Outdoor trailanimal 2019

Finally read though everything, I’m so jelly of your carabou. Wish I could get some antlers, skins, etc. (carabou are the same species as the domestic reindeer and I have Sámi indigenous ancestry and they herded reindeer)

Can’t wait to see your grow happening, you must live way north, I’m so jelly of your snow too. Gosh it’s so pretty.
and I'm a little jelly of your genes!, and silly for say n so
cheers:pass:
P1000245-01.jpeg

bump on the log status:
Couple of deep snow work days then a run to village yesterday. Smooth sailing going in. Only course hazard was overflow on top of river ice and beneath deep snow; right in front of the village, just before the steep bank run-up into the village. I knew it would be there, normal for all the warm we've been having. Mine was 1st tracks so I cruised right over the slush, staying on top of the snow. But I could feel it was there. No bottom. 20 gallons of gas and a heaping load of parcels from the post office gave me a semi-heavy load going home.
By the time I headed out of the village i could see the traces of traffic, snogo trails glinting with water in the afternoon sun. I new the soupy section would be short. So I dropped the hammer and stayed out of other peoples tracks. Rest of the way, 5 mi, up the river was smooth and dry. Back up on the tundra, a different world. When I was in the village the wind came up. The smooth quick surface I flew in on was gone. I saw a choppy driftscape that only a creep would let me traverse. 15 more miles of this and home. But, and this is a big but, there was hundreds of caribou coming and going! It was bright and warm. When it's warm on the tundra wind is good because it cools the land. Yesterday's wind was clearing off a dump of snow that came just as the last wind ceased, a couple days ago. This is our pattern for most of the winter.
Resting today

Good story Trail. It sounds like the slow part might have been entertaining at least:cheers:
I would be nervous about that mushy stuff on the river hehe, not being familiar with those conditions:yoinks:

Good story Trail. It sounds like the slow part might have been entertaining at least:cheers:
I would be nervous about that mushy stuff on the river hehe, not being familiar with those conditions:yoinks:
was cool yesterday, but easily could go white knuckle status, getting stuck in this stuff means a lot of wet work

Got hit hard by flu Sat. night. This morn first time out of bed. Haven't eaten in 60 hours, weak and tipsy, but feels like I'll be eating today, on the mend. I've done 2 posts and I feel like I should lie down, lol. I'll try to get thru my alerts

Got hit hard by flu Sat. night. This morn first time out of bed. Haven't eaten in 60 hours, weak and tipsy, but feels like I'll be eating today, on the mend. I've done 2 posts and I feel like I should lie down, lol. I'll try to get thru my alerts
Hah, that's what you get for going to town:crying: hope you can pop right back!:pighug:

Back