Would you recommend the ac infinity carbon filter?

Sure, the idea in theory is good.
Put a thermometer on it and see.

Thanks. Then you think it would be the better thing to mount the driver on a block of metal. How about a small aluminum baking sheet pan on there for it? If it was not mounted on anything it would be on the wire shelf with air flow up under it.

Have you done the research for the coverage for a 6in fan and filter? Seems to be over kill for a 32x32 tent. I have a 3x3x7 with a 4in infinity fan.. I've never even turned it up to half power.. And have never used a carbon filter.. Haven't met an auto that's worthy of it, lol. You are losing precious space by having all of that in your tent. Just something to think about. You honestly do not need a 6in fan and definitely not a 6in carbon filter. If you feel you need them, I'd at least start with the 4in model for both.
hows the static pressure on the ac infinity fans? i bought 1 and returned it because it didnt seem like it could handle the effects of negative pressure like standard hydrofarm fans can..the one i got was a 4 inch for a 2x4.. thinking about a 6 or 8 for a 4x4.. they are so quiet, hard to resist..
as far as filters go..cheap vivosun 4 inch filter on amazon is like 25$.. seems to work as well as the phresh filter it replaced.. if you want any charcoal filter to last u must filter intake..

Last edited:
I've used the 4" vivosun for a while now. They're good for the price.
I'm also in the process of finding an activated charcoal supplier to rebuild my filters.

I find the comment about you must filter intake confusing.
The filter works in both directions.
You can draw air from the outside shell to the center. Or blow drawn air from the tent to the center of the filter and out the outside shell.

For the driver. I wouldn't let it dangle alone without a heatsink of some kind.
The big piece of metal isn't the best.
Go with something thin instead.
Google heatsink and look at photos to get ideas. This is your setup, be creative.
:vibe:

Thanks. I have an extra aluminum baking sheet pan that is small and the right size for the driver. It is thin. What do you think of that on there for it?

The idea is to tranfer the heat through conduction ( metal to metal),...then metal to air (convection).
Blowing air over the tin sheet will give you best efficiency.
Have you had a look at your light suppliers web site for recommended installations?
Anything you do is better than nothing.
So obviously, the more you're willing to do the better.
The added advantage (tell no-one).
You just doubled the life of your driver! :thumbsup:

The driver is the weakest link.
The LED's will outlive both you and I combined!

Thanks for the information. I am looking at the 240w kingbrite quantum board. It has heat sink for the quantum board but I am looking at mounting the driver outside the tent for heat and for extra room in the top of the tent. I think that the aluminum baking sheet pan is non stick for it. Do you think that would be a problem in using it for the heat sink for it? I looked on amazon for heat sinks but I am having a hard time finding ones for this type of use on there for it.

Back