DIY DIY Grow Cabinet

Looking good! Reminds me a lot of my build. Quick tip regarding the light leaking out of the doors - you can use foam weather strips to completely conceal the interior. Here's mine after I applied them (take or leave the locks) - I imagine the strips would be good to help prevent pests:

2.jpg

I added those latches to pull things in tight, too. It might not bother you, but thought this was worth sharing!

Last edited:
Wanna post a picture with the intake mate so i can check it out. Loving the light spectrum and diy! Been doing a lot of diy myself also. Going to be building a diy trim bin too. Fuck paying like $70 for one when they're easily made haha madness

Wanna post a picture with the intake mate so i can check it out. Loving the light spectrum and diy! Been doing a lot of diy myself also. Going to be building a diy trim bin too. Fuck paying like $70 for one when they're easily made haha madness
Ahhh...intake :baked:

Sure, will post pictures in a few hours. Yeah, truly believe DIY is the best way forward - this stuff is not that complicated if you put in the time reading up before you buy anything. I have a smart power strip where I can control each panel separately including the fan, so I have the entire system running on timers right now - makes life so much easier. I plan on adding UV lights for my next grow (during flowering) to see if it actually helps.

@MrAutoGrower @NewB_GrowR here is a picture of the side panel. Both side panels are similar, but in one of them, I have covered the top 4" circular hole. This hole is used for exhausting filtered hot air with the intake being at the bottom.

I plan on adding a slanted acrylic sheet/flap inside the cabinet over the intake slots to prevent light from coming out of the cabinet (mainly for stealth)
Cabinet-SidePanel.jpg

@MrAutoGrower @NewB_GrowR here is a picture of the side panel. Both side panels are similar, but in one of them, I have covered the top 4" circular hole. This hole is used for exhausting filtered hot air with the intake being at the bottom.

I plan on adding a slanted acrylic sheet/flap inside the cabinet over the intake slots to prevent light from coming out of the cabinet (mainly for stealth)
View attachment 1344286
Looks good but if you are exhausting out the same direction as the intake, it will pull hot air back in. I'd have put the intake at the left side of cabinet and outtake at the right mate. Which tool did u use for these cuts

Activated Carbon Sheets are good to have around any stealth grow project. I have some cut to form and held inside of my locker (like gym lockers) doors with magnets - so that if someone put their nose to my locker vent - they wouldn't smell all the sweet dankness inside (tbh it would be way too late at that point but it does work).

You can cut it with scissors and use velcro to position it. But it will only do so much - it won't take the place of a carbon filter on a 4" fan. It won't block the smell of the flowering plant - but it will help with the vegetative plant smell. Might help with your light blocking some too. For instance I put it on the inside mounting screws of a PC fan (just the extra screw length and pushed it through the filter sheet) and it blocked a good bit of the light that was leaking through the fan as well.....

Looks good but if you are exhausting out the same direction as the intake, it will pull hot air back in. I'd have put the intake at the left side of cabinet and outtake at the right mate. Which tool did u use for these cuts

fresh cold air from the bottom and stale hot hair exhausting from the top as long as you can create a little bit of negative pressure is the logic I am working off of, but will know for sure when I get my inline exhaust. That hole you see on the top is where the aluminum tube will exhaust the hot air out, and since this is an outdoor setup, I am not too worried about hot air getting back in.

The cuts were made using an oscillating tool - another option would be a dremel too.

Activated Carbon Sheets are good to have around any stealth grow project. I have some cut to form and held inside of my locker (like gym lockers) doors with magnets - so that if someone put their nose to my locker vent - they wouldn't smell all the sweet dankness inside (tbh it would be way too late at that point but it does work).

You can cut it with scissors and use velcro to position it. But it will only do so much - it won't take the place of a carbon filter on a 4" fan. It won't block the smell of the flowering plant - but it will help with the vegetative plant smell. Might help with your light blocking some too. For instance I put it on the inside mounting screws of a PC fan (just the extra screw length and pushed it through the filter sheet) and it blocked a good bit of the light that was leaking through the fan as well.....

I have a 4 inch inline carbon filter ready, but waiting for the inline fan - mainly concerned with the light, but like you said it should be able to cut down the amount of light coming out, so will give it a shot soon.

I have a 4 inch inline carbon filter ready, but waiting for the inline fan - mainly concerned with the light, but like you said it should be able to cut down the amount of light coming out, so will give it a shot soon.

This thing from Amazon helped with my little build (when it came to venting).
DISAAR Antminer S7 S9 S9i E3 T9 L3+ D3 A3 V9 X3 120mm Fan Duct Cooling Shroud to 4 Inch Vent Hose -
Amazon product

And it fits the screw holes on one of these:
Amazon product

Back