Outdoor UK outdoor auto growing - tips and advice

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Odds and sods
Hey all, I'm in the south east of the UK and looking to do a little guerrilla grow of just a couple of freebies I have left over, a paradise vertigo, a pineapple something or other and maybe delicious dark purple (but worried that the colour of that might stand out too much). I don't want to use up limited tent space and time on them, so....
I have a little rural spot in mind, no through traffic, no arable field spray drift etc.
My main worry is rabbits! How do you protect against them without drawing attention using guards/mesh etc?

Maybe this could be a place for outdoor UK growers to share tips? Peace...

Chicken mesh cage. Cut it into a 2ft length and make a circle. A lot of people stake them into the ground but you can just bury them a few inches and their fine.

Cool thanks, just found the outdoor discussion sticky, page 13 so far!

Ive had moderate to good success top dressing blood and bone meal on the soils surface, as well as using fox urine, to keep deer and bunnies away.

Ive had moderate to good success top dressing blood and bone meal on the soils surface, as well as using fox urine, to keep deer and bunnies away.

as well as using fox urine

o_O ... How to extract from the fox without causing distress??

Is it best to use immediately or can it be stored
How long does it stay fresh for? (Cold storage is best i'm guessing!)

Applied "neat" (straight) .. or as a mixture (cocktail)

:gary:

o_O ... How to extract from the fox without causing distress??

Is it best to use immediately or can it be stored
How long does it stay fresh for? (Cold storage is best i'm guessing!)

Applied "neat" (straight) .. or as a mixture (cocktail)

:gary:

First of all, I don't know how they get the urine, but I would imagine it can't be too natural of a process for the fox?? I mean, do you think they just put out a little fox toilet and say,"hey, you guys, go in here please?". The whole thing is distressing me...
:dizzy:

How do they get it??

First of all, I don't know how they get the urine, but I would imagine it can't be too natural of a process for the fox?? I mean, do you think they just put out a little fox toilet and say,"hey, you guys, go in here please?". The whole thing is distressing me...
:dizzy:

How do they get it??

....Very carefully i imagine!!

Skelly will know!! He's a "man of the outdoors".
Where there's a will .. there's a way!!
:rofl:

Edit: I Googled it.
You need to catch a fox ... put it in a pen with a grated floor and a tray underneath.
Check regularly to obtain the freshest urine!!

If you want the urine to be extra smelly - feed it asparagus (i made that bit up ..)

Last edited:

No tray!! Missed opportunity. :D

Although while it seems fun and thrifty to catch and cage your own fox ... there's the humanity issue ... and also i've discovered you can buy it (in a bottle)

21UfBBgec8L.jpg

Back