Time to go

Sorry to see people leave. I like seeing what others are doing and especially when others are having issues. I‘ve learned a ton since I’ve been here by some very friendly and knowledgable people. I checked a couple of other grow sites and they were too political and sometimes downright rude to new growers asking questions. So far AFN is the best site I’ve found. IDK why not getting ‘enough’ feedback would be why someone would leave. AFN is not Instagram to see how many followers one can accumulate. Learn, share and see what other growers are doing, i.e., grows, issues, techniques, gear and products, etc. I don't reply to every post I read on here but I also don't expect everyone else who sees 'my' posts to reply either. If someone's post catches my interest or I have something to say, then I post a reply. It's all good.

Last edited:
Hi peoples,
little bit sad about this but i think I’m gonna move to another forum. Nothing personal, I just don’t get enough feedback on here. My last 3 weekly updates have had just a very small number of replies and a lot of posts get overlooked, I mainly put this down to living in the uk and the time zones. So from me and my girl I say a big thankyou and goodbye.
The Sheriff
View attachment 1317367

ok, on one hand, we obviously can't tie u up & make u stay, lol :rolleyes2:, but on the other hand, we'd def hate to see u go :rolleyes1: i've looked thru thingz a bit & i think the choice of how u were doin ur updatez & where u were postin em has lead to the limited expozure/feedback, sooooo, what i suggest, given ur location & such, is to jump in the uk growerz club thread, introduce urself & do all ur updatez, etc in there...i think u'll be pleazantly surprized at the newfound interaction u'll discover there :thumbsup: i've put the link below, so at least give it a shot, eh-? that'z the ticket! :headbang: ppp

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/uk-growers-club.63849/page-323#post-2428925 :goodluck:

Hi peoples,
little bit sad about this but i think I’m gonna move to another forum. Nothing personal, I just don’t get enough feedback on here. My last 3 weekly updates have had just a very small number of replies and a lot of posts get overlooked, I mainly put this down to living in the uk and the time zones. So from me and my girl I say a big thankyou and goodbye.
I'm in the same boat Sheriff. I love growing, my post didn't seem to get much traction. From what I've gathered on other posts I've been interacting with, this place is pure fam when it comes to growing, so much friendliness. I encourage you to stay with me and keep plugging away. eventually like others said well have plenty of friends and maybe become Guru Growers ourselves. Cheers growmie!
:toke: well for starters your post counts are low for the time you've been here,... "Likes" and such are great, but not really an interaction or engagement with the others, and that's what gets you more personal ties and traffic... getting consistent with a few folks following their grows and starting some convo, feedback, etc. starts the wheel rolling... not everybody is going to do this either, so if you see your energy being wasted on black hole threads, move along,.. It's numbers game these days frankly, and also partly your online charisma and interest,... After all my time on such forums, truly the axiom you reap what you sow applies here! Keep in mind you are but one in 1000's,... come off bland, sit around like potted plant yourself, etc. and you get the same back in kind...
When I first came I got hooked up with about 8 or so others growers; we visited each others threads frequently, chatted a lot, and it started to snow-ball with others joining in :smokeout:....you gotta form some sort of nucleus within the community to gather regulars... thread hopping and Likes don't do that.... That's the best advise I can offer ya! I know it's tougher now than when we were a smaller site, but that's the Game on all such places these days...

@Sheriffatman,

So much informative and positive replies where already given. :pighug:
I can only add to that, that I liked your posts. For a newb on this forum you have lots of knowledge looking at your grow. Share that knowledge and have a looksie in the infirmary.
I'd hate to see you go mate :pass:

@Sheriffatman to each their own ofc but I don't find this to be a site focused on likes and comments. That's really what I like it for, it's a knowledge base which we all add to, including you. My journal isn't exactly page one of the internet but it's there to track my plants, and for others especially noobs to see the grow process. I make it like what I wanted to find when I started out. There's value in a contribution like that, if you can see it. I've read and forgotten a hundred journals here for pointers. They take months to compose and minutes to read. My journal will be just another like that, and if you drop in weekly through a grow then yours would be too :smoking: but ofc go your own way whether that's here or not

Back