Lighting So it begins, the DIY COB addiction

Surprised I missed this until tonight. Those are beauties pepe, Ripley's on the left and Skunk on right? Man, real nice job. What was your finishing height on the cobs and when did you go full power on pepe?

Surprised I missed this until tonight. Those are beauties pepe, Ripley's on the left and Skunk on right? Man, real nice job. What was your finishing height on the cobs and when did you go full power on pepe?
Thank you sir, I had one Ripley's OG on the right, the others are Zamnesia classic Skunks, tester plants. My lady and I cut down and trimmed up the Ripley's last night, I'll get some bud shots up soon. The Skunks are coming down this weekend if not sooner. I can't remember the final height on the light, I'll measure and report back with some final shots of the plants. :pass:

Yup I believe so. My thinking is to get the light spread over a 2x4 area, build another next month and run a couple 4 ft UVB's in the middle.

I've been debating with myself this past week over the size of the frame. 2x5 it is... x2 with some uvb 10.0 down the middle

I just had an idea, why not build my own flouro UVB tubes into this frame.

600 watt HPS over some mephisto and a couple of my crosses. I have an Amare se450 to the right covering roughly 4x4 with 3 mars hydro 600's hanging in the back.
View attachment 680767
I hung my new light from the same eye hook in the ceiling that was holding the 600 hps.
View attachment 680765
View attachment 680766

No tricks, no gimmicks this 320 watt light is brighter than that 600 HPS with a 2 month old bulb. It's within an inch of where the 600 was hanging vertically. Compare the front plants....lots more light is obvious.

Im very pleased to say the least.

I ordered a 24" 20 watt 10.0 uvb bulb today, when it arrives I'll mount it up in the middle of the frame.

UVB showed up yesterday, now to find the time to add it to this frame. I need to get a driver for it first....
View attachment 686514

Thank you @wwwillie They are doing remarkably well, I honestly had doubts about it covering the 4x4 but you dont know till you try. I'm convinced enough that I pulled the trigger on another, the price dropped to $316 shipped. I bent some more aluminum and made another box today for it. I'm going to move my Mephisto testers under this one when these skunks finish, 6 plants. I'm thinking I'll grow 5 Double Grape's under the new one in the other half of this 4x8 tent that's empty.

I hung up a 4 foot fixture with UVB tonight, I need to do something different but it works for now. I forgot to take a close shot of the Ripley's, she's all triched out and is finishing up fast.
View attachment 772101 View attachment 772104 View attachment 772105 View attachment 772106 View attachment 772107 View attachment 772108 View attachment 772109

Happy Growing Everyone!
View attachment 772114

Very very nice build up man! :slap:

I also thought about adding UVB to a COB light. Then i came accros IR, then maybe more reds, then some blues came in my mind and finally some UVA to make it complete haha.

I ended building my spaceship and ordered a UVB tube that also needs to be fixxed.
The problem i came acrros seems the same you are facing atm. "where the fck do i put the fixture for that tube without creating a shadow?".
In my build i got a similar setup in terms of COB position. I got 5, 4 in the corner like u and one in the middle .
The only solution i found was getting 2 of them and placing them paralell in the middle with the center COB between them like this:
Download.jpg

I take it your skunks eventually started to stink and get their funk on ,im just finishing of another 2 at the mo ,got about another 2 weeks to go and this time its me who hasnt got a stink on yet,weird as all my seeds came from the same place and no 2 plants have ever looked the same ,last time my cupboard stank to high heaven from about day 30,suppose its just the genetics coming thru.........it all smokes good and thats all that matters [emoji111]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I was just considering adding uv to my cobs as well. Check this out, seems like thoroughly researched equipment, lots of cool info too
http://www.solacure.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yeah i also found these and they are about the same like the agromax pure uv but their wattage can get higher ( rly the 54W agromax pure uv is dangerous and i dont see any reason for going higher )
something the marked rly needs are high intense UVB only tubes .

yeah i also found these and they are about the same like the agromax pure uv but their wattage can get higher ( rly the 54W agromax pure uv is dangerous and i dont see any reason for going higher )
something the marked rly needs are high intense UVB only tubes .
I like that the reflector is built into the bulb, and that they're t8, which you can find sockets and parts for cheap or free

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went full power when they were 5-6 inches tall. Final Height was 48 inches out of the solo cups.

Very very nice build up man! :slap:

I also thought about adding UVB to a COB light. Then i came accros IR, then maybe more reds, then some blues came in my mind and finally some UVA to make it complete haha.

I ended building my spaceship and ordered a UVB tube that also needs to be fixxed.
The problem i came acrros seems the same you are facing atm. "where the fck do i put the fixture for that tube without creating a shadow?".
In my build i got a similar setup in terms of COB position. I got 5, 4 in the corner like u and one in the middle .
The only solution i found was getting 2 of them and placing them paralell in the middle with the center COB between them like this:
View attachment 782494
That's a good idea using two. I think If I make it so the top of the UVB bulb hugs the bottom it shouldn't create shadows using these reflectors. I'm going to try this fall/winter when I have more time.

Back