DIY Thoughts on this scrubber?

Reaction score
Amazon product
Here's the rundown. I have a closet 2'x3' theres no door. I was planning to hang a thick blanket or tarp up to keep the light in. However smell will be an issue since i cant fully contain the plant like a door would. Will this scrubber work? The room its in is tiny and the door to the room will remain shut 24/7.

Amazon product
Here's the rundown. I have a closet 2'x3' theres no door. I was planning to hang a thick blanket or tarp up to keep the light in. However smell will be an issue since i cant fully contain the plant like a door would. Will this scrubber work? The room its in is tiny and the door to the room will remain shut 24/7.

SHAMELESS SELF BUMP

Completely guessing on the scrubber but with what looks like mesh filters I'd be surprised if it was strong enough. The bigger problem I can see though is ensuring all the stinky air actually goes through it - you might have some funny air currents with airflow fans etc?

Although you don't have a door on the cupboard would it be feasible to velcro or even duct tape seal something like a tarp over the front rather than just draping it? If you do that you'd have a good enough seal to use a regular extraction fan and scrubber.

One other possibility depending where you live would be to fit some kind of fan in the window to keep the room at a negative pressure so no draughts go into the house?

Just a few thoughts.

PS - bumping doesn't help much when you're already top of the page ;)

Could use ozone in the room, or just buy air fresheners every week. Maybe buy a small tent then you can do what you like.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Thanks for supplying links. I think ill go this route. Which part goes outside and which part in?

Thanks for supplying links. I think ill go this route. Which part goes outside and which part in?

It doesn't have to be one inside one outside. Set them up so that the fan either pulls air through the filter (filter inside case) or pushes air through the filter (filter outside case) and make sure the case is reasonably well sealed (doesn't have to be perfect) so that the only air escaping is going through the fan/filter combo. The fan can basically just be wherever it fits best when you consider grow space, noise, keeping the ducting as straight as you can etc. I've never used this kind of kit myself so can't advise which setup is likely to be better but a lot of growers do use systems like this so there's plenty of info out these both on these forums and on youtube etc if you get chance to have a browse around.

Both outside, put the fan blowing into the can filter pulling air out of the cabinet. You want air to go into the cabinet around the cardboard door or better yet put a small air filter on the door to let air into the cabinet.

Make yourself a small frame that will just fit in the space cover in diamond Mylar staple it add extraction use duct tape to wrap around ducting and Mylar and use velcro for Mylar door keep smell of mine out in 0.5x0.5x1 cab.

Pic gives you a general idea plants overtook that space now [emoji23] will add I'm using a 4" inline twin extractor with 430mh but it's dialled right down to around 50mh
67f1e2a4648394310692840131e7a298.jpg

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Back