Urgent help w sick leaves needed

You will get a better response from our resident weed doctors if you post in the Infirmary section. That being said and bear in mind I'm no expert I would lean towards PH problem causing nutrient lock out......simple pool PH kit can be had from hardware stores fairly cheaply. When I used it I aimed for 6 and did pretty well.....................Water quality is a big factor to healthy autos, what type of water are you using ( tap from city, tap from well, Spring water, RO water, distilled?)....My first grow started looking similar with issues, it was determined my water ( tap from a well from a limestone aquifer was the problem...high in calcium and PH) I switched to store bought RO - Distilled ( read the labels to find out the source) and got a pool test kit and saved the grow.

As a side note, most premade soil will eventually be depleted of nutrients before your plants are done unless your using huge containers. Happy Frog, which I have been using, in 3 to 5 gallon container will last my plants 3 to 5 weeks (veg cycle) so I start in with Bloom nutrients when they start throwing pistols

I'm not familiar with your "left over soil" so I don't know how well it drains but I would flush with water ph'ed to 6.

And next time, spend a few bucks and try ProMix HP. It is buffered and does not need ph'ed water.

And it contains zero nutrients so you totally control what the plant eats !

And good luck (seriously) figuring out how much and when to feed. That is why I don't like mixes.

Get your ph and watering under control and the ladies should be fine.....

This is what ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part can do, Gelato auto, 39" high...

Gelato two 22 Apr day 106.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
As a side note, most premade soil will eventually be depleted of nutrients before your plants are done unless your using huge containers. Happy Frog, which I have been using, in 3 to 5 gallon container will last my plants 3 to 5 weeks (veg cycle) so I start in with Bloom nutrients when they start throwing pistols
Thank you very much! I will try to get my hands on a ph test kit asap. I use tap water, I am living in a small village though. The government here states that the water has medium-high calcium amounts and a relatively high ph (7+). I think that might be the problem. If I figure out my ph is too high, should I flush them with say 6ph'd water to help lower the soils ph?

Yeah I am not sure If it really is overwatering on my end. I suspect it is something involving nutrients or PH. Maybe wrong ph even causes nute lockout. Since I have no way to figure out the ph though, I cannot adjust because I do not know if it is too high and how high it is. I hope the plant will be able to live through this.
They sell them cheap on Amazon.......I would at least recommend buying this.....
Screenshot_20220423-051221.png

They sell them cheap on Amazon.......I would at least recommend buying this..... View attachment 1449189
Thanks for the recommend, I just ordered a testing device aswell as adjustment solutions. May I ask, let's say the overall water and soil ph is 7.2 which is too high it seems, would you flush the soil with lower ph water to restore the soils ph?

Thanks for the recommend, I just ordered a testing device aswell as adjustment solutions. May I ask, let's say the overall water and soil ph is 7.2 which is too high it seems, would you flush the soil with lower ph water to restore the soils ph?
Yes I would run couple low 6

Also google lemon juice and applecider vinegar this can lower the pH in soil......that will help...

Thank you very much! I will try to get my hands on a ph test kit asap. I use tap water, I am living in a small village though. The government here states that the water has medium-high calcium amounts and a relatively high ph (7+). I think that might be the problem. If I figure out my ph is too high, should I flush them with say 6ph'd water to help lower the soils ph?
I would just do a normal feed/watering with 5.5 PH then start on the 6 to 6.5 PH......Flushing would lower it quick but would also leach out any nutrients in the soil.....Doing too much or too many things at once makes it hard to figure out what might be the cause or the cure of any problems.

Main thing is, it's your grow, grow it how you want, learn from mistakes and adjust and you'll eventually develope your own style in your grows as to what works for you......and enjoy the journey..... :smoking:

Back