New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Maybe I'm wrong but pretty the bulb of ph pen should have liquid in it mine appears to have something in it :shrug: :dizzy:Apera PH60
Maybe im crazy then, nevertheless I cant calibrate it properly anymore got a brand new set if 4.0, 7.0, and 10.0 calibration fluid and the only one it reads sort of close is the 10.0 even that wont calibrate anymore.

Maybe I’m wrong but I always thought low humidity was good for late flowering plants.
I would think high 30’s to low 40’s would be ideal R/H for plants at your stage.
Really? Well I guess thats good then because the humidifier isnt helping, still in the low 40s again lol

Maybe im crazy then, nevertheless I cant calibrate it properly anymore got a brand new set if 4.0, 7.0, and 10.0 calibration fluid and the only one it reads sort of close is the 10.0 even that wont calibrate anymore.
I know my meter can be finicky to calibrate and I must rinse the probes with RO after each calibration... Also while testing it takes a minute for the ph to settle out and have make sure there is NO air bubbles around the probe hence why they say stir it around..

I know my meter can be finicky to calibrate and I must rinse the probes with RO after each calibration... Also while testing it takes a minute for the ph to settle out and have make sure there is NO air bubbles around the probe hence why they say stir it around..
I tried at least a dozen times, even cleaned the probe with distilled water and a cotton swab. Left it in each solution for 5 minutes but never came close enough to register an accurate calibration. It would just say calibration failed every time. Its ok though this will be a better meter all around. I looked up how a ph meters electrode is suppose to work and yeah it is suppose to have a liquid in it but I think I let the bulb dry out past the point of saving when I left it out.

Just wanted to share
So a bout a week ago I snipped so super larfy branches off the watermelon zkittles to try some uncured bud to see what it was like.

Still early, not much of a high to speak of. Light buzz, but even with no cure, it tastes like watermelon flavored grass, so that makes me wonder what its gonna be like after the cure because the granite I chopped early, just tasted like grass after it was dried enough to jar. Theres definitely not enough here of the watermelon to do that, but damn.

I might go get another scale soon and start progressively harvesting it so I can get a start recording wet vs dry weights. Then all I gotta do is add em up write my review amd I should be able to get my CC badge. Its getting close. Most buds are 50/50 clear and cloudy, and all the sugar leaves that havent fried up from earlier issues are about 25% amber so I feel like when it does start to teeter on the verge of cloudy to amber its gonna go quick.

Oh also before I forget, bought a trim bin off amazon finally also got some better mini hydrometers for the jars curing right now. I was using old analog ones from my old reptile habitats. Velcroed to the lid, cleaned and sanitized them of course but I only had 2 and will definitely need more soon.

Also Idk if anyone noticed this but for future reference 90% of the hydrometers on amazon have a 5-10% rh tolerance which definitely is not accurate enough for my liking, if my jar is reading at 62% and its actually 67-72% thats a big difference, not as drastic on the low end if you're reading 62% as 57% isnt bad but 52% is really pushing it. I found only one brand that was advertised at a +/- 1% rh tolerance.

Took a lot of pics today.

Gotta get either a new ph meter or some new calibration fluid. Went to calibrate it today as its been quite a while like 3ish months or more cant really remember. The only one I could get to read right was my 10.0 fluid, every tine I tried the 7 it read it so close to 10 it calibrated it thinking it was 10.0 also the 4.0 fluid was reading at like 6.5. I calibrated it 4 times at 10 with the 10.0 fluid. Took 4 or 5 readings of the plain spring water and it read where the most common ph tests from the bottler. 8.4ph so I ph'd my water a tad on the high side....pots were dry so I added the amount of ph down I normally do and it read 6.8 so hopefully its correct....

watered all 3 plants with a gallon and filled the humidifier as the humidity has been very low around 38-44%, with the addition of the watered plants and the humidifier Ive gotten it to 49% so far. Turned the intake down to 50% and I pryed open the plants a little more to let air through the center of the plants and get more light, larf on these plants is at least twice as dense as the auto, pretty sure thats due to low dli for most of the flowering period. Temps remain pretty stable as always

Anyway to the picsView attachment 1561543View attachment 1561544View attachment 1561545View attachment 1561546View attachment 1561547View attachment 1561548View attachment 1561549View attachment 1561550View attachment 1561551View attachment 1561552View attachment 1561553View attachment 1561554
Buds look great bro! :thumbsup:
I know it’s a little too late in your flowering period but if you would have defoliated some of those big fan leaves earlier in flower you would have definitely decreased the amount of larf you have.

Buds look great bro! :thumbsup:
I know it’s a little too late in your flowering period but if you would have defoliated some of those big fan leaves earlier in flower you would have definitely decreased the amount of larf you have.
Yeah I know im still getting accustom to what I can leave and what I can get rid of. I tried leaving a little more on thinking if something like some serious deficiency happened like it did that there might be more healthy foliage to keep everything chugging along. I'll get better for sure though, now that I got a better understanding of how to water and feed from MOG I'll be a little more vigorous with the defoliation.

So a bout a week ago I snipped so super larfy branches off the watermelon zkittles to try some uncured bud to see what it was like.

Still early, not much of a high to speak of. Light buzz, but even with no cure, it tastes like watermelon flavored grass, so that makes me wonder what its gonna be like after the cure because the granite I chopped early, just tasted like grass after it was dried enough to jar. Theres definitely not enough here of the watermelon to do that, but damn.

I might go get another scale soon and start progressively harvesting it so I can get a start recording wet vs dry weights. Then all I gotta do is add em up write my review amd I should be able to get my CC badge. Its getting close. Most buds are 50/50 clear and cloudy, and all the sugar leaves that havent fried up from earlier issues are about 25% amber so I feel like when it does start to teeter on the verge of cloudy to amber its gonna go quick.

Oh also before I forget, bought a trim bin off amazon finally also got some better mini hydrometers for the jars curing right now. I was using old analog ones from my old reptile habitats. Velcroed to the lid, cleaned and sanitized them of course but I only had 2 and will definitely need more soon.

Also Idk if anyone noticed this but for future reference 90% of the hydrometers on amazon have a 5-10% rh tolerance which definitely is not accurate enough for my liking, if my jar is reading at 62% and its actually 67-72% thats a big difference, not as drastic on the low end if you're reading 62% as 57% isnt bad but 52% is really pushing it. I found only one brand that was advertised at a +/- 1% rh tolerance.
Hi mate, which brand of hygrometer was it? They sound good.

Day 91
Nothing much to update, buds getting bigger. More trichomes getting cloudy, more amber on the sugar leaves of the watermelon. Also some amber showing up on both the peyote sugar leaves.

Peyote Critical
20230206_081952.jpg
20230206_082004.jpg
20230206_082009.jpg
20230206_082015.jpg
20230206_082019.jpg

Other Peyote Critical
20230206_082040.jpg
20230206_082050.jpg
20230206_082054.jpg
20230206_082056.jpg

20230206_082100.jpg

Watermelon Zkittlez
20230206_082119.jpg
20230206_082213.jpg
20230206_082144.jpg
20230206_082153.jpg
20230206_082150.jpg

Last edited:
New ph meter
Got my apera ph meter today and goddamn this thing fancy. Laminated 1 point lesson on use and calibration, and a case with buffer solutions. Shit my old ph meter was the same price and it didnt even come with batteries.

Back