Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

Day 26

Wow, really growing fast i have to move my light higher 5 cm or more daily due to vertical growth, i dunno if this is how its suppose to br but she stretching for sure.

So 2 days ago gave it a good 2lt feed with 1/2 nutes, she seems to have taken it very well, but the 2 big leaves at bottom still jave the yellow color in em, what do you guys think the problem is here?

ExgulKv.jpg

XNBsaD4.jpg

FRy9IE0.jpg

Last edited:
I've come to accept that lower leaves just discolor an need to removed on occasion. There is always a cause whether it be PH issues, Cal/Mag, Nitrogen, or something else entirely, but what it really comes down to is that they are old leaves and further from the light so any weakness will show on them first. If I had to guess I'd say its cal/mag or PH, but since the rest of the plant is so healthy with only a little nute burn at the tips I'd say you are golden. You don't need to stress about those leaves for more than the time it take to pinch them off. Nice work so far!

I've come to accept that lower leaves just discolor an need to removed on occasion. There is always a cause whether it be PH issues, Cal/Mag, Nitrogen, or something else entirely, but what it really comes down to is that they are old leaves and further from the light so any weakness will show on them first. If I had to guess I'd say its cal/mag or PH, but since the rest of the plant is so healthy with only a little nute burn at the tips I'd say you are golden. You don't need to stress about those leaves for more than the time it take to pinch them off. Nice work so far!
thanx for the info Jbmoviefan, so you think I should just pinch those leaves off?

from the stem or just the leaves?

would it be a problem if I just left them on?

thanx

PS

Great looking grow by the way :biggrin:

Thanks for the likes, I'm not really sure about the benefits or hindrances of any of those ideas. For me it's a visual thing, I just don't want to look at unhealthy lower leaves if I have tons of viable top growth. If it's really a problem it will spread. As far as my personal experience I've cut the bad tips off big leaves and have them continue to stay green and healthy looking for the duration of a grow. Now, I typically remove a leaf if it's low and has browning/yellowing/rusting over more than just the tips. When I remove a leaf I take it off low on the stem leaving a little stub that will dry and fall off the plant eventually, unless it N deficient and then they just fall off, lol.

Day 27

Wow she is 49cm in height, is she growing too fast? I mean my tent is not too tall only 160cm.

Im keeping the light distance around 18cm, but the plant is growing faster than my 3cm increase of height daily.

It was at a 25cm distance about a week ago [emoji2] .

would love to hear your comments about how she look and the height, if it is at a controlable level for my tent?

1y7MoWv.jpg

RHcU0LP.jpg

RxwfcJM.jpg

From what I've read about the DFBCA it tends to be a smaller plant. It's possible you just got a stretchy pheno, but with how low you're keeping the light it shouldn't be a problem anyway. If it's really bothering you and you want to be proactive about it I would suggest just a little bit of LST on the main stem (don't bend it as much as I did my Cheese XXL). I know they say not to train autos, or more correctly that only certain strains respond well to training, but I'm of the mindset that any plant can be trained without negative effect so long as you're gentle and keep your bend at less than 90 degrees. Looking awesome by the way.

From what I've read about the DFBCA it tends to be a smaller plant. It's possible you just got a stretchy pheno, but with how low you're keeping the light it shouldn't be a problem anyway. If it's really bothering you and you want to be proactive about it I would suggest just a little bit of LST on the main stem (don't bend it as much as I did my Cheese XXL). I know they say not to train autos, or more correctly that only certain strains respond well to training, but I'm of the mindset that any plant can be trained without negative effect so long as you're gentle and keep your bend at less than 90 degrees. Looking awesome by the way.

thanx for the comments and nice wordz :)

u know im really thinking of doing some lst, but im holding myself back since this will be first grow, i dont want to mess it up.

can I still do LST say in week 5-6? when the vertical growth will come close to the end, if it is threatining to be bigger than the tent .

by the wy, was your cheese xxl a dinefem seed? if so how much did you yield from the plant?

aahahah sorry i just remembered you have your post of the cheese xxl on the forum :)

As long as you're careful you can train a plant at any time during the grow, so long as you don't damage the stalks or budding spots. That said the older your plant get the more rigid the branches and the more prone they are to break when bending. That's why most people train in veg, nice soft bendy stems. If you are going to train your plant make sure to anchor it in the opposite direction before you bend it. I've broken plenty of branches training them late though, so be careful and go slow.

As long as you're careful you can train a plant at any time during the grow, so long as you don't damage the stalks or budding spots. That said the older your plant get the more rigid the branches and the more prone they are to break when bending. That's why most people train in veg, nice soft bendy stems. If you are going to train your plant make sure to anchor it in the opposite direction before you bend it. I've broken plenty of branches training them late though, so be careful and go slow.

thanx for the heads up, but this time ill skip, just to be on the safe side :)

it will kill me if I mess this first one up after all the mental preparation i had to do.

ill try it in my next grow which will be moby dick xxl, lets see how much we can push that one :smoking:

Back