DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

do you have a speed controller for the exhaust ? it helped me dial in my temps. and damn that cab is looking sweet

The Max Fan has three speeds. Right now I have it set a #1. Giving me good negative pressure. The cabinet is still not totally stealth. This is going to be my next project. I have a few ideas that I've collected in my travels. I am totally obsessed with this grow cabinet. This will be a self contained grow box. The grow armoire is going to be called The Rhyceland II Stealth Armoire. In honor of Rhyce Saroni's Rhyceland grows.

Setting up the front doors light block. I had a Panda Film sheet Velcro to the front. Worked okay for a light block, but was a pain to undo. It also sealed the front air tight that brought the temps up a bit. I need to have better air supplying the grow area. This new plan should be able to do it.

f659fae873aefd9fca85dd8805b8e27d.jpg
2080a779b65df5454561b9b4fded7991.jpg

Two 90 degrees strips of wood on the top and bottom. This will help block light leaking out.

Left door with Panda Film. The film is very slippery. Door is a bit wrinkled. Stuff is tough to get straight. Used double sided tape to stick the Panda Film on.
2521a574906627bc7a56aea273297823.jpg

8a3d4a16650412e49cc6e9ba2abaaeeb.jpg

Right door is finished.

Putting a door latch on the French doors. To keep them closed. Onward to the Hardware store.

Last edited:
Nice work BayLee ... :joy:

Thanks Chester. The Rhyceland II Stealth Armoire is done. There are slight light leaks, but no real issue. It's 99% done. Need to get the back intake light proofed better. It's as bright as a night light. No worried. The big deal was the front doors to open and close as normal. That's been accomplished.

e5ab0077669b40e25f748a95c7b649ed.jpg
a26c5d22f4b6604287c4d9348057b063.jpg

How much grow height will you have? That's an amazing job man!!
I'll have just under three feet or one meter. Plenty of space.

Real happy with this new grow armoire. I am not really micro growing anymore. The set up is so easy to take care of my girls.

I hope I inspired someone to take an old TV armoire and turn it into a very nice grow spaces.

That's awesome! More space than I guessed...

Actually to be safe. The max height is 24" to 30". With space for another two plants under the main lighting. Off to the right of the cabinet it's not as bright. Should be able to get a few girls started and then as they mature. Slide them over to the brighter side. There is plenty of room for my needs.

Back