New Grower SPZ's Mephisto Triple Automatic Redux

Awesome job SPZ! You really handled this grow quite well! Almost ready to enjoy the fruits of your harvest I'm really happy for you! That first bowl of your own home grown... It's a great feeling

Day 78

Hi all! The grow is looking great! Here is a photographic update...

NCH1 looks like she will be ready for the chop soon, I'm waiting for at least a week flush, which would be tomorrow, but I may wait up to another week for the trich's to get nice and ripe.
View attachment 814417

NCH 2 is bit behind her sisters but she now that she has started filling in she is absolutely massive! She's got at least another week to go before she's ripe.
View attachment 814418

I've chopped NCH 3 and have her drying in the garage so as not to bring any pests into the house. She's been flushed for a couple weeks and my friend and local grow guru came to help me confirm that the buds are good and ripe (thanks, man!). She had two small spots of mold on her, I chopped those off and I have a small fan blowing under her to try to keep the air moving. Hoping to get a half ounce to an ounce off of her, not bad seeing how sick she was.
View attachment 814421

NCH4 is on a similar trajectory to NCH1, I expect she'll be ready for the chop some day within the next week.
View attachment 814419
Not much longer now, smoke em' if you got 'em :pass:

Really looking good. It will be a nice harvest for you

Awesome job SPZ! You really handled this grow quite well! Almost ready to enjoy the fruits of your harvest I'm really happy for you! That first bowl of your own home grown... It's a great feeling

Thanks for the encouragement--I am beyond excited! It has been really humid so sadly the buds hanging in the garage are drying super slow, I may need to put a dehumidifier out there or something cause the suspense is killing me.

Really looking good. It will be a nice harvest for you

Sure looks like it--smells like it too! :gassy:

Thanks for the encouragement--I am beyond excited! It has been really humid so sadly the buds hanging in the garage are drying super slow, I may need to put a dehumidifier out there or something cause the suspense is killing me.

Sure looks like it--smells like it too! :gassy:

I know you know this, a problem is only an opportunity for a solution. Boy aren't we having fun :eyebrows:. I have been snipping a few ends of leaves with the tri's on them. I dry it under the light and in 3 days it goes into the tiny pipe I use. I have no patience. I want to see if she is a good dancer. :kiss:

It has been very good.I am happy. Happy girl - Happy meds.... Mind you I use very little so a little goes a long way for me. :dragon1:

Last edited:
Another possibility would be to dry/cure in the paper bag method before putting in jars. You should be able to hang them inside your tent if that would help with the humidity your dealing with in the garage.
images.jpg
images (4).jpg

Another possibility would be to dry/cure in the paper bag method before putting in jars. You should be able to hang them inside your tent if that would help with the humidity your dealing with in the garage.
View attachment 815642 View attachment 815641

I did end up using the paper bag technique. Bagged them and put them inside this weekend. Didn't hang them anywhere near the tent as I don't want any creepy crawlies that were on that outdoor plant to get the idea to move into the indoor grow space. Taking the bags inside speeded up the drying and yesterday they were dry enough for a final trim, weigh-in and test smoke. Final verdict on NCH3....

Weight: 25 grams of bud, just under one ounce! Plus another 12 grams of trim suitable for making edibles and tinctures. Will probably loose another couple grams to drying.
Bag appeal: Buds are pretty small but tight and sticky
Smoke: still a little moist and needs to cure, but the cheese flavor comes through, really nice flavor but not much smell unless you squeeze the buds
Potency: Holy shit, this is some strong weed. Smoked half a bowl and it had a lasting effect with a good mix of creative high and couchlock.

NCH1 and NCH4 should be coming down any day now. After almost 2 weeks of flush they are at about 5% amber trich's. I'm waiting for 30% amber, but in reality they could come down any time. Will post pics when the big harvest comes! NCH2 is still a ways out, at least another week if I'm to be realistic. The hairs on the buds are just starting to turn red. But it is going to be worth it cause she is seriously huge!!!!

I did end up using the paper bag technique. Bagged them and put them inside this weekend. Didn't hang them anywhere near the tent as I don't want any creepy crawlies that were on that outdoor plant to get the idea to move into the indoor grow space. Taking the bags inside speeded up the drying and yesterday they were dry enough for a final trim, weigh-in and test smoke. Final verdict on NCH3....

Weight: 25 grams of bud, just under one ounce! Plus another 12 grams of trim suitable for making edibles and tinctures. Will probably loose another couple grams to drying.
Bag appeal: Buds are pretty small but tight and sticky
Smoke: still a little moist and needs to cure, but the cheese flavor comes through, really nice flavor but not much smell unless you squeeze the buds
Potency: Holy shit, this is some strong weed. Smoked half a bowl and it had a lasting effect with a good mix of creative high and couchlock.

NCH1 and NCH4 should be coming down any day now. After almost 2 weeks of flush they are at about 5% amber trich's. I'm waiting for 30% amber, but in reality they could come down any time. Will post pics when the big harvest comes! NCH2 is still a ways out, at least another week if I'm to be realistic. The hairs on the buds are just starting to turn red. But it is going to be worth it cause she is seriously huge!!!!
:yay::woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo1::clapper:

25grams. that would last me for a year.

Potency: :bow::pighug::headbang::worship:
You make yourself proud. Nice job. The other ladies in waiting will reward you with love....:dancer::kiss::dancer:. I am REALLY happy for you and know you will continue to grow and grow.

not a complete fan of the brown bag method, if i use them is more like open ended with a fan gently across the opening. usually on it's side with the buds spread out more. you might find me, in the middle of the drying process, with closed bag if it's muggy out. still on its side to spread the nug as evenly as possible. gently roll a couple of times a day, spread them out again. still prefer to hang till trim then in a jar.

Back