New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

Day 42 - Sour Stomper
20211129_123957.jpg

She also seems to be really enjoying the new light!

Day 40 - 3BOG
20211129_124038.jpg

Bedroom was getting a little unbearably warm trying to get the heat up/humidity down in the big tent last night, so I made the stupid move of putting the heater in the tent. Thought the fan would push the heat up and away from the plants but I was wrong, and of course this girl took the brunt of the direct heat. Took of the super brown toasted bits, and hopefully she will recover alright. Eventually realized the room was staying too humid since the central air hasn't been running at all. The intake is right outside our bedroom door so opening that and turning on the fan for the central air seems to have fixed the issue. Heater was only in there for like an hour but it was plenty long enough to do quite a bit of damage. Oh well, live and learn. Considering this girl was destined for the trash I'm not too stressed about it lol. Looks like she may be starting to stretch some, so thats exciting!

Day 20 - WMD
20211129_124158.jpg
20211129_124254.jpg

These two continue to impress! The 5gal girl is chugging along quite happily, while the 1gal girl does seem to be showing an onset of N toxicity. Current plan is to re run the grow dots with the WTF in the same sized pots, but I will only be doing a standard top at the 4th for both of them. I think that will help me to pinpoint if it is a matter of the GD not scaling down to 1gal well or if its the training causing the N excess.

@AutoBobje does this look ok for flowering? I think I'm right where I should be now but just want to double check

View attachment 1392025
If you take the average. You're in the goldilocks zone, but you do have a large swing in both temperature and humidity. If I interpreted the log correctly Temperature drops/humidity rises when the lights go out. Right?
If it where me, I'd try to get those values more stable, closer together. I know this can be difficult especially as the temp drops the humidity rises...
In flower I would prioritize humidity as mold will become a problem.

@AutoBobje think I'm at a fairly happy medium for veg now too, hoping the dip in temp isn't going to be an issue.

View attachment 1392047View attachment 1392048
Same answer as before, but here I would prioritize temperature. If you can keep it between 24-27°C/ 75-80°F your humidity should be between 60-70% which is where it's at until the temperature rises again and you probably water the plants, that's why it spikes so suddenly.

Now to find the balance is a hard thing to do. And probably only feasible if you can control the light intensity (dimmer switch light(s), the temperature of the lung room and the humidity. To make it even more difficult there's two parts to this conundrum, both intake = starting humidity and exhaust = the part that lowers your humidity have to be taken into account. Let's ignore the first one for now and concentrate at the exhaust. If you vent the tent to long the temperature will also drop, but if you exhaust to short, then humidity will spike again within 15min of doing it.

What we (funny that you're asking these questions as I'm researching it myself the last couple of days) need to have is a system that controls this automatically, so one doesn't need to set camp near or in the growtent :biggrin:

You know that I've got my temperature/humidity logger which connects via a local Blynk server to my smartphone. Well I'm currently busy (thinking and ordering actually) in creating a second device which turns on the fan if humidity goes above a certain point.
If @Marshydro would be willing to provide the pinouts for the CH1/CH2 connectors on the dimmerbox (that way I don't need to screw that thing open) I could make another device which controls the wattage of the light. Giving me a dual input/output and this will probably allow me to keep all values within the right VPD sweet spot for each of the lifecycles of our ladies. And which could all be monitored from the comfort of your smartphone...

Off course I would make all this information publicly available and open-source so that as many of us can benefit from it. (if it works off course :) )
Don't ask me how much such a configuration would cost, but I bet it would be a lot cheaper then any commercial product.

Here's where I'm sitting for the day
Screenshot_20211129-213644_Govee Home.jpg
Screenshot_20211129-213900_Govee Home.jpg

I think I should be able to bring the overnight temps up by running the heater once the lights go out, I'll have to babysit it tonight to find a happy medium. Ignore the huge humidity spiked on the 4x4, I didn't realize the meter had fallen over in the pot and I was watering it instead of the soil when I fed earlier lmao. I do think I need to reposition my meters though, I've had them sitting on the soil in the pots all along since the adhesive on them gave up the ghost almost immediately, but I set the one in the 4x4 in the crook of one of the Lemon Drop's branch splits and the humidity dropped pretty drastically just from that.

Side note, just ordered the BAS take and bake kit, so that should be a fun experience. Need to get a 100gal tub for it cause God knows if I leave an open 100gal pot full of soil sitting out somewhere the dogs would have a field day with digging in it and throwing it everywhere :rofl:

Running the central fan does seem to have helped with the overall humidity though, so I think with that and running the heater once the lights go out we should be able to get in a better range.

Here's where I'm sitting for the day
View attachment 1392148View attachment 1392149

I think I should be able to bring the overnight temps up by running the heater once the lights go out, I'll have to babysit it tonight to find a happy medium. Ignore the huge humidity spiked on the 4x4, I didn't realize the meter had fallen over in the pot and I was watering it instead of the soil when I fed earlier lmao. I do think I need to reposition my meters though, I've had them sitting on the soil in the pots all along since the adhesive on them gave up the ghost almost immediately, but I set the one in the 4x4 in the crook of one of the Lemon Drop's branch splits and the humidity dropped pretty drastically just from that.
I hang my temp/humidity probe at leaf height.

Running the central fan does seem to have helped with the overall humidity though, so I think with that and running the heater once the lights go out we should be able to get in a better range.
You are growing auto's are you not? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper to keep the lights on 24/0 in stead of using a heater? Damn, so much variables to be accounted for. In my greenhouse everything is much simpler. I can't control chit in there, so I go with the flow. Now all of a sudden I'm a (small) indoor grower and all those variables become controllable and I want to master them...

Things are looking great. Keep it up and you will have another full time job.:pass:
Pretty sure I'm to overtime at this point. 90% of my day is cannabis related. If not taking care of them its researching or shopping for various stuff or editing these damn time lapse videos :rofl:

Back