Outdoor trailanimal 2019

Fishing for many is pure sport, not a necessity. Big reminder of the waning fair weather and the need to fill the larder to carry you through a long winter.
Wishing you full nets to compliment your full jars. I can only imagine the flavor of same day caught sockeye.
With those pups, there are many mouths to feed, but no better companions.
The dogs are key players, keep n it safe for us Olds, and always providing smiles and laughs. We mostly get Chum salmon in the net. When it starts freezing at night I start piling up the catch in a 4'x8'x2' box. They slowly ferment then freeze. Easy to keep weight on dogs during winter with this! Best food for them! The males that are still alive and in good shape I'll fillet and freeze for people food. Smoke some2

The dogs are key players, keep n it safe for us Olds, and always providing smiles and laughs. We mostly get Chum salmon in the net. When it starts freezing at night I start piling up the catch in a 4'x8'x2' box. They slowly ferment then freeze. Easy to keep weight on dogs during winter with this! Best food for them! The males that are still alive and in good shape I'll fillet and freeze for people food. Smoke some2
Delicious for man and man’s best friend! Great fat/ protein and high calories.
Fell over my hound yesterday and broke my hand. He hasn’t left my side since. He went after a deer. Just wish I could teach him to assist with gardening instead of hunting here in the burbs.

Yesterday eve, a walk on the "beach". The overflow channel drying up till another big rain...
P1040765.JPG
P1040767.JPG
P1040800.JPG
P1040786.JPG
P1040787.JPG
P1040783.JPG
P1040805.JPG
P1040803.JPG

Back