Grow Mediums To pH or not to pH

About ph.....as a chemical consultant to industry...nationwide.....we tested every water municipality/industry where we supplied chemicals....you have to know your 'vehicle' that carries your loads....at one time I ph'ed nothing...60 mile move and now I have to...
It's gonna vary from one area to another...so do check ph at least...

you add lemon juice straight out the tap and let it sit for an hour ?
so was it 7.8ph and 7 whole drops of lemon juice lowered it to ?ph
thats not how it works.fill jugs,tubs,buckets,bottles from the tap (test if you want to but dont adjust) let the water sit for at least 24 hours (test if you want to but dont adjust) when it comes feeding time,add nutes then test and PH adjust if needed.
Dont mix up 4 gallons of nutes if you only going to use 2 litres.
my tap water seems to raise 0.2ph as it sits overnight,but then when i add nutes it lowers 0.5+ to what i consider acceptable levels,and i never seem to get the ph down out.
hopefully now with the blulab onboar we can rule out any dodgy ph readings.have a good play with it,test yer tea yer pee and everything :coffee:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Actually it's better to pH your water first as pouring concentrated acid in your nutrient mix will destroy the bonds of sime or all chelates, but in practice this is almost impossible. So most proffesional greenhouses they take the middle way and partially acidify the water, then mix in the nutrients and then add the remaining acid to the mix...

Back