UPDATED. More pics. Getting worse Mephisto grow Organic leaves turning yellow and rust spots in flower

The ph of my solution is at 6.8-7
And I cant find my damn soil ph meter. It’s doing my head in, expensive Hannah one.
should I Lower my ph to 6.0 for my solution then?
I don’t know what to do about my soil without my pen?
on that graph it looks like all food can get taken up at 7 ph?
[/QUOTE]
You can also test the ph of the run off water to get an idea of the ph in pot. Not as accurate as a meter, but it can be in the ballpark. Keep in mind that ph rises as the soil/medium dries. That's why most use 6.0 as the starting point. If it rises to 7 in a few day, no biggie.. But if 7 rises to 8, then that can cause issues.

And I cant find my damn soil ph meter. It’s doing my head in, expensive Hannah one.
You can also test the ph of the run off water to get an idea of the ph in pot. Not as accurate as a meter, but it can be in the ballpark. Keep in mind that ph rises as the soil/medium dries. That's why most use 6.0 as the starting point. If it rises to 7 in a few day, no biggie.. But if 7 rises to 8, then that can cause issues.
[/QUOTE]

thanks man.

it’s just there’s so much contradicting information out there I don’t know what to believe or do.
apparently with bio bizz soil and nutes I shouldn’t have to ph because the soil will buffer the ph to the right level. And then you hear if you add any ph adjusters to your soil it could mess with soils ph and microherd even more. and people are doing fine with said nutrient line and not phing
Then you’ve got people that say you need to as it’s not living organics? But how comes other people are doing fine without phing.

ive don’t my last few grows without ph and have been fine other than some minor problems

also my plants where vibrant and growing well all through veg. With no leaf marks and no phing.
only started to happen about 3 weeks into flower. I don’t think it’s over feeding as I haven’t fed anymore than 3-4ml a litre of grow and bloom. And added organic pk twice and stopped as I don’t trust it. Also some liquid organic bat guano once a week, but it has no NPK VALUE or very very low.

I’m really stuck here. But to be honest with you I’m edging to ph down my nutes. I just don’t want to make things worse when I’m so close to the end.

Last edited:
Also just realised I’ve only got about two weeks left on the orange diesels and 3 bears og.
they are the two worst too.
will adding ph down and sorting nutes ruin the end product at this stage?

Always ph your water. Ph after you added the nutes if you are using some. In soil you want your water ph anywhere from 6.4 to 6.8 to be on the safe side. If your soil ph is too high water with lower ph'd water like 6.2 until you get some run off. This will help your plants at any stage.

Also just realised I’ve only got about two weeks left on the orange diesels and 3 bears og.
they are the two worst too.
will adding ph down and sorting nutes ruin the end product at this stage?
Rule 1876 states... "Listen to the plants, not to people"...

With that said.. Your plant obviously has an issue going on.. It's telling you this with its leaves.. Now is not the time to listen to "people" and their theories, lol. Your plant is saying it's sick. Listen to THAT. It's your job to figure out what is making it sick, and correct it. Checking your ph is like taking someones temperature. It's just a tool that can help you pin point the issue. You also can't compare any previous grow, or compare any previous or currently growing plant, to the plant you have now with the issues. Every plant is different and has different needs/wants.

As far as the advice given here, no one is asking you or advising you to add ph up or down to anything. You are being asked to "check" the ph level of your soil, by using a soil probe, or by using the run off test. We are advising you to check the basic things first. Not make changes. We don't know what the issue is, lol. So any advice to change something would be an absolute guess. But we do know the path to finding issues starts with checking the basics. Just like parents do when babies cry.. Or just like mechanics do when a car stops running.

If you do nothing, the situation will only get worse. If you feel you have 2-3 weeks left, then you probably have 4 weeks left, if that makes sense.. The quality of the end product is already being negatively effected by whatever the current issue is. And will only get worse over the next few weeks. If you want to understand how soil ph works, you can google the word "rhizosphere". Maybe that will help paint a better picture for you of how soil ph works.

I can't tell you to add or not add anything at this point. I don't know the basic info on the plant in order to advise what to do. But I do know that you would not be adding ph up or down to the soil... You would be ph'ing your nutrient solution after it is mixed. There is absolutely no way that ph'ing your nutrient solution to 6.0-6.5 will cause harm. Impossible. What's causing harm is the ongoing problem that the plants have now.

With that said.. Your plant obviously has an issue going on.. It's telling you this with its leaves.. Now is not the time to listen to "people" and their theories, lol. Your plant is saying it's sick. Listen to THAT. It's your job to figure out what is making it sick, and correct it. Checking your ph is like taking someones temperature. It's just a tool that can help you pin point the issue. You also can't compare any previous grow, or compare any previous or currently growing plant, to the plant you have now with the issues. Every plant is different and has different needs/wants.

As far as the advice given here, no one is asking you or advising you to add ph up or down to anything. You are being asked to "check" the ph level of your soil, by using a soil probe, or by using the run off test. We are advising you to check the basic things first. Not make changes. We don't know what the issue is, lol. So any advice to change something would be an absolute guess. But we do know the path to finding issues starts with checking the basics. Just like parents do when babies cry.. Or just like mechanics do when a car stops running.

If you do nothing, the situation will only get worse. If you feel you have 2-3 weeks left, then you probably have 4 weeks left, if that makes sense.. The quality of the end product is already being negatively effected by whatever the current issue is. And will only get worse over the next few weeks. If you want to understand how soil ph works, you can google the word "rhizosphere". Maybe that will help paint a better picture for you of how soil ph works.

I can't tell you to add or not add anything at this point. I don't know the basic info on the plant in order to advise what to do. But I do know that you would not be adding ph up or down to the soil... You would be ph'ing your nutrient solution after it is mixed. There is absolutely no way that ph'ing your nutrient solution to 6.0-6.5 will cause harm. Impossible. What's causing harm is the ongoing problem that the plants have now.

Thank you for the explanation. It’s kinda made something in my head click.
your right, every plant is different and so is every grow, so I shouldn’t be basing it on that.
Ive gone out and got some organic ph down as my water after mixing nutes is now coming up at 7.1. So I’m going to aim to get that down to about 6.2.
I still can’t find my soil ph meter so I’m going to do a runoff test when I water and see what it comes out as.
Or I might make a soil slush and ph that?
thank you again

I just watered with 2ml grow 3ml bloom per litre and used ph down to get my ph from 7.1 to 6.2.
phed my run off which was between 6.1 and 6.6 and I phed my soil in a slurry which came out at 6.5-6.6.
see if things improve?
I worried about adding any organic pk or bat guano now. This was my first grow using an organic pk additive and I feel like it’s messed this up for me lol

things are still getting worse.
i have been setting my ph to 6.2 for the last two waterings using 3ml obloom and 2 ml of grow per litre. It looks like it’s actually made it worse.
I’m so close to the end though I don’t really wanna be adding to much feed.
Plants all smell lovely and are still putting on weight but the leaves just look awful
I can’t wrap my head around it.
the only thing I can think of is that my tap water is quite heavy with minerals? Would that effect them in this way?
Also the heat stressed leaves where already like that before this started getting worse.
my lights are 17-20 in from the tops and the hottest it gets is 30

thanks

Attachments

• 023A64C6-2A11-492B-90D3-073F827A6143.jpeg
    023A64C6-2A11-492B-90D3-073F827A6143.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • E49028B2-4061-409E-AC1F-68B8F4D3499C.jpeg
    E49028B2-4061-409E-AC1F-68B8F4D3499C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • 5D1A64FF-EC3C-4CF6-B174-B73FDDB69286.jpeg
    5D1A64FF-EC3C-4CF6-B174-B73FDDB69286.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • DFD2A33B-F8A8-40D7-B1B7-51D305EBA925.jpeg
    DFD2A33B-F8A8-40D7-B1B7-51D305EBA925.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • C3170CF0-3A80-4E1D-87DE-019D84D51078.jpeg
    C3170CF0-3A80-4E1D-87DE-019D84D51078.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • D2054E96-C14C-4641-B61B-EF6771F8A71D.jpeg
    D2054E96-C14C-4641-B61B-EF6771F8A71D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • 785C8DDF-7518-49E4-949D-DAE4BC210767.jpeg
    785C8DDF-7518-49E4-949D-DAE4BC210767.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
  • DCCB9D14-1432-400F-B834-9B99BD946BE1.jpeg
    DCCB9D14-1432-400F-B834-9B99BD946BE1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • DC7E3683-4236-4795-8DD8-A699086C3082.jpeg
    DC7E3683-4236-4795-8DD8-A699086C3082.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 5CE382CC-AC6B-42EF-AAEC-A6985A3542AD.jpeg
    5CE382CC-AC6B-42EF-AAEC-A6985A3542AD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 5FAB941C-7D18-4137-80ED-CED1DEBBA8E1.jpeg
    5FAB941C-7D18-4137-80ED-CED1DEBBA8E1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • E1F73613-0297-4FDE-BF08-F61073A1BC3E.jpeg
    E1F73613-0297-4FDE-BF08-F61073A1BC3E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 53C17BC1-12C0-4A89-8FAA-ACC23B01E964.jpeg
    53C17BC1-12C0-4A89-8FAA-ACC23B01E964.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • A0090844-2C92-4559-9FB2-86E6A6A2A736.jpeg
    A0090844-2C92-4559-9FB2-86E6A6A2A736.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 7BB88AC9-2BD5-4B20-A15D-67CE70713D6A.jpeg
    7BB88AC9-2BD5-4B20-A15D-67CE70713D6A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You can always do a runoff type test. It is not nearly as accurate but can go you an idea oh where you are
[/QUOTE]
The run off test may not be as accurate but it will give accurate ppm to see how much she is eating I think that's the most important right now u could just flush it with a mild 300ppm feed solution and wait a few days to see how she fairs.

You can always do a runoff type test. It is not nearly as accurate but can go you an idea oh where you are
The run off test may not be as accurate but it will give accurate ppm to see how much she is eating I think that's the most important right now u could just flush it with a mild 300ppm feed solution and wait a few days to see how she fairs.
[/QUOTE]
I’ve done a run off test and it’s coming up at 6.5, 6.6
I have done my last two waterings with the correct ph but things look worse than before.
I’m scratching my head here.

Back