USA Only *Tent Fires* Pinky Tuscadero Auto * Test Thread *

Nice looking babies @Proph! Do you often plant several plants in a single pot or just experimenting? If you do it often is there a reason? Just curious
I try to grow multiples every time.. Unless it's a one gal pot or something.. Then just one.. 95% of the time its multiples. My preferred mindset is organic.. I try to mimic nature as much as I can. In nature, nothing grows alone. Roots communicate with each other and exchange needed nutrients, the soil has many more waterways and less "pockets", the plants compete for dominance.. There are so many benefits to adding cover crops and growing more than one plant in a pot. When I think back, I feel bad for the plants that I grew without cover crop and without another plant.

Science is just scratching the surface on root intelligence. But cannabis roots can tell if other cannabis plants are near by and can tell if cannabis had been previously grown in the soil. They can tell each other if they need something.. Kinda like the card game go fish.. If one plant needs a little N, the roots can ask the other plant if they have any N to spare.. If so, it's released into the biosphere.. If not, the roots keep moving and find that needed N in another area of the soil. But yeah, I do it because that's how nature does it, lol.

I try to grow multiples every time.. Unless it's a one gal pot or something.. Then just one.. 95% of the time its multiples. My preferred mindset is organic.. I try to mimic nature as much as I can. In nature, nothing grows alone. Roots communicate with each other and exchange needed nutrients, the soil has many more waterways and less "pockets", the plants compete for dominance.. There are so many benefits to adding cover crops and growing more than one plant in a pot. When I think back, I feel bad for the plants that I grew without cover crop and without another plant.

Science is just scratching the surface on root intelligence. But cannabis roots can tell if other cannabis plants are near by and can tell if cannabis had been previously grown in the soil. They can tell each other if they need something.. Kinda like the card game go fish.. If one plant needs a little N, the roots can ask the other plant if they have any N to spare.. If so, it's released into the biosphere.. If not, the roots keep moving and find that needed N in another area of the soil. But yeah, I do it because that's how nature does it, lol.
Interesting. thanks for taking the time to explain. What do you mean by the term "cover crops" though? You lost me there. Never heard that term before until now.

Interesting. thanks for taking the time to explain. What do you mean by the term "cover crops" though? You lost me there. Never heard that term before until now.
Cover crop is all the green stuff you see growing at the bottom.. It's a blend of different "crops" that "cover" and protect the soil.. Clovers, flax, vetch, lentils, buckwheat, etc.. They all have different benefits.. Some are ph fixers, some are Nitrogen fixers, some are insect repellents.. But in general, cover crop keeps the soil from compacting, it increases moisture and improves the ability of the soil to hold nutrients. I water much less than I do without having a cover crop. When it gets too tall I cut it down and spread it around the pot.. As it decomposes, the cut down cover crop release nutrients into the soil.. The decomposed cover crop is the brown stuff you can see at the bottom of the pot. This grow style is called "no till".. Where you don't disturb the soil... Just chop and plant new seeds.

Cover crop is all the green stuff you see growing at the bottom.. It's a blend of different "crops" that "cover" and protect the soil.. Clovers, flax, vetch, lentils, buckwheat, etc.. They all have different benefits.. Some are ph fixers, some are Nitrogen fixers, some are insect repellents.. But in general, cover crop keeps the soil from compacting, it increases moisture and improves the ability of the soil to hold nutrients. I water much less than I do without having a cover crop. When it gets too tall I cut it down and spread it around the pot.. As it decomposes, the cut down cover crop release nutrients into the soil.. The decomposed cover crop is the brown stuff you can see at the bottom of the pot. This grow style is called "no till".. Where you don't disturb the soil... Just chop and plant new seeds.
Oh cool. Thanks. I didnt know that. I'm trying to learn organics for my 1st outdoor grow, gonna do autos since I live in upper michigan I got a short growing season here. Good to know. Thanks Proph! I'm not very knowledgeable in organics quite yet. But I plan to get there. Started in hydro then jumped to soil and now trying coco coir as you seen around. I like learning all the methods so I can become the best grower I can be. Once I learn organics I'll choose from all the methods mentioned what I want to stick with. I like to keep it simple as can be tho. So I'm trying to learn some "kiss" methods of organics.

Day30
Moved into the tent and am thrilled that with 4 cobs burning, the temp has stayed with the room temp of 78f - 69F. the swing is due to a cold front moving in without the heater on. The 78 is with.
Humidity ranged between 54% and 60% now while it rains.

Pinky T #1 has stretched and passed #2 by about an inch.
full

full

Pinky T #1 has started to show color. It didn't photograph well with my setting but the base of the sugar leaves are almost black.
full

full

:smokeout:
:toke:

Day30
Moved into the tent and am thrilled that with 4 cobs burning, the temp has stayed with the room temp of 78f - 69F. the swing is due to a cold front moving in without the heater on. The 78 is with.
Humidity ranged between 54% and 60% now while it rains.

Pinky T #1 has stretched and passed #2 by about an inch.
full

full

Pinky T #1 has started to show color. It didn't photograph well with my setting but the base of the sugar leaves are almost black.
full

full

:smokeout:
:toke:
First to get color and to hit flower! Awesome! Looks like you've got one of each pheno, but it's still early, lol.. So far, the purple phenos have had the stacked main cola with shorter side branching, and yield well.. The pink phenos tend to branch out into perfect Christmas tree shapes, with less stacking, with solid yield. Looking good!!

My 2 older gals are starting to hit their stride! The growth is noticeable daily now.. They are both looking like the pink phenos. To early to tell for the younger one. The 2 older plants are perfect examples of the side branching trait that was selected while breeding. I've never topped any of the plants from this cross, so if someone wants to give it a go that'd be cool to see! Hope your grow a are going well!
20210217_202934~2.jpg
20210217_203003~2.jpg
20210217_203040~2.jpg
20210217_203015~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20210217_202934~2.jpg
    20210217_202934~2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • cb86820a9d6c537bdf33e457cc7d8e7b.mp4
    1.5 MB
  • 20210217_203040~2.jpg
    20210217_203040~2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
First to get color and to hit flower! Awesome! Looks like you've got one of each pheno, but it's still early, lol.. So far, the purple phenos have had the stacked main cola with shorter side branching, and yield well.. The pink phenos tend to branch out into perfect Christmas tree shapes, with less stacking, with solid yield. Looking good!!

I looked at those short side branches and wondered if some LST would draw them out. Too late now.
:pass:

I looked at those short side branches and wondered if some LST would draw them out. Too late now.
:pass:
If it stays course, those shorter side branches will basically connect with the buds on the main stem as it fills out. Hopefully she gets nice and fat in the next 40 days or so!

Back