Mephisto Genetics The Mephisto Genetics Project Thread!

I've a question about SOG. With a 4'x4' (1.21m x 1.21m ) space and 16 pots, which of your strains do you feel would work best in this scenario? What size pots? I was thinking 1-2 gallon pots.

I've tried several variations,
20-25 plants in 11/12 litre pots works very well.

if you only want 16 in there why skimp on pot size?

Any of the medium sized strains would work well, or larger ones with some training.

16 of the same strain topped make an easily manageable grow and if you then proceed to train the branches tying them to canes for example you can really eliminate pop-corn and make all your flowers really nice.

Walter White, triangle, chem city, Chemdogging, hbss, Toof decay, for example should work well.

Reactions: Rus
SAH - The story behind the Mephisto name, is because my handle has been Mitch Connor (a Southpark character) for several years now. Also in Southpark there is a character called Dr. Mephisto, who lives on a creepy mountain and does genetic work creating monkeys with 4 asses and suchlike.
So it is nothing to do with anything satanic :)

If you do not wish us to continue the Greencrack AF project work due to it's origin, (I don't know the story between you two) then it's a shame, as it looks promising, but I'm happy to discontinue it to appease you.

Basically, the first 3 months we were here in Spain, we did one run in a few tents, in which we feminised some SGS strains. However that's all we did.
And for reasons such as this situation.., ie past dealings with people where he was a dick, I wanted a fresh start to just do my work and my work alone. I do not want to be seen as guilty by association for things I never played a part in or even knew about.

I could have created a new handle etc, and never mentioned the Mitch Connor work, but on the other hand people who have ever dealt with me personally through the forums or otherwise would hopefully testify that i've always been decent and straight up.

If anyone is interested about how things are structured and the workings of Mephisto Genetics at present and in future, it is pretty much like this:

I do, The forum work, Photos, Graphics, Packaging design, Selection, Pollination, Reversing plants. Seed selection and packaging.
Tim does: The lions share of the building work, plant maintenance.
We share whatever tasks we can as 2 heads are better than one and two sets of hands make lighter work of things. So we come together for harvesting, de-seeding, processing etc.

Our rent and bills is covered by our associate J.B from The Seed Depot and we produce seeds and build spaces for his venture.

We aren't messing around out here though, we've basically changed our lives completely, gone a year+ without any pay, and worked very hard, because we love what we do.

I'm now doing my best to document our progress week to week for everyone to see, and I hope the community here especially and on other parts of the internet are enjoying reading it. If not then it's still satisfying for me and one day we can look back and say 'yeh we did this!'

Cheers, Mitch

That was an excellent and insightful post,laid out nicely and to the point, very good.

I had wondered how the Mephisto name had come about, referencing South Park will always get a thumbs up from me. :Cool bud:

One of the great things about Mephisto is the way you share your knowledge with us and always happy to help, good qualities to have.

That was an excellent and insightful post,laid out nicely and to the point, very good.

I had wondered how the Mephisto name had come about, referencing South Park will always get a thumbs up from me. :Cool bud:

One of the great things about Mephisto is the way you share your knowledge with us and always happy to help, good qualities to have.

Cool!
Wow that post must have been some time ago, we've been completely solo and self supported for about 14 months now, it was a bit hairy at first, but it was the best thing that could have happened to us, to take that extra step in to the unknown and having total control has made everything 1000x easier!

Hey guys, here's an update on the F1 projects run!, All strains are 28 days into 12/12, some strains have entered flower much quicker than others, they could have done with another couple of weeks to naturally reach sexual maturity, however all are looking great I think.

Here's Sour Crack x Grape Stomper OG - I would say one of the furthest ahead, especially the sour crack dominant plants.
These are a couple of my favourites, The first two photos from a Sour crack dominant phenotype - in bud structure, Extra extra lashings of frost, and they smell divine, sweet grape with a coffee undertone.. really moreish! High density.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418985-grapestompsc1-s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418986-grapestompsc2-s.jpg

Here's a more OG dominant phenotype, the split between phenotypes is pretty even. Also high in frost, perhaps a touch more intense grape aroma.
These are my candidates to pollinate. To be honest it was really a challenge deliberating on which of these to pick, I honestly could pick any and I'd be confident the offspring will be bomb!
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418987-grapestompsc3s.jpg

Next project to look at is going to be our hope for a high quality mould resistant outdoor auto, This is (Canadian crinkle x Flav grape X Ripleys OG)
Very fruity intense smell, delicious, and also loves to turn on the frost.

This girl was easy to pick out as she has double the frost levels of her sisters at this age, Also had a more favourable compact structure.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418983-crinklexal1s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418984-crinklexal2s.jpg

I'll be back with more updates soon!

Cool!
Wow that post must have been some time ago, we've been completely solo and self supported for about 14 months now, it was a bit hairy at first, but it was the best thing that could have happened to us, to take that extra step in to the unknown and having total control has made everything 1000x easier!

If that's the case ,I'm seriously impressed and more power to your elbow for taking that step.

I found that post by chance, but reading it makes me wanna go to the beginning and follow your adventure to the present.

Got to agree with you about the importance of autonomy, it sets you free to follow your own path to decide the hows & the how not's { also the whys & wherefores}.

I tip my hat to you :tiphat: I'm trying to read all the Mephisto threads to try and catch up, but the place is awash with them, you sir made people sit up and take notice, partly due to you fantastic breeding skills and partly by just keeping it real.

Something Grapey .. This is one I gonna have to try!

Are these gonna be 2016 or any chance before perhaps? lol

When are you gonna breed something with some frost? ;)

:drool::grat:

frost-warning-sign-vector-illustration-iluustrator-format-scalable-eps-available-48711670.jpg
Badge awarded XD

Next up!

We have; Northern Cheese Haze (Exodus cheese cut x NL/5 haze) x Fantasmo Express
One of the slower to begin flowering, she's similar to amnesia haze, a few weeks doing little then all of a sudden she changes gear.
The nch did take up to 12 weeks to finish, but the yield and quality is spectacular. So in my book worth those couple of extra weeks.
Slightly lemony tang is now creeping in and as you can see cola building and frost levels increasing, this here is a medium sized pheno and about 165cm, some of her stable mates have had to be topped and then supercropped as the reflector only has another 10-15cm left to go up.
mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418990-nchxgth2-s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418989-nchxgth1-s.jpg

Here is Karmas OG aka Bear OG x Triangle, For an OG it's a great yielder, hits hard, typical OG funk, one of my highest ranking OG's, responded really well to topping, bottom branches were clipped and now it's a really even bush, impressive bud density already, should look pretty delightful given more weeks to develop

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418991-bearogxtri1s.jpg

mephisto-albums-thread-pics-3-picture418992-bearogxtri2s.jpg

one more update to come then it's bedtime for me!

Back