Stonergenuity - share your stonergenuity here!

The ultimate Ghetto Greenhouse dome.

Since seedlings need more moisture....

IMG_20220227_182516__01.jpg

Last edited:
Mother in DIY micro SIP. 1 gallon reservoir and maybe half gallon of coco/perlite.
20220112_171906.jpg

20220112_171854.jpg

Another micro SIP design. 2 gallon bucket, 10 inch saucer, plastic corrugated tree trunk wrap, pvc pipe and a white nursery grow bag.
20211130_162428.jpg

20220112_172245.jpg

Micro SIP again. The 1 gallon grow bag over a 1 gallon plastic pale. Plastic tree trunk wrap serves as the wicking column. (Paint the res black)
20211230_133156.jpg
20211230_133210.jpg

20211230_133220.jpg

20220223_204138.jpg

SIP Tote. All it takes is a couple $6 totes, some pvc and a recycled plastic container. Fill top with potting mix (sunshine mix #4), fill the res with nutrient solution once a week.
Sub Irrigation Planter Tote.png

Screenshot_20220630-234315_Wyze.jpg

Attachments

• 20211130_162432.jpg
    20211130_162432.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Here's my IKEA start cabinet. I use it for seedlings, a sick bay, etc. So far I've failed with autoflowers in there (stunted), but ready to give it another go. My humidity is often very low (or fluctuates wildly), so need to solve that issue. The yellow cup with washcloth is a failed attempt to help it.
20230210_135025.jpg
20230210_135040.jpg

Man, what a pain to find this thread again! :funny: :funny: :funny:

Okay! This thought came to me while playing with a little bit of trim making some dry sift in my trim bin before I trim up a girl and put her in the freezer. So I'm sitting there shaking this stuff almost like vibrating it.

And then the 70s came back in a flash!
e084406867db1f3a9441abf784401fef.jpg

I don't even know if this device still exists.

In high school I was an apprentice printer. I operated a offset printing press and did all sorts of printing. There was one device that I used every single day and it was called a jogger. After printing something, you either had to put it back in the press for another color or package your product up. This means you would take a ream of paper, 500 sheets, and put them on this jogger to get all the papers lined up. All it was was a large flat top that vibrated. You loosely held it together Inlet the table do most of the work.

If I had one of those today I would probably do a bit more dry shift! It would be absolutely perfect for this purpose! I haven't even looked online if anything exists like that to this day.

Maybe by chance someone might get to use this for that purpose. I think it would knock it out of the park

Edit................... I bet this would work!

Amazon product

Okay! This thought came to me while playing with a little bit of trim making some dry sift in my trim bin before I trim up a girl and put her in the freezer. So I'm sitting there shaking this stuff almost like vibrating it.

In high school I was an apprentice printer. I operated a offset printing press and did all sorts of printing. There was one device that I used every single day and it was called a jogger. After printing something, you either had to put it back in the press for another color or package your product up. This means you would take a ream of paper, 500 sheets, and put them on this jogger to get all the papers lined up. All it was was a large flat top that vibrated. You loosely held it together Inlet the table do most of the work.

If I had one of those today I would probably do a bit more dry shift! It would be absolutely perfect for this purpose! I haven't even looked online if anything exists like that to this day.

Maybe by chance someone might get to use this for that purpose. I think it would knock it out of the park

Amazon product

Hey, what about an oscillating palm sander… without the sandpaper. It’s either a rubber pad or like Velcro. Just hold it on the side of your frame? Maybe it would work…

Hey, what about an oscillating palm sander… without the sandpaper. It’s either a rubber pad or like Velcro. Just hold it on the side of your frame? Maybe it would work…
I could see where I could set something up that that Could work.

Amazon product

For those doing dry sifting, the vibrators sold for female use can work well when applied directly to the screen, making everything jump up and down as rapidly as it's vibrating. A lot more power is needed to vibrate the whole screening box vs. the screen. Even cheap egg-type vibrators dropped on or pressed to the screen can work well, very much speeding up sifting.

Back