Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

Aaa, ok ill be lowering the light then to 30cm, in the readings i did it mentioned to bring it closer once the leaves are set, but ofcourse being a rookie, i wasnt too sure when the first leaves are ready.

I do have an internal fan, 18 cm, im running it on low power, but i didnt point it at the plant, its hitting a wall at the moment, thats another question, when can i star to blow wind in the direction of the plant?

For the moisture, ok got it ill be checking daily then, untill it just feels dry

Thanks for the help though bro, really helping the guidance

No worries dude. Even 30cm is high for a 250w cooltube IMO. Give them a few days to establish themselves and then get the lamp even closer. You'll soon find the sweet spot between temps and light spread.

You want to be aiming the fan towards the gap between the plant and the light. All you want to do is create some air movement inside the your tent. I wouldn't aim a fan that big directly on a seedling.

Cheers,
Hardon

No worries dude. Even 30cm is high for a 250w cooltube IMO. Give them a few days to establish themselves and then get the lamp even closer. You'll soon find the sweet spot between temps and light spread.

You want to be aiming the fan towards the gap between the plant and the light. All you want to do is create some air movement inside the your tent. I wouldn't aim a fan that big directly on a seedling.

Cheers,
Hardon

alot of good info here, thanx :cheers:

by the way, one last question

when I do start watering the plant, is there a certain amount that I should be taking into account?

as in how much water should I be using?

I'm using a 20L pot.

alot of good info here, thanx :cheers:

by the way, one last question

when I do start watering the plant, is there a certain amount that I should be taking into account?

as in how much water should I be using?

I'm using a 20L pot.

You are using standard pots? I used to water until run off but I haven't used standard pots in a while (AP's are far superior :thumbsup:)

When you water them, do it slowly and evenly and stop as soon as the run off starts. This will give you an idea of how much they will need each time. Make sure you get the root juice and a small dose of grow into the first feed! They'll start to take off after that.

Cheers,
Hardon

You are using standard pots? I used to water until run off but I haven't used standard pots in a while (AP's are far superior :thumbsup:)

When you water them, do it slowly and evenly and stop as soon as the run off starts. This will give you an idea of how much they will need each time. Make sure you get the root juice and a small dose of grow into the first feed! They'll start to take off after that.

Cheers,
Hardon

yea, standard pots is what I got so ill stick t your untill the water runs off method for sure.

you are mentioning root juice in first water, but in all the reading i did, it specifically says not to feed nutrition until 14 days from seeding at least.

i assume since you insist you've tried it many times and have succeeded, so how come in all the readings I did they specifically say not to?

i would really appreciate if you could solve this dilemma for me cause I def wanna be using my root juice

Hardon told you right. Do not touch the baby plants, you will not help them. They are so delicate they will just get damaged or killed. The blue cheese is suppose to be one of their best autos. I have some of those on the way. Doing their auto OG Kush first. I will keep an eye on this thread for assistance. Just remember patience is the gardeners most versatile tool. Have fun.

yea, standard pots is what I got so ill stick t your untill the water runs off method for sure.

you are mentioning root juice in first water, but in all the reading i did, it specifically says not to feed nutrition until 14 days from seeding at least.

i assume since you insist you've tried it many times and have succeeded, so how come in all the readings I did they specifically say not to?

i would really appreciate if you could solve this dilemma for me cause I def wanna be using my root juice

All that does is causes you to miss out on 14 days potential growing! It's the first two weeks that the plant puts down its roots so it makes no sense whatsoever to wait until this period is over before adding the juice :biggrin:

Check out my grow if you need proof. Mine got fed on day 1 with root stimulant and then on day 4 with grow nutes. You are using light mix which contains no nourishment for your plant so you need to provide this. The sooner you do this, the sooner she can start growing!

Cheers,
Hardon

I rest my case :) you have me convinced, ill be using my root juice i think in about 2 day when the soil will be ready for it.
thanks heeps again for the help

much appriciated! :bighug:

I rest my case :) you have me convinced, ill be using my root juice i think in about 2 day when the soil will be ready for it.
thanks heeps again for the help

much appriciated! :bighug:

You also might be best getting yourself a bottle of CalMag ordered up now as you will no doubt have Ca and Mg deficiencies in a few weeks time. The light mix soil is renowned for it!

Cheers,
Hardon

You also might be best getting yourself a bottle of CalMag ordered up now as you will no doubt have Ca and Mg deficiencies in a few weeks time. The light mix soil is renowned for it!

Cheers,
Hardon
I am ordering it right now [emoji2]

I found a product named sensi Cal Mag Xtra, has all those nuts u mentioned. This will do right?

Ok one last qurstion, how much of the root juice and grow nut do you put in 1 lt of water for autos?

Back