Outdoor trailanimal 2019

I don't know why more people don't grow their own.

I guess it's the ultimate addiction........ mwahahahaa!!!
I would say fear and paranoia stops most people in areas where it "illegal". My daughter to this day reminds me how worried she was that the police would come and take me away for my grows. Then again here in a legal state in USA not everyone uses it. And I find that hard to believe !!!! So I guess those of us who love it and grow our own are really in a small minority. Good question.

Warning: thread hijack...

Okay, cool.
I'm going to run a mainly coco mix, with a bit of soil in the middle for the seedling, and organic amendments.
Kind of super coco, if there is such a thing...
How many weeks did they go before the amendments were exhausted?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to top dress mine too, maybe at start of flower, and again at week 4 of flower.
Any suggestions or tips with a 1.5 gal super soil run?
Hi @Maria Sanchez , I use a combination of two commercial supersoils and add in additional kelp, azomite and shells. I start with a quality soil/ perlite mix in the center of the pot and the remainder of the pot gets the mix 50/50 with soil for autos. Photo periods get full strength SS.
My plants go the distance in a 5gallon. Anything less and I get deficiencies. I’ll add in Roots HPK and Recharge at preflower and again week 3-4 of flower . It works out well while keeping it as simple as possible.

Should get some nice indica x sativa hybrid vigor with that cross, but preserve the high CBD, too.

What kind of yields you think you'll get in a 1.5 gal pot?
I'm looking at using 1.5 gal / 5.5 L cloth pots for next run, and hoping for ... an oz each? Possible?
Should get an oz, easy! Larger ones in my 1/2 gallon window go 1 oz, + or - a little. @Rebel used to run in 1.5 gallons, I think she pushes 3 oz!

Last edited:
@Maria Sanchez , A solid oz on her , but not much more. Down side for me is running supersoil, I had to feed her. She exhausted the soil starting into flower. Yes, nice plant .. and will be good CBD content with a little THC in the mix.
I've noticed the 1/2 gallons can take a higher dose of boost than the the 10 gallons before the first slight signs of nute burn.

Warning: thread hijack...

Okay, cool.
I'm going to run a mainly coco mix, with a bit of soil in the middle for the seedling, and organic amendments.
Kind of super coco, if there is such a thing...
How many weeks did they go before the amendments were exhausted?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to top dress mine too, maybe at start of flower, and again at week 4 of flower.
Any suggestions or tips with a 1.5 gal super soil run?
watch your water, small pots dry fast

oh, and you can [HASHTAG]#hijackme[/HASHTAG]
anytime:pass:

I would say fear and paranoia stops most people in areas where it "illegal". My daughter to this day reminds me how worried she was that the police would come and take me away for my grows. Then again here in a legal state in USA not everyone uses it. And I find that hard to believe !!!! So I guess those of us who love it and grow our own are really in a small minority. Good question.
our club
P1000831-01.jpeg

Hi @Maria Sanchez , I use a combination of two commercial supersoils and add in additional kelp, azomite and shells. I start with a quality soil/ perlite mix in the center of the pot and the remainder of the pot gets the mix 50/50 with soil for autos. Photo periods get full strength SS.
My plants go the distance in a 5gallon. Anything less and I get deficiencies. I’ll add in Roots HPK and Recharge at preflower and again week 3-4 of flower . It works out well while keeping it as simple as possible.

Great, sounds a bit like what I plan -- soil in the center for when its a seedling, then working out to the super soil.
I'm making my own super coco though, with an okay but not perfect mix. Includes kelp meal and other organic content, and chicken manure with high Ca.

I knew I'd have to supplement later anyway, so it's not a big deal.
One pot is photos -- straight CBD strains, second THC photos, and the third is very fast autos.

Should get an oz, easy! Larger ones in my 1/2 gallon window go 1 oz, + or - a little. @Rebel used to run in 1.5 gallons, I think she pushes 3 oz!

Let's see. These will be outside in the wild. Weather a big factor here...
Though planning same set up for some indoors later.

Even up to an oz each and I'll be very happy.

I've noticed the 1/2 gallons can take a higher dose of boost than the the 10 gallons before the first slight signs of nute burn.

Interesting. I'm already experimenting with super soil / coco dosage now, while they're at home.

watch your water, small pots dry fast

oh, and you can [HASHTAG]#hijackme[/HASHTAG]
anytime:pass:

Yup, that's a big question. It rains a lot between sunshine this time of year, mainly rains in afternoon.
I will add some water polymer crystals, lower in the pot, but not too much.
Can always go out to them and hand water if it's dry for more than a couple of days straight.
Also, they'll be in long grass, so the surface is almost always damp, keeping the low roots moist.
Cloth pots may let the bottom roots poke through, and even grow into the dirt if I don't move them.

I should prob experiment with a few different mixes and watch them closely, learn what works best....

Let's see. These will be outside in the wild. Weather a big factor here...
Though planning same set up for some indoors later.

Even up to an oz each and I'll be very happy.

Interesting. I'm already experimenting with super soil / coco dosage now, while they're at home.

Yup, that's a big question. It rains a lot between sunshine this time of year, mainly rains in afternoon.
I will add some water polymer crystals, lower in the pot, but not too much.
Can always go out to them and hand water if it's dry for more than a couple of days straight.
Also, they'll be in long grass, so the surface is almost always damp, keeping the low roots moist.
Cloth pots may let the bottom roots poke through, and even grow into the dirt if I don't move them.

I should prob experiment with a few different mixes and watch them closely, learn what works best....
hmm, you can taylor drainage as well as nutes, good idea. My 1/2 gallon window plants are my soil and ferts testers for the outdoor season. When i said the window girls of this season could take more boost than the 10 gallon ones I was meaning proportional to size of pot. Maybe hungrier because of small pot.

Last edited:
Back