Grow Mediums To Be or Not To Be ...

Nice to see a new round starting here @Nosias !
I'm interested in the Giant Devil, as it looks to be a Linda "house brand" version of Sweet Seeds Big Devil XL.

When do you expect to hook up the res?

Hey nos bro :eyebrows: i will keep an eye on this one :d5: and if your candy dawg is anything like mine was you are in for a big girl and some fantastic buds,probably my favorite smoke so far after 4 years growing. good luck my friend catch you soon :thumbsup:

Nice to see a new round starting here @Nosias !
I'm interested in the Giant Devil, as it looks to be a Linda "house brand" version of Sweet Seeds Big Devil XL.

When do you expect to hook up the res?

Good to have you here. :dancer:

I will hook up rez when the leaves start to touch the side of pot walls. That maybe at day 15-20.

I also read that they say it is like SS Big Devil XL. I have never tried either one. So they will be given light, love and care.

So you are moving I read?

Hey nos bro :eyebrows: i will keep an eye on this one :d5: and if your candy dawg is anything like mine was you are in for a big girl and some fantastic buds,probably my favorite smoke so far after 4 years growing. good luck my friend catch you soon :thumbsup:
I am always smiling when you are hanging around. Looking forward to them all.

Good to have you here. :dancer:

I will hook up rez when the leaves start to touch the side of pot walls. That maybe at day 15-20.

I also read that they say it is like SS Big Devil XL. I have never tried either one. So they will be given light, love and care.

So you are moving I read?

Happy to be here!

Cool, should be within a week or two when we see the autopot magic come alive!!

I'm interested in the Giant / Big Devil XL because it's a Jack Herer cross.

Yes, to the frozen wilderness that is the Dis-united Kingdom...

Nice mix for the pot! Want to see how it turns out. Do you precharge your medium?

Nice mix for the pot! Want to see how it turns out. Do you precharge your medium?
Well, many many do.
Here is bushmasters way of growing with MC.

To answer your question I did not. Here is my thought process. The ladies are in a 4" x 4" Rock wool cube. I prepare my pots and then I will put a seed in a Root Riot of a Jiffy pellet. I put the starter pellet with seed into the rock wool cube. I do pre-charge the pellet b4 I plant the seed. Once planted in rock wool cube I water with MC3 at 0.25 gram a liter. But I only water the pellet area and a bit around it. I use about a 1/4 liter per pot. When they pop I will water again with 0.53 gram MC2 per liter, this is same as 2 grams per gallon. In a few days I water again and expand to the entire 4x4 cube, still at 0.53 gram a liter. In a few more days I water with about 650 ml of the same mixture. Today was day 8 and I watered them again and just about have the entire area wet. I needs to be completey wet b4 I turn on the rez.

BUT BUT I would go with Bushes methods if this is all new to you. You can not go wrong.
Remeber every garden is DIFFERENT. Try one way to grow and see how it "sits" with you. I can say I am feeling a lot better about my first 2 weeks as these weeks were my downfall.

I use Cal mg when I see limey green and I will finish the older version of Sweet Candy. This is all I use BUT many many use other stuff.

1600872600537.png

Well, many many do.
Here is bushmasters way of growing with MC.

To answer your question I did not. Here is my thought process. The ladies are in a 4" x 4" Rock wool cube. I prepare my pots and then I will put a seed in a Root Riot of a Jiffy pellet. I put the starter pellet with seed into the rock wool cube. I do pre-charge the pellet b4 I plant the seed. Once planted in rock wool cube I water with MC3 at 0.25 gram a liter. But I only water the pellet area and a bit around it. I use about a 1/4 liter per pot. When they pop I will water again with 0.53 gram MC2 per liter, this is same as 2 grams per gallon. In a few days I water again and expand to the entire 4x4 cube, still at 0.53 gram a liter. In a few more days I water with about 650 ml of the same mixture. Today was day 8 and I watered them again and just about have the entire area wet. I needs to be completey wet b4 I turn on the rez.

BUT BUT I would go with Bushes methods if this is all new to you. You can not go wrong.
Remeber every garden is DIFFERENT. Try one way to grow and see how it "sits" with you. I can say I am feeling a lot better about my first 2 weeks as these weeks were my downfall.

I use Cal mg when I see limey green and I will finish the older version of Sweet Candy. This is all I use BUT many many use other stuff.

View attachment 1236308

OK I see, thanks! Pretty exctied to se how your run turns out. I'm actually using bush's shced this run but I was too dumb not to adjust CalMag to my settings where i had already seen too much calmag was not necesary during first weeks. I'm learning a lot thought!

OK I see, thanks! Pretty exctied to se how your run turns out. I'm actually using bush's shced this run but I was too dumb not to adjust CalMag to my settings where i had already seen too much calmag was not necesary during first weeks. I'm learning a lot thought!
The best way I have learned is by mess-ups. They teach me more than I sometimes want to learn. Just think b4 u act. Keep the stoner away from mixing and changing things with the ladies. Then if possible only make ONE change. See how that goes. Then repeat as necessary. You will get it if you really want to.

Back