Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

I'm having trouble with auto blue mephisto genetics.... they keep dieing on me. The mbap is doing great. Can y'all please help me

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

@DETROITBORN86 My Auto Blues was a bit picky about nutes, she didn't want too much nitrogen & loads of Cal mag. She's sensitive so I treated her like she was fragile. Mine did not like the FIM I did on her. She still produced frosty buds in the end.

@DETROITBORN86 My Auto Blues was a bit picky about nutes, she didn't want too much nitrogen & loads of Cal mag. She's sensitive so I treated her like she was fragile. Mine did not like the FIM I did on her. She still produced frosty buds in the end.
I have a photo strawberry cough acting like that too.

@DETROITBORN86 F*ck I Missed, it's a topping technique where you don't take the entire axillary bud off the plant, you cut through the bud instead of fully removing it. If done successfully you should get 4 branchlets started at the node instead of the normal 2.
You can check out the method by googling grow weed easy dot com and check out their tutorials on techniques.

@DETROITBORN86 F*ck I Missed, it's a topping technique where you don't take the entire axillary bud off the plant, you cut through the bud instead of fully removing it. If done successfully you should get 4 branchlets started at the node instead of the normal 2.
You can check out the method by googling grow weed easy dot com and check out their tutorials on techniques.
Ok...Thank you

Anybody ever came across a very slow to flower indica pheno s.o.d.k???
Ive got one in a 5.5 gallon oxypot. Just under 3 foot. Very squat bushlike plant. She is at day 47 now and is really just now starting to put the buds out.
Just curious

Yo, Little Farm on the Hill!

Hello.[emoji5]

How can I learn about the genetics of your stock breeding autos.

Is there a thread I missed?

Just curious....

Thanks brothers.

Forward Ever,
Backward, Never.

mg

Jah Strength
mg

All are invited to check out my current first grow. [emoji271] Mephisto; DP.

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/59051/

Yo, Little Farm on the Hill!

Hello.[emoji5]

How can I learn about the genetics of your stock breeding autos.

Is there a thread I missed?

Just curious....

Thanks brothers.

Forward Ever,
Backward, Never.

mg

Jah Strength
mg

All are invited to check out my current first grow. [emoji271] Mephisto; DP.

https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/59051/

Hi Mitch posted an answer around your question in the strainguide contributions thread:

Hey man,

The ones you list weren't cuttings, as they were the auto parents to the first generation of the Mephisto family,

Most were passed to me with little information around 2010 - 2012, with a bunch of other autos, so we trialled them all, the ones we liked we inbred for a few generations and then gave the basic breeding names for reference, as above to mate with our vast collection of photoperiod seeds and cuttings when we were able to do a big big grow out.

Since we were primarily looking to just pass on the 'auto gene' and through the generations always selecting the plants most akin to their photoperiod parents in traits, it didn't matter too much as long as the quality was there.

Everything (95%) of what we're doing now is breeding from the current Mephisto stock, using strains f4 and on as the auto donors to new photos,

I raided the seed stash recently to see if I could find some lost/untouched projects that were more sativa, (list in the projects thread) hence the original breeding names popped back up,

Od1 - as you say was what we coined orange diesel , a super fruity but gassy medium sized auto

Purple indica - as described had a range of different coloration combinations, but was always very squat and short but fast flowering

Ww1 - medium sized, white origins - white widow, White Russian, peppery skunky

Wc1 - medium to large, nice trichome production but half fruity/half skunky

OSS - large structure, slowerer to flower, made huge buds but pretty airy and a chore to trim but the big yield made it worthwhile.

At the time (7 years ago -ish) there weren't so many auto variants to choose from, but with making auto to auto hybrids and careful phenotype selection you could find some nice and interesting plants, just not super potent for the most part, hence our journey to inject some with fresh photo to auto projects.

Cheers Mitch

Back