attachment 1350703

View attachment 1350704

View attachment 1350705

View attachment 1350706

View attachment 1350707

View attachment 1350708

Awesome! I am using blumats for my grow when I go out of town, they worked amazingly the first time I used em. Looks like yours took minimal damage from the quick and dirty setup at least!

Awesome! I am using blumats for my grow when I go out of town, they worked amazingly the first time I used em. Looks like yours took minimal damage from the quick and dirty setup at least!

Yes, I was really quite impressed with them. I would highly suggest getting them setup a day or two ahead to get the valves set correctly. I did one wrong and it filled the pot, saucer, and bottom of my tent. That was my fault but eh, I had less than a days notice so overall not bad. The second plant was perfect and the drippers worked flawlessly.

Day 50: Everything going smooth at the moment. Right plant looks a little angry from the blumat session but is half yellow/ half green so not sure what's going on there. Left plant is full speed ahead.

Day 45 was when I returned and simply pulled the blumat system out.
Day 46 : 500ml distilled water to each plant with a little molasses (pH 6.8)
Day 47: 900ml to each plant of 50/50 distilled/dechlorinated tap water (pH 6.5)
Day 48: 700ml to each plant of distilled water with light feed at 250ppm of bloom/magpro/silica (pH 6.3)
Day 49: 1L to each plant of 50/50 distilled/dechlorinated - Pots felt light so I watered until I saw a dribble of runoff at the bottom of each. (pH 6.7)

Tonight: Day 50
Mixed 2L of distilled water
+50ppm protekt silica
+180ppm magpro
+300ppm bloom
slightly overshot and ended at 608ppm
pH UP to 6.4

The pots felt light again so each plant was watered until just a few drops of runoff. 900ml to Right and the remaining 1100ml to Left. Worked out just about perfect.

Pics:

Left - Happy as can be. And this is the plant that flooded!

P1030783.JPG

P1030784.JPG

Right - Semi-nute burned and a bit angry. However, the buds are growing nicely and looking larger than the Left.

P1030788.JPG

P1030790.JPG

Can't wait to see how they develop. I've seen a couple others in the grow n show looking just awesome in the mid 60 day range.

Day 55: 8/11 Just rolling along. Nothing exciting. Feed, water, feed, water..... Oh! I did turn on the UV lamp. Just 15min here and there for a total of 1:15 on time. I've been rotating the plants position as I take them out to water them, little rotation and position swap. Hope to get an even UV exposure.

Some pics: "Right" plant in front and "Left" in the back.

P1030793.JPG

Lefty
P1030797.JPG

P1030795.JPG

Despite the Right plant looking unhappy, compared to the Left, It's putting on size and color much more rapidly.

P1030792.JPG

P1030794.JPG

A few pics right before harvest. Full disclosure: I quietly dropped out of the growing show due to sheer embarrassment. We sprayed our plants with a soap mixture pesticide one to many times and the combination of that and some really hot days nearly killed the plants. They actually came back to form small buds but they are absolutely embarrassingly tiny plants. Only 12" tall tops!! However the flower still looks nice so I figured I would share. The spots on the leaves are not spider mites as most people think but actually thrips which come into our greenhouse from outside this time of year and are nearly impossible to control in August.

Attachments

• PXL_20210809_021558928.jpg
    PXL_20210809_021558928.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20210809_021543856.jpg
    PXL_20210809_021543856.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Day 55: 8/11 Just rolling along. Nothing exciting. Feed, water, feed, water..... Oh! I did turn on the UV lamp. Just 15min here and there for a total of 1:15 on time. I've been rotating the plants position as I take them out to water them, little rotation and position swap. Hope to get an even UV exposure.

Some pics: "Right" plant in front and "Left" in the back.

View attachment 1354425

Lefty
View attachment 1354426

View attachment 1354427

Despite the Right plant looking unhappy, compared to the Left, It's putting on size and color much more rapidly.

View attachment 1354428

View attachment 1354431
Looking good dude, great colour :d5:

@Twenty20 Adam - No worries. I didn't realize I made my thread title almost the same as the grow n show.

@Vapo - yes, the color is coming on nicely. From what I've seen on other people grows the next 2 weeks should be a nice size and color boom.

Back