twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino Grow&show 2022

Adam had to send me some seeds. I had a fungus gnat infestation and everything got thrown out. I’m holding on to one hindsight to see if there’s any saving her but she’s so stunted, she’s over a month old and only a couple inches tall but im not giving up on her. I would like to give the beans a real chance to show out. So he was nice enough to send me a few to try again.

:crying: ...it's hard to describe exactly, but the ammonia-like/nose tingly funk is definitely similar... I find it's really only in the bud/jar aroma, pinched it releases more astringent citrus/pine, and the bag I had years ago also had interesting floral + aromatic woods nuances... smoke showed nothing pee-like, room smoke aroma was amazing, like an exotic incense! ....potent, uplifting Sati'- type high...

Some funks are just like this; I think it's the combo of terp's and the exposure to O2 that works olfactory magic.
I had a Wild Thai Ryder (excellent cross BTW) that had a barfy smell in-jar - View attachment 1427936 ... same deal, the smoke/flavor/room smoke aroma was totally different and unique!
I think you'll come to like it plenty McDee, IF it shows...

:laughcry:that's just wrong man...

:greenthumb:another phat run MoG- :d5: ... I think your ATW's will be the first in?... really nice structure on them, auto version has definitely more robust bones... You going to have a rather funky diverse aroma going soon in there!

Have you done a little sugar leaf rub yet on the ATW's?

>>> *** A random cautionary note for y'all who use paper towel method for germ'ing *** <<<

....something I have suspected for a while now, confirmed well by another vastly experienced grower: beware the cheap brands of PT, maybe others too...
This guy had some suddenly horrible germ rates outta the blue, also in the past,... never could finger the culprit for sure, he had suspicions though and finally isolated the sole difference between good and bad rounds, same seeds BTW. It was the PT!
I too have had some odd bouts of shitty germ'ing when doing the PT method, and this confirms my suspicions... These days I don't do that method any more...
They are manufactured using some pretty nasty chem's for sure, including formaldehyde... Whatever the chemical culprit is, take note of this and start presoaking in pure water for an half hour before using them to germ',... blot out and re-wet before nesting the seeds! :thumbsup:
Good info!

Adam had to send me some seeds. I had a fungus gnat infestation and everything got thrown out.
Ok no worries. @Twenty20 Adam is a super guy to offer you another chance. I salute you sir :toke:

Let me know when you get going again. :pass:

IMG-20220305-WA0003.jpg

This is about 32 Ogreberry plants on day 40. We've been really happy with the uniformity of these gals. They are a bit tall and lanky due to the fact they are too packed together. Grown in 3 gallon pots in Royal Gold Mendo Mix with some minor top dress of Blue Ocean seabird guano pellets. The great rotten berry terps are already coming out! Early tests from previous crops yielded fantastic hash production returns!

View attachment 1427951
This is about 32 Ogreberry plants on day 40. We've been really happy with the uniformity of these gals. They are a bit tall and lanky due to the fact they are too packed together. Grown in 3 gallon pots in Royal Gold Mendo Mix with some minor top dress of Blue Ocean seabird guano pellets. The great rotten berry terps are already coming out! Early tests from previous crops yielded fantastic hash production returns!
HELL YEAH cant wait to grow this

:spels: beauties! And a perfect name for the aroma :rofl:

Just curious, have you guys tried their King's Mix? It's more of a true soil blend, but still nicely light....:thumbsup:

:spels: beauties! And a perfect name for the aroma :rofl:

Just curious, have you guys tried their King's Mix? It's more of a true soil blend, but still nicely light....:thumbsup:
Yep! We use kings mix as well. It's definitely a great inert soil and performs equally as well or possibly better than the much more popular HP promix. Royal Gold is also made locally up in Humboldt so it's nice to support local businesses when possible.

Yep! We use kings mix as well. It's definitely a great inert soil and performs equally as well or possibly better than the much more popular HP promix. Royal Gold is also made locally up in Humboldt so it's nice to support local businesses when possible.
Indeed! Great group of folks too. Class act all around!

Back