New Grower Squid Farms 2013-Back on the Scene

Last edited:
Nice :D! Hyped for this run squid!

Brother Squid,you darn well know Im in till I get sores on my butt watch you do your thing.And you deserve ALL and EVERY last thing you have achieved here.You've helped me learn and guide me to a certain understanding of this site and growing as a whole.You rock. IM IN!!:wiz:

:clap: :pop:

Whats up Squid? Seems you lost :D

Haha. Yes, indeed lost. I had kind of a crazy week. You guys don't normally ever really see/know it, but I have been pretty bummed here and there in the past few months and I guess it just hit me pretty hard on Monday. Just life...shit. And the things it throws at you, even if/when you're down. I was at the point of actually getting professional help, but have pulled through, with the help from my amazing wife and my best friend. He actually went to Greenleaf for depression and gave me some 'pointers'. A lot of this crap is in my head. I have to think happy thoughts and keep myself busy. Had a 50 hour work week and went to sleep last night before 8pm and woke up at 8am this morning. Haven't slept like that in a long time. So yup, there goes that confession to you all...

Other than that, I have been having these crappy germ rates with these last few Onyx that I have. So got held back a while from having to replaced non spouted beans. Also, I had my Tek lamp a little too close and it fried a couple. Forgot how this thing is a tiny little Sun in each bulb.(Mr. Piggy knows what I mean with these pl-55 bulbs)

So as it stands now I have two seedlings about 5 days old I think. I also had another that was already going a couple weeks ahead of time, but in a different mix, some Monrovia Organics. Works ok. That one has shown female, so between that one and two new, I am sure I'll end up with two females which is what I wanted. Sorry, no pics yet. Keep forgetting to get batteries for my camera and been lazy and above mentioned problems...Anyways...

Everyone has seen seedlings before, but I do wanna get some shots of them for you guys as well as a purple Basil plant I have in there, too.

Until next time...:smokebuds:

Hello friends.

I was hoping for some pics of a little seedling action by now, but for whatever reason(probably because I started this damn journal:D), they are slow goin's on the germ.
After the soak, I come to found that I had lost one. Guess it soaked too long because it had popped completely out of the shell and was just rotted floating in the water. Never had that happen before. Two had perfect tails and one was just cracked.

I am starting them in 2L coke bottles with the tops cut off that double as a humidity dome. I planted the three that soaked good and replaced the one that rotted with a new bean. No soak at all.
Three are peeking out just barely including the non-soaked bean. And another started to sprout and then gave up, not sure why. I always have such great germ and sprout rates,like I said, just because I started a journal for my grow is why it happened. :lol:

So, that was two down overall, and the second one was just replaced earlier with another dry non-soaked bean.

Bear with me and stay tuned and hopefully I'll have some pics to throw up my next week. :D

ouch the sting of ol murphy in full effect
the girls are stressed out from the demands of that runway photoshoot:)
tell them all not to get stressed out by the camera just act natural and do what comes natural:)

Stay strong squid.. I can rattle off a bunch of cliche statements, but I'd rather just let ya know if there's anything I can help out with, let me know brother.

After what you've been through, getting readjusted to 'normal' life can be a task brother.. this site is a great outlet for that and let's us communicate, feel better and just 'disconnect' when we want to. It's helped me get through some tough times.

Can't way to see this under way although I believe it should be in the indoor growing section as you're not exactly a new grower anymore!!! :p

Did you know the little pink pacman squid on the first page links to celebrity fashion? LOL

Thanks wg, that means a lot, dude. I finally uploaded my much clearer avatar. :thumbs: Looks great.

I put my journal here on purpose to be 'with' all the new growers, right here with them. i am still learning too, believe it or not. :lol:

And heck no, I didn't know that was a link...not cool. It won't let me edit my posts. Not sure what that's all about though. :shrug:

We're all learning, that's why we're all getting better at what we do man! :thumbs:

I thought it was funny, I hovered over it because I thought it was an emoticon we didn't use before and wanted to see what the tag was so I could start using it and I was like "celebrity fashion, what's this!"

So I found out...
piggy.gif

:roflcry:

We do need to get that little squid added to our emoticons though, going to ask JM or Muddy if they can add it for us.. I think it's bad ass.

Back