Solar powered greenhouse ventilation

Here's what the sunroom looks like. I don't have any problem most of the season, the sun comes down from above and you can see the roof is part clear part solid. For the next month or two though it's coming in the front and gets pretty intense.
View attachment 731779
I'm thinking of doing something to that end panel, it's multi wall polycarbonate and I have a spare sheet of it might just make interchangeable panels, one for winter, one for the growing season with some sort of opening. There's a door at the opposite end, so I could have great air flow
hmm, I want one of these, like a bay window, sorta, i get 6hrs direct through the window, extendng it out could add a couple of hrs

hmm, I want one of these, like a bay window, sorta, i get 6hrs direct through the window, extendng it out could add a couple of hrs
Just make sure your managing the extra heat gain.
I really really love solar home heating and extending the grow hours. We took down the tree shading it too, that gave me a couple more good hrs.

Just make sure your managing the extra heat gain.
I really really love solar home heating and extending the grow hours. We took down the tree shading it too, that gave me a couple more good hrs.
you should be rocking this year's grow, more sun less heat, it's disheartening to boil seeds and fry babies, lol

you should be rocking this year's grow, more sun less heat, it's disheartening to boil seeds and fry babies, lol
It's really nice to see them swaying in a gentle breeze at 80°, but there hasn't been a lot of sun. They're doing fine but not super fast growth

You know, I haven't heard of any other solarium/sunroom growers here.
Ya got me thinking now though of how to cut in an opening in the opposite wall from the door, and then maybe I can avoid or lessen the necessity for the mechanical air movement.
:pass:

Shit man...there is one other but...hmmmm memory dont fail me now!! Is it @nudger361976 ?

Definitely searching for the same. Minimizing cost for the summer run is where it's at. Whoah! A quick Amazon search yielded results, but DAYUMN at those pricetags.

Definitely searching for the same. Minimizing cost for the summer run is where it's at. Whoah! A quick Amazon search yielded results, but DAYUMN at those pricetags.
Yeah man, I couldn't afford it at this time. The cross ventilation works good but it's totally hands on so that gets kind of crazy on those on and off days! If I added one of those solar/heat powered vent openers it would probably help a lot.

Back