Photography The Macro Thread

Hi again,

Perhaps i should have mentioned what went wrong, specifically, relatively to my "Plan-B" alone (thinking of the "Digital" part would ruin the rest of my day so lets ignore it!):

Esthetics
Finger traces left in the chrome finish of the "eyepiece" by solvant

Scratches on pod and tower

Major design flaws
Bringing images to focus is made frustrating by excessive "hystérésis"/"Back-Lash" in the knob

Insufficient focus range at the lowest resolution

Both portable and integrated lamps stop working by themselves

Inadequately formed slide holding springs

Light diffuser falls off too easily

I can only tell that no snapshot whatsoever will ever come out of it, in any case! A pocket microscope would have been more convenient under the circumstances.

:cry:

Ah, one last detail... Under the packaging box there's a label saying:
« WARNING: This product contains a chemical(s) known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. »
Lucky me, i don't live in the State of California!...

:peace:

alf#3 bud
IMGP3417.jpgIMGP3415.jpg

I can't believe it took all these years, but I just had my first spider mite attack (besides the red ones that never caused a problem with my outside grows). Luckily I had only a few test seedlings (now in the trash) and it appears the soil I used had eggs in it and was not sterilized, so I think I solved the source. Hopefully they aren't hiding anywhere else in the house, I'm worried they might be in the sun room with most of the house plants so I am going to do a scan tomorrow...
Nasty little fuckers....

spider mite.jpg

I so understand your problem with the little bastards. I threw out 40 plants into the garbage. webs on every one and I am soiless. I have no idea how they got in.

I can't believe it took all these years, but I just had my first spider mite attack (besides the red ones that never caused a problem with my outside grows). Luckily I had only a few test seedlings (now in the trash) and it appears the soil I used had eggs in it and was not sterilized, so I think I solved the source. Hopefully they aren't hiding anywhere else in the house, I'm worried they might be in the sun room with most of the house plants so I am going to do a scan tomorrow...
Nasty little fuckers....

View attachment 46089

Just go to Contact Us in the right hand corner

You will see the sample request highlighted in red

They do however want you to now pay for shipping costs which is 1.99

Still not a bad deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back