Mephisto Genetics Stealth Armoire Max Out

I had the same problem watering airpots. Breaking up the soil a little every few days will help some.
I like to rough up the soil on the SmartPots. Gives me an idea on how the soil is drying out. I've had the 1st, let's say 2 cups of water, just flow out of the SmartPot fabric w/o even moistening the top of the soil. Now I just add enough water to get the top of the soil wet and let it soak in. Very s..l..o..w..l..y adding water. If there is a "leak" I stop watering and wait a few minutes before I resume. I've had drops of "leaking" water just just get suck back into the fabric after the flow of water is eased off.
I have the time to do this with only six girls. It's a labor of love.

I like to rough up the soil on the SmartPots. Gives me an idea on how the soil is drying out. I've had the 1st, let's say 2 cups of water, just flow out of the SmartPot fabric w/o even moistening the top of the soil. Now I just add enough water to get the top of the soil wet and let it soak in. Very s..l..o..w..l..y adding water. If there is a "leak" I stop watering and wait a few minutes before I resume. I've had drops of "leaking" water just just get suck back into the fabric after the flow of water is eased off.
I have the time to do this with only six girls. It's a labor of love.
I feel your pain. Sometimes it feels like forever to get a couple fed. Everything is looking good Sir!

Yeah I had the same problem with my airpots and I watered daily. I used a sprayer to do it slow. It would take an hour to water 2 plants in 3gal pots. I decided to try hydro on this grow and I'm loving it so far. A lot less work.

Everything is looking good Sir!
Likewise I am sure.
I got the West Coast Horticulture line from the Close Out sale from the :dancer: Hot Babe Grow Shoppe.
I like this stuff. No pH necessary and it's Organic.

The only issue I have with the W/C line is, and with all "Organic" nutrients is the STINK. After a feeding the grow room (Den) smells like the Men's restroom at the Port Authority Bus Station in NYC. :gassy:

or the restrooms at Gillette Stadium when the Tommy Brady :finger: and his posse come to town.
Go Texans'.....put a stop to pretty boy Tommy. :tongue:

Holly Cow...I cannot stand the Patriots. It's a cult....:backside:

Last edited:
Yeah I had the same problem with my airpots and I watered daily. I used a sprayer to do it slow. It would take an hour to water 2 plants in 3gal pots. I decided to try hydro on this grow and I'm loving it so far. A lot less work.
@Duckster , I have a DWC hydro setup that is still in the box. I would like to use it, but...is it really easier than soil?

Likewise I am sure.
I got the West Coast Horticulture line from the Close Out sale from the :dancer: Hot Babe Grow Shoppe.
I like this stuff. No pH necessary and it's Organic.

The only issue I have with the W/C line is, and with all "Organic" nutrients is the STINK. After a feeding the grow room (Den) smells like the Men's restroom at the Port Authority Bus Station in NYC. :gassy:

or the restrooms at Gillette Stadium when the Tommy Brady :finger: and his posse come to town.
Go Texans'.....put a stop to pretty boy Tommy. :tongue:

Holly Cow...I cannot stand the Patriots. It's a cult....:backside:
:funny: Yes, I feed General Organics, and there's a couple of those that are like you describe and maybe like a couple things I won't say out loud.

maybe like a couple things I won't say out loud.
:gassy1:

Silent, but Deadly.

@Margahooja. General Organic was a nutrient line that I was going to get at the :dancer: Hot Babe Grow Shoppe Close Out Sale. I choose the West Coast Horticultural line instead. GO is on my nutrient to do list.

Last edited:
:gassy1:

Silent, but Deadly.

@Margahooja. General Organic was a nutrient line that I was going to get at the :dancer: Hot Babe Grow Shoppe Close Out Sale. I choose the West Coast Horticultural line instead. GO is on my nutrient to do list.
GO is all I have used for the last 3 years except for the 2 soil mix plants I've done recently. I really like them.

@Duckster , I have a DWC hydro setup that is still in the box. I would like to use it, but...is it really easier than soil?

For me it is. I was feeding everyday. Feeding 2-3 plants with a sprayer took about an hour a day plus another 2-3 hours per week to mix the nutes. So for a 2 week period I was spending about 20 hours in just feeding. With hydro, I do a res change once every 2 weeks. When I do a change, I empty with a pump and then add 2-3gal to rinse things out a bit and empty again. Add 9gal of fresh water and fresh nutes. Then re-cal the pH pen. Then I check and record the res temp, ppm, and pH. I don't have to adjust the pH because I'm using AN pH perfect nutes, so I'm always 5.6-5.8 when I mix. My res has a float switch that controls a feed from a sub-res to keep the level constant. The res also has a chiller to help control the temp. The complete res change takes 2-3hrs. Daily I check and record the res temp and ppm. I also check and record pH. I keep the pH 5.5-6.1 so I adjustment if needed. The more the girls are feeding and drinking, the more often you have to tweek the pH. I also top off the sub-res daily. That takes about 15min per day. So in a 2 week period I spend about 6.5hrs doing the feeding stuff. Much better than 20hrs IMO. I'm also liking the results. I have 2 Sour Cracks going in hydro. They are less than 5 weeks and are already larger than either of the Sour Cracks that I did in soil. I am amazed so far.

Back