STS Journal

hi Proph! are you usually using all your solution or keep some? Looking at what I have stored, I think the silver can turn things black when there are some impurities and non distilled water is used. My Silver solution is clear, and so is my Sodium, but I have a char where I dump old water or after rinsing and that solution is dark brown, like watered down coffee.
I only make enough to fill a 1 oz spray bottle. I dont store excess. You can, but Im no chemist so I dispose of anything left over. It is advised in every sts guide I've ever read to use RO water. That's all I've ever used. When dealing with dangerous and toxic chemicals I make a point to follow the directions to the letter. Nothing should turn black. Im not sure what you mean by "dumping old water" or "rinsing". I just want to be clear that when making fresh sts spray, the final mixture should not turn black or any other color. If it does, something went wrong and I would immediately dump that mixture. Sts or the separate parts of A and B stored for long periods may change color.. But that's not a good sign.

Yeah your are right. When you mix it for application it's all clear. My point was that I rinse my syringe before and after find into each solution and I have a rinse jar where I drop my waste product, meaning the water I rinsed with.

That rinse jar turns black, but not part a, b, or the final solution. Although I believe if the final solution gets stored for long, it might pickup some contaminants which might cause discoloration.

Yeah your are right. When you mix it for application it's all clear. My point was that I rinse my syringe before and after find into each solution and I have a rinse jar where I drop my waste product, meaning the water I rinsed with.

That rinse jar turns black, but not part a, b, or the final solution. Although I believe if the final solution gets stored for long, it might pickup some contaminants which might cause discoloration.
That's the left over silver in your rinse water oxidizing, turning black. If it does this in any silver solution, it means it's going bad.

@Proph
I read every page of this thread. Thank you very much for sharing your journey!

I sprayed every day for a week. Then I stop for 2 weeks until I see pollen sacs. Then I spray one more time. Ive seen too many people who sprayed until they saw sacs, then stop spraying, and end up with sacs, but no pollen. It's just and extra insurance policy I like to use.
Thats exactly what happened to me, I read to quit spraying as soon as I saw sacks, and I never could find, or recieve an answer to what went wrong until I saw your journal.
I thought it was a genetic thing.
I even made a video of the whole experience.
Man was I disappointed. I've had this same plant from clone since 2012. I'm ready to make some seeds from her, and let her go to rest :)
Im starting autoflowers for the first time ever, instead of photos, but I dont want to lose her.

Last edited:
Thats exactly what happened to me, I read to quit spraying as soon as I saw sacks, and I never could find, or recieve an answer to what went wrong until I saw your journal.
I thought it was a genetic thing.
I even made a video of the whole experience.
Man was I disappointed. I've had this same plant from clone since 2012. I'm ready to make some seeds from her, and let her go to rest :)
Im starting autoflowers for the first time ever, instead of photos, but I dont want to lose her.

i sprayed once a week for three weeks, that seemed to do the trick for me.
I had tried it last year and sprayed once a day for two weeks or so and it almost killed the plant and the sacs were empty.
I guess there are different approaches, plus we might be making mistakes in our mixture.

Bonus for me was that my reversed female (now male) actually pushed out some buds and seeds anyways so that was awesome!

I have some clones coming up that I will try this with again

Thank you for your advanced solutionsMix with distilled water twice to form a black liquid, 7 days after spraying, flower sacs are currently growing

[QUOTE =“ karlkutta,帖子:2333970,成員:43771”]
我的通常會變黑一些,但實際上您應該只混合一次使用的東西,然後丟棄其餘的東西。
我通常只混合總共20毫升才能噴灑一些小植物。您不需要太多,只需要每週一次,連續3週即可。
[/引用]
謝謝Thanks for the guidance

[QUOTE =“ Proph,文章:2334025,成員:36247”]
什麼都不會變黑。最終的sts液體溶液應該像水一樣透明。我從來沒有任何混合變黑。
[/引用]
Thanks for the explanation

Hi! Is it close to maturity?

Attachments

• 20201010_220224.jpg