Lighting Timber Grow Lights COB Based LED Fixtures

Are MH/HPS days limited with the arrival of Cree CXB3590s and BridgeLux Vero29 ?

• Total voters
IMG_1867.JPG

Bet the build quality doesn't have nothing on the Timber CXB200. Nothing was spared when this bad boy was built.
When CXB200 is powered down efficiency is improved. Meanwell HLG 185H C1400B lets power up/down from 10 watts to each CXB3590 up to 100watts to each CXB3590

It really sucks that I was sent to paypal on the PLC site. Amateur Hour IMO. I really didn't want to give my information to a 3rd party. Professional sites accept the major cards and let people from around the world purchase there fixtures.
Timbers are shipped worldwide with UPS expedited and UPS Ground lower 48.Also can be purchased with major credit from the site without having to rely on paypal.

Last edited:
Now its all making sense. A green genes fan:thumbsup:
Not really, but I liked his hps vs AT + lab stuff.
Id never buy a panel over DIY and beeing from europe surely never from the US.

Are u insecure about CX300 like he is.
Dont get what u r saying.

I would love to see the buds middle down from CX300
well its in the vid(s)
And you are like growing single plants...makes a difference over a filled wide canopy, especially for intensity and reaching lower growth.

The more I look at CX300 the more it looks like a Heavenbright.com Mothership. Did PLC clone the mothership?
A Cob on a heatsink with fans in a case...rocketscience, someone should have patented that.
Yeah and everybody is cloning the achievments of the community and ppl like supra, flux, sds and else.

The CX300 looks to be only covering 6 to7 squareft in the picture instead of the 9 to 10sqft that PLC says the CX300 covers during flower
He gives a nice footprint and the important numbers, what else is there to ask for...where are those numbers for the CXB200?

Whats the CX300 wattage draw? 320?Are there 320grams under each CX300 in the video. He will be lucky to get 1gpw from that grow. Whats he have 2 plants in 5 gallon pots under 320watts
Maybe someone can help ole GG out with his Coco skills also,because soil just isn't gonna do it for the GPW #s
Ha,Ha
Reminds me actually of another thing I liked about GG when there was that AT vs HPS sidebyside...beeing open and humble about his skills, not immature and ranting about others ;)
and that he is encouraging others to just go diy, while selling panels.

But this isnt about GG, just continue with your growshow.
Cheers

Last edited:
Timber CXB200 with CB 30G (3000K)emitters when powered down with manual dimmer
100% 38.59% efficient
75% 41.64% efficient
50% 48.27% efficient
25% 54.62% efficient
The CB 40G(4000K) emitters contain more blue and efficiency will increase a tad bit more over the 30G(3000K)

I actually have first hand exp with emitters that not properly kept within operating temps. This emitter here is a Vero18 30watts that wasn't properly cooled.
Its very dangerous .

GEDC3663.JPG

Down to 3 Dreams
All will finish over the next 10 Days
IMG_3345.JPG

:woohoo:

I actually have first hand exp with emitters that not properly kept within operating temps. This emitter here is a Vero18 30watts that wasn't properly cooled.
Its very dangerous .
Looks like an arctic cooler which is way more than enough and should be fine up to 100W.
Seems like it wasnt properly attached.
Superiority of Cobs creates a lots of (so called) businessmen.

Looking forward to ur PLC teardown, I doubt its bad inside, but surprises cannot be ruled out.

I think I understand what you are saying.

But, lets say you have 4 cobs at 25W vs 1 cob @ 100W.
If you put the 4 emitters at the exact same height as the single one, their coverage area will increase -depending on how much space is between them, but overall intensity will decrease compared to the single emitter.
-because of what you said.
But as you put the 4 cobs lower, the coverage area will decrease and intensity increases. The closer you put those 3,5cm x 3,5cm Cobs together the less you need to put them lower.
Also in this case you have more angles for light rays to reach lower/mid growth -higher chance light does not get intercepted/blocked by higher growth.
Besides efficiency, I think its actually an advantage overall.
Yeah, reflectors are a good idea.
Can you agree with my POV, or what do you think is wrong with it?
My whole thing is if u run a cxb3590 at 20-40% and call it efficiency it's like saying I have the biggest Hemingway ever but can only run at half power cause of heat I would rather have 6 cxb3070 in my 4x4 as I do the more cobs u have it helps to fight the square inverse law

Ungodly is mine with the 3070 cxb 6 of em with mono's on the outside of the cobs
43841b8b931effab0731d5f63f81d3fc.jpg

2a6cc26a68be5c28c9be15811b9bab43.jpg

Back