Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

Dude if you used the stimulant at quarter strength, you'll be grand. Sit back and wait four or five days and she'll be ready for another feed.

I promise I won't kill your plants :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Hardon
he used full strength stimulant without geramantion of the seed, you should use root stimulant after 2 sets of leafs or so not while the seed in germinating

Nice pics dwc :thumbsup: However I cannot disagree more with the advice regarding nutes....

How does it make any logical sense to deny a seedling the very nutrients and support it needs to grow??? :confused1:

I see the standard 'no nutes for two weeks' answer all that time and can't believe this nonsense is still spouted as the gospel. I've always started nutes from the first feed at quarter strength, doubling the dose at each feed until full strength and never had any issues, just big plants :biggrin:

Think about it.... The key to a big plant is big roots - Agree? The first week is survival mode when the seedling is putting almost all it's energy into root production. That's why most autos (and PP plants too) don't really do a whole lot for the first week / ten days. All the action is happening underneath the soil. So what sense does it make to not encourage and support this process as much as possible?

Root stimulants like Root Juice and Superthrive both force the roots to grow and support the growing process. Therefore I consider it's use vital from the first feed. Adding a quarter strength dose of grow nutrients to the first feed enriches the soil with nitrogen and helps give the growth up top an early boost!

During the second week, the seedling splits it's energy between growing roots and the action up top. This is when most people start to see some growth. This process needs to be supported with the addition of some grow nutrients and a root stimulant. Usually by the end of this week, you will have fed the plant three times and be up to full strength nutes.

After week two, I would consider using the root stimulant at every other feed until you see the root tails appear at the bottom of the pot. I've never grown in a 20 litre pot but I imagine with the use of the stimulant, this will happen at some stage during week three. Autos tend to respond to the root tails hitting air or curling in the pot by diverting most of it's energy back up top so using a stimulant after this point is counter productive. The plant will show sex soon after this and the root growth will slow down to a crawl. All the action moves up top and plant starts to put the massive root network you've helped create into full use :thumbsup:

Since we're posting photos, here is my current lot at day 12/13 - 400w MH Cooltube @ 8 inches from tops....

full

They were fed at day 3, day 8 and day 13 (today). This was their first feed at full strength nutes so I'm expecting them to put on some serious size over the weekend :thumbsup:

Anyway that's my take on seedlings and nutes. If you want big plants, you need to give them what they need from the get go. No offence meant to either dwc or surf - I used to follow a similar routine of no nutes for a fortnight and I still grew decent plants until one day I wondered 'what if....' That is when my opinion on when to start adding nutes changed. However only it's my opinion and what works for me... Good luck steel for whichever path you decide :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Hardon
these are mine at day 14 i will stick with my way but good advice :) plants look great btw keep it growing
DSC04092.JPG

While i agree with DWC I didnt mean to disagree with you, just think that as a complete beginner it's better to err on the side of caution with a method guaranteed to work, I've seen too many new growers stunt the crap out of autos with too much fertilizing. I know there is no problem feeding early in the right amount if you truly know what you're dealing with. I routinely use the root stimulant at 1/8 to 1/4 strength as a soil presoak, but that isn't much of a nutrient in the NPK sense. Many of them are less than 1-1-1, especially with organic lines.

Dude if you used the stimulant at quarter strength, you'll be grand. Sit back and wait four or five days and she'll be ready for another feed.

I promise I won't kill your plants :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Hardon

hehehehe, no worries man, I thnk im jut panicking too qucikly :pass:, this time ill do it wit your method,
next I do to no nuts till week 2 scheme.

as long as the final product is good ill be happy.

thanks to all for the input though, really much appreciated :worship:

ill post a pic of the status of the plant tonight, ı dunno about the nutes but
it def needed some water, i can see the result already :smoking:

The seedling is three days old now dude...

And your plants look great also! :thumbsup:Do you foliar feed them at that stage?

Cheers,
Hardon
i never knew it was 3 days old i was speaking with him on a message and he said he just put them in no germ or anything about a hour ago thats why. i am not dis agreeing with you at all i no you no what your doing i can tell just by your post i was just saying because he is a new grower a easy way to do it with good results thats all :)

Back