Solar powered greenhouse ventilation

It also adds co2 ,most growers use the inline to push air through the hps ,cmh,mh,but I use a regular fan on my hps customized right to the cool hood works way better and I'm able to adjust speeds right on the light .

It also adds co2 ,most growers use the inline to push air through the hps ,cmh,mh,but I use a regular fan on my hps customized right to the cool hood works way better and I'm able to adjust speeds right on the light .
After baking my first seedlings and monumentally fckng up my temps running a 600 dual spec HPS Ihad to redo my growroom but being a tight scotsman i made the most of what i had,i bought a cootube and new fan which i have carbon filter ,fan, sucking and blowing thru cooltube then vented into loftspace ,i then used my old fan turned it round and suck cold air in from the attic down to ground level in my growspace keeps an average temp of 26c and gives me a sealed enviroment,space is 2 ft wide ,5 feet deep and 7 ft to the ceiling ,no more worrying about frying anythin [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

After baking my first seedlings and monumentally fckng up my temps running a 600 dual spec HPS Ihad to redo my growroom but being a tight scotsman i made the most of what i had,i bought a cootube and new fan which i have carbon filter ,fan, sucking and blowing thru cooltube then vented into loftspace ,i then used my old fan turned it round and suck cold air in from the attic down to ground level in my growspace keeps an average temp of 26c and gives me a sealed enviroment,space is 2 ft wide ,5 feet deep and 7 ft to the ceiling ,no more worrying about frying anythin [emoji111]

During the winter my light keeps my living room warm ,during the spring summer I run the inline hooked to the air conditioner that keeps the grow cool during the warmer months.

During the winter my light keeps my living room warm ,during the spring summer I run the inline hooked to the air conditioner that keeps the grow cool during the warmer months.
Im just trying to be discreet as poss as im doing this in a larger cupboard that has been partioned with a hatch to get in ,decorated and really hard to work out there something there apart from a small cupboard ,partner has a nosey daughter (who doesnt live with us )who likes to rake around the place (little witch)...this is for me and havent told a soul apart from missus...it was her idea as im a heavy smoker and just lost my job on oil rigs,beauty is it is absolutely silent ....my central heating makes more noise lol
fbe4391cb780b785ad2f8f3c009c095b.jpg
264b0c844f08e23c710f995aab91911a.jpg
6f8f1e013d545df3b455e20d9cab2ca1.jpg

Here's what the sunroom looks like. I don't have any problem most of the season, the sun comes down from above and you can see the roof is part clear part solid. For the next month or two though it's coming in the front and gets pretty intense.
P_20170410_155704_1_p_1.jpg

I'm thinking of doing something to that end panel, it's multi wall polycarbonate and I have a spare sheet of it might just make interchangeable panels, one for winter, one for the growing season with some sort of opening. There's a door at the opposite end, so I could have great air flow

Here's what the sunroom looks like. I don't have any problem most of the season, the sun comes down from above and you can see the roof is part clear part solid. For the next month or two though it's coming in the front and gets pretty intense.
View attachment 731779
I'm thinking of doing something to that end panel, it's multi wall polycarbonate and I have a spare sheet of it might just make interchangeable panels, one for winter, one for the growing season with some sort of opening. There's a door at the opposite end, so I could have great air flow
That sounds like a great idea during the summer maybe putting a fan near the hole to blow air in .

That sounds like a great idea during the summer maybe putting a fan near the hole to blow air in .
That's what I was thinking, and it appeals to my ghetto style approach. It might work with the fan i have, would be close to zero cost:cool1:

canna
the mother of invention

Ok, I pulled the whole panel out, I'm going to modify it to have an opening part. I had an extra panel stashed and I've made a winter panel out of that so I can put that in in the fall.

Back