Lighting Terra's DP Blueberry + Think Different grow under GN HS1's

Hi Terra
Im looking forward to this. I have seen airdomes used by Hazy before but not like this.
Your practically doing the same thing as DWC without the water.
What kind of pump are you running? I run a Hiblow XP - 80 which would cover about 4-8 plants no problem.
Just one tip if you dont mind, is to make sure your pump dont go over the 20lpm per plant as this will blow apart the roots.

I tried something similar several years ago but instead of the air stones I had an air line splitter and 6 air lines forced into the holes at the sides of the Airpot at various heights, didn't notice any difference in growth if I'm honest.

:welcome:

It is the first time. I got the idea from @Corgy and his Autopots with Airdomes in them. I had an airpump and airstones laying around so thought I would give it a go and do a side by side grow.

I just grew this AU in a 22,5 L airpot with an airdome running at 6 LPM, soil was a mix of normal garden potting soil, 25 % coco and 25 % perlite.

CameraZOOM-20151026201057305.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151026201039746.jpg

Here's a link to a Paradise Seeds Vertigo grow with the same setup https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...eds-vertigo-22-5-l-airpot-with-airdome.47109/

Yeah i've used the airdomes too, will be curious to see what blowing air straight onto the roots will do. Good luck.

Cool. Did you use the airdomes in soil? What kind of pots did you have them in? Did you notice a difference?

I tried something similar several years ago but instead of the air stones I had an air line splitter and 6 air lines forced into the holes at the sides of the Airpot at various heights, didn't notice any difference in growth if I'm honest.

Allrighty, sounds like it was a fun experiment. Maybe injecting air is more usefull in normall pots that stay wet longer.

I just grew this AU in a 22,5 L airpot with an airdome running at 6 LPM, soil was a mix of normal garden potting soil, 25 % coco and 25 % perlite.

View attachment 506130

View attachment 506141
Here's a link to a Paradise Seeds Vertigo grow with the same setup https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...eds-vertigo-22-5-l-airpot-with-airdome.47109/

Yeah I followed that grow. Top notch growing!
How often did you water that beast?
When did you switch on the airpump? After a few weeks right?

Hi Terra
Im looking forward to this. I have seen airdomes used by Hazy before but not like this.
Your practically doing the same thing as DWC without the water.
What kind of pump are you running? I run a Hiblow XP - 80 which would cover about 4-8 plants no problem.
Just one tip if you dont mind, is to make sure your pump dont go over the 20lpm per plant as this will blow apart the roots.

Me too, join the club buddy. I was too cheap to buy an airdome because I had the airstones lying around anyway :D
My pump is a Hailea ACO-2204. It only does 2 x 2L/min so total of 4L/min in the pot. Thanks for the tip about the max airflow.

1447766786443.jpg
1447766825420.jpg

Yeah I followed that grow. Top notch growing!
How often did you water that beast?
When did you switch on the airpump? After a few weeks right?

When she got into full swing, from day 30 or so, it was about 5-7 liters every 2 days, but keep in mind I have the airpot on a rolling saucer that holds 2,5 Liter, and I would water slowly, a couple of times over 5-10 minutes until the saucer was full. With the airdome I have have no concern whatsoever of temporary standing water, and the 2,5 L in the saucer would be gone in some 12 hours or less.
Yeah, I switched on the airpump when she was 3 weeks old if I remember correctly. I was initially a little concerned about salt build up/toxicity due to the (anything but) higher evaporation from the medium, i.e. the plant couldn't use up the nutes fast enough and some elements might accumulate, but that didn't seem to happen with both the Vertigo and the AU.

When she got into full swing, from day 30 or so, it was about 5-7 liters every 2 days, but keep in mind I have the airpot on a rolling saucer that holds 2,5 Liter, and I would water slowly, a couple of times over 5-10 minutes until the saucer was full. With the airdome I have have no concern whatsoever of temporary standing water, and the 2,5 L in the saucer would be gone in some 12 hours or less.
Yeah, I switched on the airpump when she was 3 weeks old if I remember correctly. I was initially a little concerned about salt build up/toxicity due to the (anything but) higher evaporation from the medium, i.e. the plant couldn't use up the nutes fast enough and some elements might accumulate, but that didn't seem to happen with both the Vertigo and the AU.

Sounds good. Now I'm getting excited to turn it on the pump. I just need to figure out how to quiten it. It produces <40dB :eek1:

Search Youtube for "silence air pump"........there is quite a few innovative solutions.....some saner than other....lol!

Damned things those airpump, I have quite a few, one kind I have 7 and the difference in sound level is quite baffling!!!

For the fish tanks in the living rooms I use TetraTec APS pumps, and they are very silent.....plus they have a satisfying futuristic look.....lol

Tetra APS.jpg

Back