Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

Anybody ever came across a very slow to flower indica pheno s.o.d.k???
Ive got one in a 5.5 gallon oxypot. Just under 3 foot. Very squat bushlike plant. She is at day 47 now and is really just now starting to put the buds out.
Just curious
Yes the SODK is probably the longest growing of all the @mephisto strains. She is going to be a biiiiig girl if she's just Now flowering

Ohhhh yeah the SODK will know the max O2 technique before it's all said and done
She actually started producing staman. On a couple lower branches. So i culled her at day 49. Im fairly certain it was my fault. I had her in a huge 5.5gallon oxypot. And used potters gold potting mix straight. No extra perlite or coco. And i believe she got a little water stressed at the switch over veg/flower point from a slight overwatering. Was my first go with that particular media and am used to a high porosity soiless mix. So in the curve of learning she was stressed at wrong time lol. Is my best guess anyhow.
Because once i got her recovered she really bounced back strong. So that is the only occasion she struggled.
I've gotta say though that once i dialed watering with potters gold it really s some fantastic quality. I liken it to a roots organic. And would probably be the perfect match for GBD super soil. Im going to order some and give it a go.
I've got 2 Heisenberg at 61 days. 1 Heisenberg at 47. A 3bog at 47. And two sour cracks at 40days.
Haven't done a journal this time around. Just been to preoccupied with boring stuff like work lol. Kids.
Will be doing a grow reports on all as they finish. Really dialed in some things with mephisto gear.
Is it just me? Or do F1 hybrids have a little more spark to them, then let's say a F5or 6.
Seems with me anyway that the more dialed in the strain, the more sensitive i have to be to plants specific needs??
That ring true to anyone else??

She actually started producing staman. On a couple lower branches. So i culled her at day 49. Im fairly certain it was my fault. I had her in a huge 5.5gallon oxypot. And used potters gold potting mix straight. No extra perlite or coco. And i believe she got a little water stressed at the switch over veg/flower point from a slight overwatering. Was my first go with that particular media and am used to a high porosity soiless mix. So in the curve of learning she was stressed at wrong time lol. Is my best guess anyhow.
Because once i got her recovered she really bounced back strong. So that is the only occasion she struggled.
I've gotta say though that once i dialed watering with potters gold it really s some fantastic quality. I liken it to a roots organic. And would probably be the perfect match for GBD super soil. Im going to order some and give it a go.
I've got 2 Heisenberg at 61 days. 1 Heisenberg at 47. A 3bog at 47. And two sour cracks at 40days.
Haven't done a journal this time around. Just been to preoccupied with boring stuff like work lol. Kids.
Will be doing a grow reports on all as they finish. Really dialed in some things with mephisto gear.
Is it just me? Or do F1 hybrids have a little more spark to them, then let's say a F5or 6.
Seems with me anyway that the more dialed in the strain, the more sensitive i have to be to plants specific needs??

Awww man you should have kept her! I know it is too late now but that is something that happened to me on my 3BOG and I asked Mitch about it and he said exactly that, if you stress them during sexing they can grow some nanners. But if it is just on the lower few branches you can just pluck em off and watch to make sure it doesn't keep putting them out at which time I would cull it lol. I did it and that was the only male parts I saw. It was my first instinct to cull her as well but i am glad i didn't because she is my beautiful trifoliate girl that will probably be 150 grams or so. Any way I digress, i am high as alien vag right now on some bubba cheese live resin.

About your question, I think there might be something to your hypothesis my friend. I have never really thought about it from that angle but it is definitely an interesting thought. I will be looking for it moving forward i know that! I will report back in a couple years after I have grown enough to get some empirical data lmao. But seriously that is an interesting paradigm. Well cheers and happy growing

Yes, F1 Hybrids have more "spark" as they have hybrid vigor - both parental genetics are working overtime to dominate resulting in a greater quality offspring than their parents. As the lines are stabilized they often lose their initial vigor.

A little F1 vigor!!!
Heisenberg Special day 47. The youngest ive got just under 3feet. Bigger than her two older 61 day sister Heisenberg. Super frosty. My camera sux
1499101086761.jpg
1499101137372.jpg

1499608861142.jpg
1499608917500.jpg
Heisenberg Special day 69 chop.
Nick-named this plant Lemon Glue.
Think about her and fingers get sticky.
Intensely sweet lemon scent.
My camera sucks. So really can't see the level of resin absolutely coating flowers.
Barely any fans that were not completely covered. Excellent hybrid to run...
1499608766562.jpg

Last edited:
Back