Solar powered greenhouse ventilation

Jraven

from Southeast Alaska
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Harvest season variety
I'm interested in what anyone's doing for solar powered greenhouse ventilation. I'm actually in a solarium but pretty much the same situation. I'm mainly thinking about a good efficient exhaust fan. I've googled around at a few products but curious if anyone has real world experience. Something that just runs straight off a solar panel would be fine.

That's bad ass bro I'm not sure how to grow solarium I only know green house,indoor,and outdoor but in the greenhouse house we put a common screen door for ventalation .

You know, I haven't heard of any other solarium/sunroom growers here.
Ya got me thinking now though of how to cut in an opening in the opposite wall from the door, and then maybe I can avoid or lessen the necessity for the mechanical air movement.
:pass:

I'm interested in what anyone's doing for solar powered greenhouse ventilation. I'm actually in a solarium but pretty much the same situation. I'm mainly thinking about a good efficient exhaust fan. I've googled around at a few products but curious if anyone has real world experience. Something that just runs straight off a solar panel would be fine.
4" 12v "panacake" fan working well in my window unit, but it is a small space. Have you checked out the solar powered gable end attic vent fans? When sun out these babies power up, just when you need them. Not sure of on/off temp though. I use an automotive fan controller, has a dial and can go up or down to set what on/off you want.

You know, I haven't heard of any other solarium/sunroom growers here.
Ya got me thinking now though of how to cut in an opening in the opposite wall from the door, and then maybe I can avoid or lessen the necessity for the mechanical air movement.
:pass:
My kitchen window is about 8' from window grow unit. I can get it to pull in cool air real fast. The fan setup is mostly to cover my ass when I'm not hovering around the grow.

That was kinda my problem, I'd leave for the day and come home to find the temp had been up to 100f. It'll happen with the door open,too. If I'm home I hose down the deck outside the room and that does it. I need to get some cross ventilation going.
The gable vent fans seem to be the most logical approach for what I'm doing, it's a bit of change$ though so was hoping someone had a recommendation.
I really only have the problem in the seedling period, because of the angle of the sun, but also the fragility of the plants.

That was kinda my problem, I'd leave for the day and come home to find the temp had been up to 100f. It'll happen with the door open,too. If I'm home I hose down the deck outside the room and that does it. I need to get some cross ventilation going.
The gable vent fans seem to be the most logical approach for what I'm doing, it's a bit of change$ though so was hoping someone had a recommendation.
I really only have the problem in the seedling period, because of the angle of the sun, but also the fragility of the plants.
hear that, the sting of baking the sour blues sprout still fresh

Last edited:
I use an inline fan in a different way it keeps my plants cool I pull air from outside and I hook the out take tubing along side my light I cut holes in the tubing so its putting cold air right down the wall where it gets hottest from the lights .

Looks like this
WP_20170410_001.jpg
WP_20170410_002.jpg

Back