New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

View attachment 1383783

This girl is a real brat lol. Just a reminder of what she looked like last night when I was going to bed...
View attachment 1383784

Kinda feels like she's laughing at me for tying her down :rofl:
That is a nice tie down. Mind me asking what gage that green wire is you are using? I think mine is too stiff - every time I try and do something like that pic I end up breaking something.

That is a nice tie down. Mind me asking what gage that green wire is you are using? I think mine is too stiff - every time I try and do something like that pic I end up breaking something.
Its just the regular kind. Lemme grab the link lol. The key to minimizing snapping is to do your bending when they are thirsty and before lights on if possible, as that is when turgidity is at its lowest. If you've got a drill bit set, you can pull those out to gage but I like to bend when they're between 9/64 and 11/64 as its strong enough not to snap immediately but not so thick that you have to push hard and end up snapping lol. Definitely a matter of finding balance. If you're struggling with it, go outside and practice on a bush or something with a similar diameter so you can kind of figure out how much pressure you need to be applying.

Decoroca Garden Flexible Wire Tie, Tie Soft Twist Plant Ties 65.6' - Green Support Plant Vines, Stems & Stalks Amazon product

11/2
20211102_112740.jpg

Day 15 - Sour Stomper
20211102_113105.jpg

I *think* shes finally starting to perk back up after her post transplant hissy fit. Definitely will be starting in their final pots from now on, unless I absolutely have to due to space reasons or something. If I do, it most definitely won't be in 1gal pots again, as the roots were just barely to the edges of the pot and I lost a good bit of root mass when the soil broke all apart. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Day 13 - 3BOG
20211102_113127.jpg

Still looking less than happy. She was extra droopy last night and her pot seemed pretty dry so I went ahead and watered with some yucca as I think I was having some issues with the soil being hydrophobic. She doesn't really look any better today but I'm still hoping she will perk back up. Ignore the wonky temp/humidity, apparently my lights didn't turn on this morning when they were supposed to. Timer was off by 2.5 hours and it looked like the power strip the lights are on came unplugged from the timer. Definitely no more transplants for me if I can help it, too much stress for everyone.

Back