Grow Mediums To pH or not to pH

yes and no with lots of inbetweens.
yellow ph pens are only bin worthy,any ph pen £30 up from blulab,apera,hanna will be good enough.Although make sure you got storage,cleaning,4+7ph cal fluids that can be another £40 ontop.
mixed results ? a newish grower can blame practically everything because we do 9/10 things just a lil bit wrong.
mixed results ? if pen is dodgey then its easy to f up the ph of feeds.
mixed results ? my 1st grow overwtered 2nd underwaterd 3rd underfed,4th overfed burnt.
it can take a few grows to iron out the f ups,and another few grows to get things dialled in.(i call it practice,as nobody was any good at anything the first time the tried it)
PH is a handy thing to know,if yer gardens lovely then PH is of little importance,if the garden is shit then PH PH PH check.
if growing in biobizz soil with biobizz nutes and yer tap water is between 6-8 then no need to adjust.
theres a difference in checking PH and adjusting PH.
i may check ph (tap,tap after 24hr,feed)but i never feel the need to make any adjustments.Or risk over watering trying to get a run off ph test.
chemical ph is know or maybe its a myth that chem ph up/down kills microbes and good things in soil.
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

i played the nute-n-ph game in the beginning................until it drove me fuckin batty :rofl: :wall: then i started makin up me own soilz & life has been good....not to mention much, much saner :smoking: ppp

Thanks for the information guys it's a big help everyday a learning day and it good to here other people's opinions @Couch_Lock you lost me at Dr Frankenstein care to elaborate

Ya, I find it a waste of time and dumb. Measuring a "soil slurry." Been there done that.......and now I know its a waste of time for ME.

I don't care what others do, very much. Everybody develops a method that works well, its a weed we grow. We aren't reinventing mother nature. Some use shite equipment, some don't. Some have better genetics, some don't. Some can recognize a plant in distress, some can't. Some smoke nute heavy weed, others will not touch that.

yes and no with lots of inbetweens.
yellow ph pens are only bin worthy,any ph pen £30 up from blulab,apera,hanna will be good enough.Although make sure you got storage,cleaning,4+7ph cal fluids that can be another £40 ontop.
mixed results ? a newish grower can blame practically everything because we do 9/10 things just a lil bit wrong.
mixed results ? if pen is dodgey then its easy to f up the ph of feeds.
mixed results ? my 1st grow overwtered 2nd underwaterd 3rd underfed,4th overfed burnt.
it can take a few grows to iron out the f ups,and another few grows to get things dialled in.(i call it practice,as nobody was any good at anything the first time the tried it)
PH is a handy thing to know,if yer gardens lovely then PH is of little importance,if the garden is shit then PH PH PH check.
if growing in biobizz soil with biobizz nutes and yer tap water is between 6-8 then no need to adjust.
theres a difference in checking PH and adjusting PH.
i may check ph (tap,tap after 24hr,feed)but i never feel the need to make any adjustments.Or risk over watering trying to get a run off ph test.
chemical ph is know or maybe its a myth that chem ph up/down kills microbes and good things in soil.
good luck n keep er lit

I'm using biobizz light mix with grow bloom and top max and biobizz cal mag my tap water comes out at 7.8 I live in a hard water area would my money be better spent on algimag activera insted of a bluelab also when I do adjust my pH I use lemon juice to bring it down is that fine for the microbs

i promise not to make any Norfolk jokes :biggrin: maybe the south coast where them white cliffs are,surrounded by limestone.
hard water is calcium,you have lots of calcium in base water.(furry kettle/shite tea)And you add cal/mag.....i have no idea what too much calcium does (calcium tox) but it could be a bad thing.
never tried the activera...but i been using the alg a mic the green seaweed shite for years,at £11 a L its relitively cheap so my plants get 1ml first 1st half of their lives and 2ml the 2nd half.
for 1 grow id say its better value to ignore PH and see what happens,than spend £80 do lots of flaffing and see what happens.
are you usinga ton of lemons or micro managing ph ? tell us the before during and after PH
keep er lit

I just use lemon juice from the supermarket the kind you use when baking or on pancake day I add 7 drops to water straight from the tap give it a stair let it sit for a hour and the pH comes into the 6.5 range I have used the pH drops and a cheap meter calibrated to check this is this bad I figured it was organic has to be better than using the chemical pH up and down

Any way I got my self the blue labs meter today my current grow isn't looking to good so gonna try fixing her not sure what's going on its looking like my last grow been looking online and I think she's being under fed thought it was over feeding at first when I noticed nute burn on the tips but after research its looking like potassium deficiency burn so gonna give her a feed soon

if this grow doesn't work Im tempted to stop growing this will be my 3rd bad grow in a row the genetics are mephisto my light is a Mars.hydro Ts1000 and nutes and soil is bio bizz I've followed my old charts that have worked well in the past and one I have found on here and the results are still the same so I have come to the conclusion it's my light my pH or its just me

I'm starting a autoseeds kandy kush grow soon so I got the pen to make sure everything is on point if this one goes south I'm done

I use 100% non GMO organic citric acid powder......bought 5 lbs about 3 yrs ago, was cheap maybe $15 american. I've got over 4.4 lbs left!

I use 1/8th teaspoon per one gallon of tap water to get my tap DOWN TO about 6.5 or 6.6 (about 7.7 from the tap)

I stressed about all Ph my first few runs, but pros use BlueLab for Ph'ing water. Ph'ing soil is Dr Frankenstein shit, not needed.

Renfro from RIU is an old bud, he grows commercial sized runs. He uses BlueLabs pens, only. I'd guess anything Blue Labs is legit.
Why did Renfro get kicked off RIU?

Not sure, Drem.

I quit that site over a year ago. The mods let things get out of hand. All the ugly politics there, etc.

Back