Photoperiod Tales of Local Strains

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Most growers sooner or later hear of local strains, ones that have been grown locally for years. They all have a story. I've been posting about Ducksfoot and those threads contain a pretty good story themselves. So I'd like to see this section kick off by people posting tales and truth about strains local to them ( with no location disclosure of course ).

I've run into a local strain called Red Bud. I'll look into the folklore on this and post about it here.

So give us your tales!

Very interesting topic and I can think of quite a few in my lil Oregon area ,but what excites me the most is the old school hash plants ,and the skelly hp pacific northwest hash plant is in my opinion one of the best ,much stronger narco affect over any kush flavor like skunkgani,strong billows of smoke off of small hits instant body relief and a nice old school hash after taste ,very expansive yet smooth and not like other hash plants sensi put out or any of the other breeders hp a true hp pure indica not sure exactly but I have heard 70s afghani landrace hippie seed stock ,at this point the 89skelly is only in clone form and has been in clone form since I've known early to late 90s many folks claim they got the skelly but it turns out to be hp 13not even close the same the hp13 has got some sort if sativa influence and stretchs in flowering the skelly holds it's size no sativa.

I'm still trying to figure out the mystery that is ducksfoot, I did first believe it was found by some hikers in the snowy mountains, but I've heard/read so many stories I just honestly don't know what to believe anymore, id like to hear from the man himself Wally and get his take on the legendary tale of ducksfoot, what's your opinion @pop22 ??

I believe Wally crossed a landrace Ducksfoot with another sativa, then bred it back to mostly Ducksfoot. I believe the duck I just found and bought are Wally's or similar. I also believe the ducksfoot I found local is the real deal, there are structural differences I need to document, but the leaves are obviously different. It is however, my belief that pure Ducksfoot is a true Australian landrace and as much of a throwback as all the native life there! Duck may be one of the original landrace strains. Maybe I need to start a gofundme campaign to have it genetically tested!

I'm still trying to figure out the mystery that is ducksfoot, I did first believe it was found by some hikers in the snowy mountains, but I've heard/read so many stories I just honestly don't know what to believe anymore, id like to hear from the man himself Wally and get his take on the legendary tale of ducksfoot, what's your opinion @pop22 ??

I found out recently that California may have an wild autoflower .

A couple days ago I was talking a good friend and he had said if I want to smoke some weed . Of couse . Anyways this weed was some seedy "mids" that's smelled kinda like sour/haze . After we smoked it he told me that him and a couple of his pals found a ditch filled with these weed plants and they snatched up as much as they could hold and ran away . I was thinking about getting some seeds from him . Could this be an California autoflower.

Now that would be interesting! A lot of " so so " weed is that way because of growing conditions. Raised right, they may well surprise you!

And I'm growing seeds from some bud given to me to make meds for a cancer patient with. So I call it Mystery Weed lol! Got a couple growing in the greenhouse.

I found out recently that California may have an wild autoflower .

A couple days ago I was talking a good friend and he had said if I want to smoke some weed . Of couse . Anyways this weed was some seedy "mids" that's smelled kinda like sour/haze . After we smoked it he told me that him and a couple of his pals found a ditch filled with these weed plants and they snatched up as much as they could hold and ran away . I was thinking about getting some seeds from him . Could this be an California autoflower.

Now that would be interesting! A lot of " so so " weed is that way because of growing conditions. Raised right, they may well surprise you!

And I'm growing seeds from some bud given to me to make meds for a cancer patient with. So I call it Mystery Weed lol! Got a couple growing in the greenhouse.
I aqcuired some beans of this potential auto I pulled seeds from what I believe to be 3 phenos . Some from the m lol lemony weed some from the haze/spicey weed and some from a more citrusy scent

I'm probably gonna pop some under 20/4 hours light cycle and see if they auto.
Man I hope they auto

Back