Grow Room Spanglish´s 1L Air-Pot Grows

Cool another tiny pot grow. Looks like this one has a proper height to width ratio. Aw disappointed that we have no underdog crack whore to cheer on. lol. Subbed up and riding along mate:biggrin:

Cool another tiny pot grow. Looks like this one has a proper height to width ratio. Aw disappointed that we have no underdog crack whore to cheer on. lol. Subbed up and riding along mate:biggrin:

Yeah thought why not squeeze another one in there as thats about all space will allow and also reckon should be a good way to teach myself a bit more about deficencies.

Got myself a proper SuperRoots pot this time so yeah the dimensions look a bit better 10cm in height as opposed to the 5cm i had last time round with the Sour Crack, and with the pot being thinner can fit it in better right under the light instead of pushed out to the side of it.

Nope sorry not homeless rejects this time round, thought the second seedling might have been when i saw the twin roots but there was really nothing to it, the stem was nearly as thin as a hair without even a one true cotyledon just a tiny bit of green growth on the end of it like a little torn flag.

Day 7

Everything still ticking along nicely and she is just showing the start of the third node. Have spent the last couple of days in a constant heat battle due to some overly hot weather here with outdoor temps hitting 36c(97f) the temps in the box are creeping upto 31.5c(89f) at the height of the day, but for most of the day just about managing to keep them at 29.5(85f) even though not perfect to be fair the baby girls are taking it well for the time being.

Watering daily and giving an occasional misting, the feeds so far are shown below.

Day 1 - Filtered Water 100ml
Day 2 - Filtered Water 200ml
Day 3 - Filtered Water 200ml
Day 4 - Root juice 1ml/L @ 250ml
Day 5 - Filtered Water 200ml
Day 6 - Filtered Water 200ml
Day 7 - Filtered Water 250ml

2015-06-22 11.37.35.jpg
2015-06-22 11.37.44.jpg
2015-06-22 11.37.55.jpg

Hi Spanglish
Sorry it took me a while to get over to this thread.
Im subbed and looking forward to more.

Never to late bro, welcome to the party its only just getting started.

Is going to be a ongoing thread of dwarf plants, lol the exact opposite of your DWC monsters.

If anyone else has got some tiny pot grows, plants, pics or tips feel free to post them here.

Looking very nice! Today is day 7 for my plants too but they're just a tad smaller.

Keep listing those waterings/feedings. Your first 7 days are already a mind-blowing insight to me... I just pre-soak the soil somewhat and water VERY little amounts every FEW days lol.. I'm too afraid of overwatering I guess.

Do you always top up the soil to keep the pot full with a smooth surface like that or are you using some special watering methods? I just purchased some clay pebbles and found out that they could have saved me a lot of frustration while watering the small air-pots... :doh:

Looking very nice! Today is day 7 for my plants too but they're just a tad smaller.

Keep listing those waterings/feedings. Your first 7 days are already a mind-blowing insight to me... I just pre-soak the soil somewhat and water VERY little amounts every FEW days lol.. I'm too afraid of overwatering I guess.

Do you always top up the soil to keep the pot full with a smooth surface like that or are you using some special watering methods? I just purchased some clay pebbles and found out that they could have saved me a lot of frustration while watering the small air-pots... :doh:

Thanks bro am happy with her, she seems healthy and a quick starter so far.

I must of put about 1.5L of water through the pot a couple of days before planting up the seed and then has been the daily amounts the i posted earlier, have only used 1L airpots once on my last grow and was afraid of overwatering also, but by the end of that grow am now in the mindset that more is better when it comes to water and feeds in small airpots as they seem to dry out so fast overwatering seems to be near impossible within reason.

The beer can grow thread was also another one i read through well before starting, as there was some very impressive plants grown there in small containers and the mentions in the thread of people feeding 2-3 times a day later in the plants growth gave me the courage to try push them a bit harder and not worry so much about overwatering.

The flat look on the soil is actually a trick of the camara, have tried this time round having the soil to the top around the edges sloping down gradually to a dip in the middle where i planted the seed, this way the water collects in the middle of the pot (this method was posted on AFN a while back by either Trapper or Tang, was looking for it this morning to thank them for it but could not find it again, as it has saved me alot of mess and swearing compared to the last run trying to water flat filled up pots).

EDIT: Found the thread i was talking about, it was posted by Tang and really makes watering Airpots alot easier and cleaner.
https://www.autoflower.org/index.php?threads/airpot-watering-tip.15415/

Last edited:
Sweet! Thanks for this!

I actually had the soil cupped like that in the beginning but watering just kept compressing it and both soil and water would soon leak out of the upper most row of holes. But the thought of deliberately compressing the soil to the sides is enlightening.

Still, imo the 1-liter air-pots should have two blocked rows on top instead of just the one.

Sweet! Thanks for this!

I actually had the soil cupped like that in the beginning but watering just kept compressing it and both soil and water would soon leak out of the upper most row of holes. But the thought of deliberately compressing the soil to the sides is enlightening.

Still, imo the 1-liter air-pots should have two blocked rows on top instead of just the one.

Yeah two rows of holes in the smaller pots makes sense and would make things easier and cleaner, the cheap chinese pot i used last grow had no blocked holes at all, so just having one feels like a privilege at the moment lol.

Back