Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

My Short Rider seeds took 4 days to come through the soil, I wouldn't sweat it you'll see them soon, if you do move some soil out of the way just be very careful, I have done this before I used a toothpick to brush away the soil one particle at a time.
Hi nugbugs,

Im not gonna touch em man, im keeping my fingers crossed :) just a question, i covered the top of pot with plastic wrap to keep the humidity in, you think i should remove it now or wait untill it somehow comes out of the soil?

Hey hey :vibe:
I would take it off now, but there is something to be said for keeping the humidity high above ground during the sprout stage, it will end up much bigger than if it was struggling to get water only from its roots, which are not well developed yet. 65 to 75 percent humidity will help the sprouts out majorly for a few weeks until the roots get up to par. Also remember that they need airflow so a bag or dome isn't the best way to keep it humid.
Hope you're having a great night!

hello people,

ok after a stressful night, finally, i think the the seeds are on the right path.

:)

here is an update with pics

12180013_10153760415883417_1887231154_n.jpg

by the way guys,

I have a qucik question, I have my 250W cooltube light, about 60cm from the plant.

do you think that is an ideal distance for now?

hello people,

ok after a stressful night, finally, i think the the seeds are on the right path.

Ah, the stresses of a first time parent over their newborn :biggrin:

Nice set-up, your tent is the same size as mine. And nice strain choice too :thumbsup:

All looking good! What are your temps and RH like?

Cheers,
Hardon

Ah, the stresses of a first time parent over their newborn :biggrin:

Nice set-up, your tent is the same size as mine. And nice strain choice too :thumbsup:

All looking good! What are your temps and RH like?

Cheers,
Hardon

Hello Hardon,

yes it is indeed :smoking:

the temp is around 20-22 Celcius, and the humidity varying thought the day between 55-65% humidity.

im not even sure how acurate these electronic temperatures are, but hey thats what it says :)

you think it will shed the shell, or will I have to take it off at some point?

and although I read everywhere not to water the pot, i cant help but notice the soil at the edge of the pot seems to be dry,
do you think I should water earlier than waiting 7-10 after seeding?

thanks for the input by the way :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello Hardon,

yes it is indeed :smoking:

the temp is around 20-22 Celcius, and the humidity varying thought the day between 55-65% humidity.

im not even sure how acurate these electronic temperatures are, but hey thats what it says :)

you think it will shed the shell, or will I have to take it off at some point?

and although I read everywhere not to water the pot, i cant help but notice the soil at the edge of the pot seems to be dry,
do you think I should water earlier than waiting 7-10 after seeding?

thanks for the input by the way :thumbsup:

I would get the lamp way closer than 60cm! Drop it down to 30cm - Your plants will thank you for it! :thumbsup:

Your temps are maybe a little low - I try to aim for around 24 degrees during the first few days. Your RH is bang on!

I've always left stuck shells casing on and let them fall off on their own accord. I forced the issue once and took a starter leaf with me so lesson learned!

It depends how moist your soil was when you planted the seedling. I always moisten the soil when I drop the seed and water with a root stimulant around day 2-3. Your soil still looks damp in your pictures although it's hard to tell? Best to just stick your finger in the soil and see how moist it feels. I definately wouldn't be waiting 7-10 days!

Do you have an internal fan inside the tent?

Cheers,
Hardon

Back