Outdoor Uncle Eek's Cabin

:welcome: to Everyone.

I thought it appropriate to start a new thread for the new Cabin.

For those who don't know, we lost everything we owned in the Butte Fire in California. I am not going to go into detail about what happened. This thread will be about our future, and the New Cabin. In fact as far as cabin's go, this one we are in now is more like a real American type cabin the our previous one, especially in appearance. If you wish to catch up on how we got here, you can read "The Cabin" here: Link to the ol' Cabin.

So with mine and Roots bootstraps all pulled up, and the road ahead of us, we want to show you the new cabin. It will have a new airtight wood stove soon, so the pics show the old stove. Also, it is looking more like us everyday thanks to Root and her eagerness to make us a new home. It is coming together well I would say. With Us and our teenage boy, we have a lot of room to kick back and smoke a fat one (in case you were wondering). :biggrin:

So hear are a few pics of the Cabin up to now. We have been here now 16 days

View attachment 493115 View attachment 493114 View attachment 493116 View attachment 493117 View attachment 493118 View attachment 493113 View attachment 493112
View attachment 493121 View attachment 493122

View attachment 493123

Home sweet home!, man, that fire stuff, changes everything, what a fight, so good to see your new cabin

:smokeout:

Wow! Sorry to hear of the loss of your home! And yet, sometimes a tragedy can turn into a wonderful new beginning! Hope all is going well for you now. I often lose track of people here, but I'm glad to have found your threads again!

:pass:

:welcome: to Everyone.

I thought it appropriate to start a new thread for the new Cabin.

For those who don't know, we lost everything we owned in the Butte Fire in California. I am not going to go into detail about what happened. This thread will be about our future, and the New Cabin. In fact as far as cabin's go, this one we are in now is more like a real American type cabin the our previous one, especially in appearance. If you wish to catch up on how we got here, you can read "The Cabin" here: Link to the ol' Cabin.

So with mine and Roots bootstraps all pulled up, and the road ahead of us, we want to show you the new cabin. It will have a new airtight wood stove soon, so the pics show the old stove. Also, it is looking more like us everyday thanks to Root and her eagerness to make us a new home. It is coming together well I would say. With Us and our teenage boy, we have a lot of room to kick back and smoke a fat one (in case you were wondering). :biggrin:

So hear are a few pics of the Cabin up to now. We have been here now 16 days

View attachment 493115 View attachment 493114 View attachment 493116 View attachment 493117 View attachment 493118 View attachment 493113 View attachment 493112
View attachment 493121 View attachment 493122

View attachment 493123

:smokeout:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks you all for the serious :karmacloud:

We hope to move somewhere to a lower elevation before the end of March. Need .....to............grow. I feel the need to dig my hands into the earth. Then total healing will be final. If you all think of something helpful we might need to know about rebuilding ourselves, we would be open to that.

Love you all, old and new here at AFN. For you new folks I have ignored lately, please accept my apology, and consider this as one.
:welcome:

Gone through about 7 cords of wood so far this winter.

Love Eek N Root

You take your time brother(both of you!). I`m `over-the-moon` that you`ve got a plan! :greenthumb:If you ever need a hand with anything, then let me know! :bighug: :pass:

Need .....to............grow.

:pighug:

I feel the need to dig my hands into the earth. Then total healing will be final. If you all think of something helpful we might need to know about rebuilding ourselves, we would be open to that.

Now you are back with the Family..things can only get Better..we Love you..:bighug:

I to feel that need eek...an fully understand. .ya got to git yer land under yer nails..a bit of yer blood in the soil and a bit of soil in yer blood...then the land is yours. Spring is coming soon my man.

7 cords!! Must have been cold winter. Ya got a wood stove or open fire place?

Back