Outdoor Trailanimal 2022

No problem I had been meaning to read your thread and had a few minutes last night some beautiful pics makes me wanna move there :headbang:
P1170048_edited.jpeg

That looks like a lenticular cloud... if it stays in the same place? They form when the wind blows up the side of a mountain, causing condensation as the air cools from the rising altitude.
Old Man Mt. is locally regarded as a weather maker. My go to weather report. To the south the summit of Old Man is about 10 miles by the raven from camp. To the north the summit of the Maniilaq Mts is 5 raven miles. This creates 'channeled' terrain, and jacks the wind. Old Man Mt wears a lenticular hat quite often. Lets me know when the valley winds are about to kick up.

Yo trailanimal how it going snowed in yet? Starting to come down here and temps are falling so everything is icing up :pass:
Snow on ground since mid Oct. Couple of feet in the woods where it don't blow. At the cabin, at the edge of the tundra, drifts are building. Not bad yet. easy to get around. -15f this morn,,,

Back