UPDATED. More pics. Getting worse Mephisto grow Organic leaves turning yellow and rust spots in flower

You can also test the ph of the run off water to get an idea of the ph in pot. Not as accurate as a meter, but it can be in the ballpark. Keep in mind that ph rises as the soil/medium dries. That's why most use 6.0 as the starting point. If it rises to 7 in a few day, no biggie.. But if 7 rises to 8, then that can cause issues.

thanks man.

it’s just there’s so much contradicting information out there I don’t know what to believe or do.
apparently with bio bizz soil and nutes I shouldn’t have to ph because the soil will buffer the ph to the right level. And then you hear if you add any ph adjusters to your soil it could mess with soils ph and microherd even more. and people are doing fine with said nutrient line and not phing
Then you’ve got people that say you need to as it’s not living organics? But how comes other people are doing fine without phing.

ive don’t my last few grows without ph and have been fine other than some minor problems

also my plants where vibrant and growing well all through veg. With no leaf marks and no phing.
only started to happen about 3 weeks into flower. I don’t think it’s over feeding as I haven’t fed anymore than 3-4ml a litre of grow and bloom. And added organic pk twice and stopped as I don’t trust it. Also some liquid organic bat guano once a week, but it has no NPK VALUE or very very low.

I’m really stuck here. But to be honest with you I’m edging to ph down my nutes. I just don’t want to make things worse when I’m so close to the end.
[/QUOTE]
Other people get away with it simply bc the starting ph of there tap/well water is close to correct now I personally watched this happen to 5 of my buddy's with sensi bloom ph perfect line and there tap was 8.5ph it wouldn't bring it any lower than 8ph to 7.8ph so I always say ph it even if the rhizo can handle it I wouldn't stress it out buy making it do the work it's kinda like driving a stick shift u can slip the clutch or dump the clutch both will get u moving but 1 will put much more stress on the parts.

thanks man.

it’s just there’s so much contradicting information out there I don’t know what to believe or do.
apparently with bio bizz soil and nutes I shouldn’t have to ph because the soil will buffer the ph to the right level. And then you hear if you add any ph adjusters to your soil it could mess with soils ph and microherd even more. and people are doing fine with said nutrient line and not phing
Then you’ve got people that say you need to as it’s not living organics? But how comes other people are doing fine without phing.

ive don’t my last few grows without ph and have been fine other than some minor problems

also my plants where vibrant and growing well all through veg. With no leaf marks and no phing.
only started to happen about 3 weeks into flower. I don’t think it’s over feeding as I haven’t fed anymore than 3-4ml a litre of grow and bloom. And added organic pk twice and stopped as I don’t trust it. Also some liquid organic bat guano once a week, but it has no NPK VALUE or very very low.

I’m really stuck here. But to be honest with you I’m edging to ph down my nutes. I just don’t want to make things worse when I’m so close to the end.
Other people get away with it simply bc the starting ph of there tap/well water is close to correct now I personally watched this happen to 5 of my buddy's with sensi bloom ph perfect line and there tap was 8.5ph it wouldn't bring it any lower than 8ph to 7.8ph so I always say ph it even if the rhizo can handle it I wouldn't stress it out buy making it do the work it's kinda like driving a stick shift u can slip the clutch or dump the clutch both will get u moving but 1 will put much more stress on the parts.
[/QUOTE]

I have been phing the last few waterings like I said. But no improvement what so ever. Looks worse than before. Maybe my ph down is crap? I dunno. It’s an organic one. Maybe I should try another method of ph down?
I just can’t tell why they are getting worse when I havent even gone to 4ml a litre on feeds. They have got bloom and grow. I added some cal mag a few weeks ago. Ph is at 6.5. What else do they want me to do lol

Are you feeding/using nutrients every time you water?

Are you feeding/using nutrients every time you water?
Yea, feeding every watering.
bio bizz states that you should use the feed for every water
same as what I have done for every grow. Im thinking of just watering my next water. Just some liquid guano and phed water. Nothing else. im so very confused. It’s doing my head in seeing them get worse and worse

To top things off. One of my bulbs blew last night. So now I’m using and old one lol

Yea, feeding every watering.
bio bizz states that you should use the feed for every water
same as what I have done for every grow. Im thinking of just watering my next water. Just some liquid guano and phed water. Nothing else. im so very confused. It’s doing my head in seeing them get worse and worse

To top things off. One of my bulbs blew last night. So now I’m using and old one lol
How often do you water, and do you have a ppm meter?

About every 3 days
Yea I have that blulab truncheon plus a small ppm meter.
I never really use them though
Now is definitely the time. Checking ph and ppms are two things that should be done early and often. It's been a while since I've grown with bottled nutes, but when I did, i never used nutrients with every watering. I used the Feed-water only-water only-feed schedule. Autos live for like 90 days.. They don't need much feeding at all.. Keep in mind that almost every bottled nutrient is designed to grow tomatoes and annuals. Not weed. And definitely not autos. I would use some RO water and water the middle of the pot until I get a good amount of run off.. Don't use the first few cup fulls of run off.. But after dumping a few cups out, let it fill up and test the ppm levels. There seems to be a lock out.. It doesn't sound like a ph or soil ph issue based on your testing results.. So now it's time to check the ppms. Too much of one nutrient can lock out others causing multiple issues. Here are a couple of charts I use.. When I used bottled nutes I never used a ppm higher than 750-800 on autos. The 2nd chart shows how easily an excess of one nutrient can can problems..

Nutrient lock out chart
Screenshot_20200623-094216~2.png

Soil PPM chart
Screenshot_20200623-094415~2.png

Yes after testing all your pH now go to, PPMs like stated above, I bet they are way off. Also could you snap a new pic that could also help

Ya ppm is way I was saying in first post here but not sure if u checked that but I bet they are 1500ppm or so mephisto plants that I've grown have all been light feeders I've also seen N toxic ect very easy most plants from them that I've grown most don't like much above 500ppm so check that it is incredibly important when bottle feeding.

Now is definitely the time. Checking ph and ppms are two things that should be done early and often. It's been a while since I've grown with bottled nutes, but when I did, i never used nutrients with every watering. I used the Feed-water only-water only-feed schedule. Autos live for like 90 days.. They don't need much feeding at all.. Keep in mind that almost every bottled nutrient is designed to grow tomatoes and annuals. Not weed. And definitely not autos. I would use some RO water and water the middle of the pot until I get a good amount of run off.. Don't use the first few cup fulls of run off.. But after dumping a few cups out, let it fill up and test the ppm levels. There seems to be a lock out.. It doesn't sound like a ph or soil ph issue based on your testing results.. So now it's time to check the ppms. Too much of one nutrient can lock out others causing multiple issues. Here are a couple of charts I use.. When I used bottled nutes I never used a ppm higher than 750-800 on autos. The 2nd chart shows how easily an excess of one nutrient can can problems..

Nutrient lock out chart
View attachment 1205540

Soil PPM chart
View attachment 1205541
I think I might amend my feeding schedule for future grows then. Save me money in the process too lol
Thanks man.
The only thing is I can’t get hold of any RO water. Is there any other way I could test the ppm?

what I do know is that my water has a high ppm around the 300 Mark I think. I got a whole house filter a while ago and that brought it down to around 100, but I haven’t changed that filter in like 2 years.

Back