Well I messed up a huge group of babies, my gorilla glue being one of them. But for the she of fun I'm going to push her through... Day 9 today and not looking good.... But it happens! Owell!
IMG_20170216_232557667.jpg
IMG_20170216_232618323.jpg

Well I messed up a huge group of babies, my gorilla glue being one of them. But for the she of fun I'm going to push her through... Day 9 today and not looking good.... But it happens! Owell! View attachment 703101 View attachment 703102

It happens pete. In fact it's happened to me. Mine have had to go through an unexpected transplant and haven't been very happy. Hopefully they are growing more underground...

Mexican Airlines Day 5?
20170217_082934.jpg

GSC Day 5?
20170217_082927.jpg

Looks like I'm out of the competition. I made a rookie mistake and let my whole next crop (including the plant designated for this competition) go too dry.
IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG

They'd stunted and never recovered. They had not grown perceptibly in 10 days. I'd also lost a blueberry kush that germed and never grew at all after popping above ground - so I was down to 3 plants from the original 4. I destroyed the remaining plants and replanted another 2 each of green crack and bluberry kush (Fastbuds, Nirvanna) yesterday.

I suspect that the biggest issue (other than my absent-minded negligence) was the use of my custom soil in the tiny solo cups. The soil I make is a modified succulent soil. It drains and dries quickly. The soil seems to work well in large pots (3 gallon+). I used it for my second grow and the plants thrived in it. I created a new soil blend for raising transplants in small containers. It consists of 1 part sand, one part earthworm castings, 1 part mushroom compost and 1/2 part composted cow manure. It still drains well but not near as fast as the other soil. And it retains moisture longer. It works out to have an NPK of 0.75, 0.75, 0.75 so there is a bit of nourishment which is much lower in my coco based potting soil.

So, I'll just have to be content to watch you all and turn this into a learning experience.:frowny:

Back