Hey I am always amazed at how fast your plants start to flower, must be the burple. Maybe I should dust one of mine off and and use it too get to preflower in one of my tents to see if it makes a difference. Then switch to ALL COBS for the remainder. Your plants stay super short. My plants get tall with just COBS. Unlike most people I actually try to reduce my plant size. I use super small pots for that reason. And it helps speed up the plants overall time vs large pots. I have a ton of old Mars lights, but they are big. I have a small California Lightworks, but it an all red spectrum. I might try to Veg with it and see the difference on the same strain, same feed, same size pot. I want to see if it reduces veg time and keeps the plant shorter. Then use COBS at flower. I love experimenting, I will go start some new seeds soaking. Sour Crack is my experimenting plant. I will start 4 right now! 2 will go under the California Lightworks and 2 user COBS. This will be fun. Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Go fast slow.

Hey I am always amazed at how fast your plants start to flower, must be the burple. Maybe I should dust one of mine off and and use it too get to preflower in one of my tents to see if it makes a difference. Then switch to ALL COBS for the remainder. Your plants stay super short. My plants get tall with just COBS. Unlike most people I actually try to reduce my plant size. I use super small pots for that reason. And it helps speed up the plants overall time vs large pots. I have a ton of old Mars lights, but they are big. I have a small California Lightworks, but it an all red spectrum. I might try to Veg with it and see the difference on the same strain, same feed, same size pot. I want to see if it reduces veg time and keeps the plant shorter. Then use COBS at flower. I love experimenting, I will go start some new seeds soaking. Sour Crack is my experimenting plant. I will start 4 right now! 2 will go under the California Lightworks and 2 user COBS. This will be fun. Thanks
[/QUOTE]
I always say it's the water. I think the light set up has everything to do with it. The mars hydro have always been the best for me. That, general hydroponics, and just pure dumb luck, make it flower faster... But maybe I just have found a way to make plants flower faster through my dumb luck. I know that it can be very useful when in small spaces to keep them short... short doesn't mean it yields any less, just not as tall... much more manageable to trim.
Thanks for the ideas, I hope we can find a difference

Go fast slow.[/QUOTE]
I like turning plants over fast! I like variety. And I don't like spending 4 months on 1 plant, so it's worth comparing. I will remove 2 Cobs from a tent and replace it with the California Lightworks. I will use 2 Cobs on 2 plants and 2 under the California. Let the games begin!

I always say it's the water. I think the light set up has everything to do with it. The mars hydro have always been the best for me. That, general hydroponics, and just pure dumb luck, make it flower faster... But maybe I just have found a way to make plants flower faster through my dumb luck. I know that it can be very useful when in small spaces to keep them short... short doesn't mean it yields any less, just not as tall... much more manageable to trim.
Thanks for the ideas, I hope we can find a difference[/QUOTE]

It's the light mostly. For sure. What is the size of your model? I will try to find my old lights. A happy medium would be perfect for me. Your plants are too small for me, but I like how fast they reach flower. COBs will out yield the Mars, but my plants get massive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, I hope we can find a difference

It's the light mostly. For sure. What is the size of your model? I will try to find my old lights. A happy medium would be perfect for me. Your plants are too small for me, but I like how fast they reach flower. COBs will out yield the Mars, but my plants get massive.[/QUOTE]
I have a mars hydro 600 and a mars hydro 300 in the tents. I'd have to look at the info on the light to see if it's new or old, but they were bought on Amazon.
I think part of the size does have to do with the light, but I've come to the conclusion if you can turn over plants in 60 to 75 days, then you can focus on a few smaller plants and then keep cycling through to find the best strains... Been considering a rqs nl auto which I have a single seed of. Probably could get some good meds from it... plus it's northern lights :)

It's the light mostly. For sure. What is the size of your model? I will try to find my old lights. A happy medium would be perfect for me. Your plants are too small for me, but I like how fast they reach flower. COBs will out yield the Mars, but my plants get massive.
I have a mars hydro 600 and a mars hydro 300 in the tents. I'd have to look at the info on the light to see if it's new or old, but they were bought on Amazon.
I think part of the size does have to do with the light, but I've come to the conclusion if you can turn over plants in 60 to 75 days, then you can focus on a few smaller plants and then keep cycling through to find the best strains... Been considering a rqs nl auto which I have a single seed of. Probably could get some good meds from it... plus it's northern lights :)[/QUOTE]
I am all for turning over plants Quickly and doing more plants vs Monsters. Smaller plants finish faster and have less waste. But too small is not good for yield. Finding a happy medium is best when possible.

I am all for turning over plants Quickly and doing more plants vs Monsters. Smaller plants finish faster and have less waste. But too small is not good for yield. Finding a happy medium is best when possible.
Agreed, yield does mean a lot but if I can sog it effectively then to me it equals out. Have a blue toof and a sodk both of which are doin well. Might have to move over to some of those and grab seeds before they are gone... hoping I get those stacked colas which I'd be happy with a few donkey d's. I have before grown budsicles. Did that with my first dp autoduck. Was awesome. Pics will come probably not till tomorrow. Everything's on autopilot today

[/QUOTE]
Just my two cents slow, I use 3 Mars blurples for that very reason. Keeps em short. Wish I had more intensity for flower but can’t get my hubby to agree to two tents.

I have 6 1818 and 2 600w Mars. I always get 4oz + with 1 plant per mars. Cobs are just ridiculous I love my cities more than the Mars but the Mars have always been good to me

Ps my rqs northern lights grown under 1 600w mars got me 5.5pz of smokable and an ounce or 1.5 of larf. You should consider it for sure lol

Back