New Grower Suggestion/opinion On First Grow

It's a Geranium ... no wait,... a corncockle >.< *hides*

Funny leaves for a canna plant no?? ^_^

:D

Well that was an interesting plan. But to have a clearer vision, see the below:

M1RJ37.jpg

So, in order to hide my lady more I was trying to place as many plants as possible near her, but that small little lady (I have no idea what's that to be honest) did not grow a single cm so she is not hiding the big lady :) So that plan failed :))
She outgrow every other plant, but still, better then if she would be alone there.

Hi Mental :D Welcome to AFN!

Be careful! :smokeit: ... they get VERY smelly in full flower (you'll get there soon)

Good luck - stay safe!

:pass: :vibe:

Hmm yea..That is my issue now.

Currently it has no smell, well it has, but you can smell it only if you are very close to the plant (30-50 cm).

The problem is that I'm living in a flat and I have neighbors..

I was a bit stupid and did not think of the odor issue when I started the whole thing.

If it would stink my room a bit, that would not be a problem because I'm a daily smoker, so my room stinks anyway...but if it will stink the whole apartment, I have no idea what will I do...

As you can see, the plant is at the outdoor site of the windowsill, so neighbors can smell it..

It is obvious that I can not use a carbon filter (maybe I'm wrong?). So I was thinking that an ONA gel/block is my only option, however I'm not sure that's enough..

Any recommendation? :(

Yeah, it's a risky business when you can't use a carbon filter.
If you're not sleeping in the room - you could try an ozone generator

http://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filters-environment/plug-in-ozone-generator.html

I've heard they can be abd for your health if you're in the room with them permanently, but don't know the full details or whether it's mythand rumour.
Best to look into it first!

Hope this helps

Blue ^_^

:d5:

Hmm...

Unfortunately I'm sleeping in that room, even more, staying in that room 12 hours/day at least. Secondly, to be honest that generator does not fit into my budget..If I would have the budget, I would have a grow tent already :(

All I can do is ..hoping..that she won't have that strong smell.

Or that ONA gel/block can save me, but I'm reading biased results for that.

Looks like a nice part of the world! :D

Hopefully people will mind their own business and you can get this one done and then work on getting the bits you need for a more "stealthy" grow.
The end goal being to safely grow with no smell and little power consumption to get great results.

Good luck with it! :d5:

All I can do is ..hoping..that she won't have that strong smell.

Or that ONA gel/block can save me, but I'm reading biased results for that.

It can't hurt - as it's cheap. But my experience was that it only masks the smell with something stonger (a bit suspicious in my opnion) and doesn't kill the smell.

As i say - (maybe) better than nothing! :D

Yeah, it's a risky business when you can't use a carbon filter.
If you're not sleeping in the room - you could try an ozone generator

http://www.growell.co.uk/fans-filters-environment/plug-in-ozone-generator.html

I've heard they can be bad for your health if you're in the room with them permanently, but don't know the full details or whether it's myth and rumour.
Best to look into it first!

Hope this helps

Blue ^_^

:d5:
I agree it's very risky not using carbon filter, even if you were 100% legal grower the idea to remove all odors to not attract attention should be an extremely important focus, sometimes putting off grow until your able provide a way to scrub the air is much better option. Think about it this way, if it does smell to the high heavens what is gonna be your plan? you need to have one, it's certainly not worth the risk if someone smells it and either A.) rips ya off. B.) someone makes call to law that they smell something coming from your place. ALWAYS play it safe... do not take unnecessary risks.

BTW, just so you know ona gel WILL NOT remove them odors. I hope you trust me when I say that, I am using 6" scrubber (new even) plus 3 jars ona gel and can still smell. I hope that gives ya an idea, how out of control odors can become at times and with certain strains.

Back