Dutch Passion The CannaDrama Tabernacle: Take 2 with 7 x AU

Thanks for the kind words guys.........much appreciated.

I have had a revelation........exuberant supercropping +AU = bud rot.........what happens is that when supercropping the main stem repeatedly, the side shoots "merge" with the main cola, and the result is this
The CannaDrama Tabernacle  Take 2 with 7 x AU   Page 11   The AutoFlower Network.png

There was rot in the main cola, but only in that one, say the upper 10 cm or so had to be discarded. The density of the fused colas makes it nigh impossible to get in there and do a prying check........There was 2 fans aimed at this morass, and still......I'll have to rethink "The Way" of supercropping!

Anyways, the combined semi-dry weight for 4 plants was 2573 g, and these massive buds is taking their time to dry, another 2-3 days me thinks, and the dry score should be available.

In a previous post(#73) I asked @DutchPassionTony what the difference is between the Auto and photo Ultimate, and I got this reply from Tony and permission to post it

Hi Corgy and apologies for my tardy reply. I suspect that the original description on the Photoperiod version was too conservative, we have seen plenty of customers pushing 1-2m plants. But you are right, normally you would expect the auto to be shorter and smaller than the photoperiod. However, the auto genetics from the best breeders have really progressed much better than most people anticipated. And with 20-24 hours of daylight to use in bloom we are actually starting to see the auto genetics outgrow the photoperiod parents. I hope all that makes sense

unquote

So the world has come 360 degrees, or pretty close.......Auto's outgrowing their photo sisters........who would have thought it?

There was rot in the main cola, but only in that one, say the upper 10 cm or so had to be discarded. The density of the fused colas makes it nigh impossible to get in there and do a prying check........There was 2 fans aimed at this morass, and still......I'll have to rethink "The Way" of supercropping!

Anyways, the combined semi-dry weight for 4 plants was 2573 g, and these massive buds is taking their time to dry, another 2-3 days me thinks, and the dry score should be available.

Corgy, its hard to grow big buds and not get some budrot in the autumn. In the winter, you will most probably not see it. And then again it comes in late spring. And of course, checking these fat balls in almost impossible. You can check, yes, but you wont see anything.:nono:

You just kiss that 10g goodby and thats all.:crying:

But your grow is just fantastic, almost incredible.:worship:

Corgy, its hard to grow big buds and not get some budrot in the autumn. In the winter, you will most probably not see it. And then again it comes in late spring. And of course, checking these fat balls in almost impossible. You can check, yes, but you wont see anything.:nono:

You just kiss that 10g goodby and thats all.:crying:

But your grow is just fantastic, almost incredible.:worship:

Yeah, you're right, but I'll be damned if I help the rot along, Actinovate will be deployed for big busted ladies in the future on an experimental basis, and supercropping/training will be played like chess..... Think 20 moves ahead!

The best with this grow is not the size of the plants and yield, but the absolutely intoxicating smell of a perfectly ripe mango that starts wafting about when grinded, very addictive...... And It's a very decent smoke too IMHO.

I was only saying this to my photo growing friend the other day(While Showing him photos of my monster Durban ) that the new Autos under 20-24 hrs light in flower can out yield the photos. Autoflower network we have come a long way.

I remember reading back whenever I grew the Automazar that can be susceptible to bud rot late in flowering. I probably have the link saved somewhere (I have a feeling it was from a journal on DP's own site). The Auto-Ultimate is pretty much an improved Automazar by all accounts so perhaps it has also inherited this trait? Just a thought...

Cheers,
Hardon

Back