Live Stoners Trying this forum thing again

RivetGrrl

Keeping AFN a little weird
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Sweet Bread
Greeting all,

I am new to Autoflowering cannabis as I have a friend that is very interested in them, and he is on here too; however, I am currently a photoperiod grower. I used to post on forums years ago but got away from it. Seeing I’m on medical leave from my job for a bit I thought I’d see what the online communities are now like. I imagine much the same, I'm just not used to posting in any of them now.

I have grown off and on for over a decade, but only in the last year been at it nonstop. I’m up to a 25-plant medical grow now which allows me to run plenty of strains. After a nasty brush with two-spotted spider mites, I shut down my perpetual grow and I’m refining things to eventually mostly SCROG. Yes, the Borg is “gone” but I am ever vigilant!!

I love growing anything; I’ve worked in the horticulture industry for about 8 years now doing everything from landscaping to retail greenhouse work, and currently work for an LP (Well I'll be back to it once my health is sorted out). I love helping people and learning new things every day; I’m huge on experimenting so I get myself into trouble at times, but always learn from it. Need to finish 4th year to get my BASc. in Horticulture as well. Total geek here.

I can talk plant talk for hours (geekgeekgeek), so I’ll stop here lest the pitchforks and torches come out. Any questions please ask. I would love to start a journal, but my tents are all going so it won’t be from the start. Guess a mishmash of things is alright too?

Quick rundown:
Indoor
Tents 4X4/3X3 with separate side compartments/2X3 propagation tent
LED Sunblaster/QuickGrow/ProGardener/MarsHydro units
DWC (With a couple AutoPots to see what that's all about) Water Farms/Tactical Facility Canadian Bubblers (mini systems)/Turbokloner/Homemade
GH/Grotek/Anything that fits the need
blahblahblah I need a cheaper hobby!

Greeting all,

I am new to Autoflowering cannabis as I have a friend that is very interested in them, and he is on here too; however, I am currently a photoperiod grower. I used to post on forums years ago but got away from it. Seeing I’m on medical leave from my job for a bit I thought I’d see what the online communities are now like. I imagine much the same, I'm just not used to posting in any of them now.

I have grown off and on for over a decade, but only in the last year been at it nonstop. I’m up to a 25-plant medical grow now which allows me to run plenty of strains. After a nasty brush with two-spotted spider mites, I shut down my perpetual grow and I’m refining things to eventually mostly SCROG. Yes, the Borg is “gone” but I am ever vigilant!!

I love growing anything; I’ve worked in the horticulture industry for about 8 years now doing everything from landscaping to retail greenhouse work, and currently work for an LP (Well I'll be back to it once my health is sorted out). I love helping people and learning new things every day; I’m huge on experimenting so I get myself into trouble at times, but always learn from it. Need to finish 4th year to get my BASc. in Horticulture as well. Total geek here.

I can talk plant talk for hours (geekgeekgeek), so I’ll stop here lest the pitchforks and torches come out. Any questions please ask. I would love to start a journal, but my tents are all going so it won’t be from the start. Guess a mishmash of things is alright too?

Quick rundown:
Indoor
Tents 4X4/3X3 with separate side compartments/2X3 propagation tent
LED Sunblaster/QuickGrow/ProGardener/MarsHydro units
DWC (With a couple AutoPots to see what that's all about) Water Farms/Tactical Facility Canadian Bubblers (mini systems)/Turbokloner/Homemade
GH/Grotek/Anything that fits the need
blahblahblah I need a cheaper hobby!
welcome to afn rivet happy you decided to come and join us here i think you will like it from what i hear its the most freindly forum around i never went to another one so cant say anyways any questions or problems feel free to tag me @stoney T or jump into the live stoner chat

hi and welcome back :bighug:or welcome again :pass:neat set up and you know your onions :greenthumb:
:CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Site Terms Of Use
regardless if you read them or not,you have agreed to abide by them,so best cast your eye over takes 2 mins,in short no religion politics and dont be a knob :shooty:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/site-terms-of-use.13737/

New Member Intros
why not do an intro,tell us something about yourself your grow or your ferret :shrug:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/
Live Stoner Gossip bit lost or stuck,got a question ? a cuppa tea getting cold and a rocket to burn ?:coffee::smokeout:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/january-2019.69160/page-35
some Guides and Tutorials:laptop:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
start a journal in the new growers section :watering:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/new-growers-grow-journals.44/

follow along with Ash-A-Ton from seed to jar thread :smokeit:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seed-to-jar-live-guide.65331/

have a good look around,click on some signature links.

anything else just ask away or @ me
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Welcomr aboard, and to the wonderful world of autos! We are all here to help so feel free to ask as many questions as you see fit! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I am new to this forum. The last one I posted on was a small Canadian one geared to medical users, I can't even remember the name, something to do with "Treating Yourself". I miss the folks I "met" there, it was very friendly.
Although I will continue to mostly grow Photos, one big reason I joined is the lack of hostility and egos on this forum. I'm here to learn, help others, and have fun along the way sharing my passion/obsession with growing. I will be starting some carnivorous plants soon, and some harder to find succulents and cacti. I'm sure there's an off topic forum for other green growy things.
My buddy gave me some Azure Rocket seeds, but they were a wee bit old so I only got one that grew. Sadly it produced balls. I am germinating a DinaFem Amnesia freebie now but shes being stubborn. Huge seed so I'm patient. If she pops I'll start a journal for her, and a separate one for all my photo genetics.

Sounds like you got lots of interesting projects going on ,,, :coffee:

Start a perpetual grow thread perhaps ,,,:pass:

I got too much going on I think, but I can't stop. It's an addiction, more the growing than the consuming. I loooooove growing. Did I say that already? Loooooovvveeee.
I Think I'll stick with non-perpetual grows for now, I like that I can fine tune the nutrients, and that I can tear down, clean and sanitize all my equipment in between. Yet, perpetual has a lot of advantages. Making up my mind is the hardest thing, I change it hourly. I'll probably go back to perpetual until I get another pest/disease issue to deal with :finger:

Back