Outdoor Snow Storm #2 - Outdoor Grow - Dutch Passion Free Seeds competition

insect repeling vibes coming your way Potsnob, best of luck old chap.

With photos insects only attack plants that are not healthy in my experience. When I saw an insect bite I looked for other problems the plant had that allowed this to happen. If a photo is not doubling its size every week during veg something is wrong. With the autos I grew outside this year I had no problems except for bud rot. The pic is some super autos I tyied down by lieing branchs across many at once. Picture 158.jpg

yeah, its not been a great euro summer for some folk, but you can do it potsnob

Thanks Guys, I transplanted the Snowstorm #2. The soil is enriched with a mixture of horse and sheep manure.

CIMG2838.jpg

I was shocked to see that all the Mexican Sativas I planted earlier this year had been destroyed by deer! I had some deer deterrent and slug pellets spread out but it did not help this time. There are lots of young stinging nettles around so I wonder why the plants were so completely killed off. It is the first time that I have a complete loss of an outdoor site so I am a little bit down at the moment and I fear for these as well.

:cuss:

I can´t put out metal cages as this would ruin the camouflage aspect of the site. Any suggestions?

Young nettles are delicious, If I were a deer I'd eat them instead of avoiding them. You can make cages out of thin chicken wire, spray paint them black and brown, crush them flat, put them in a bag and pack them out there. Just pop them pack up and place over the plants out there. You have to be just about right on top of them to see it. I've also seen a grower burn his cages in a fire as rust and soot make a good camouflage. You can also hang little bits of moss on the cage to cover up.

What brand of deer deterrent did you use? A lot of them have to be re-upped every time it rains or every thirty days. I'm a fan of the pellets, slow release.

Do as mista piggy said go with the cages i just bought a roll of green plastic fencing make them up at home wit tie wire and fold them up. You do need to be close to notice them. Sum of mine are 4ft or over and they fold up into a kids backpack fine. Try the urine in a bottle with dog hair seems to be working for me. Im a deer hater too man peace

Yeah get them on lockdown like Grownbitchz's !
I lost 6 to ants so its comes with the territory i suppose, spread your plants over 3 or 4 spots then you know next year which ones to stick with.
This might sound a little sick but around my way the farmers hang all the dead aminals they shoot (fox, moles, stoates etc) around the fences of their fields which supposedly deters other critters from crops or livestock. So if you know a butcher who does venison or a gamekeeper get some bones to put by your plants ?

Horrible News. They are Dead. Eaten away by some Critter.

:crying:

I do have more than one spot and these spots worked for me year after year. I think they got eaten because I put them out too late in the season so they were the youngest plants around. Critters love young plants. And I think the frequent rain washed away my self-made Deer deterrent (a chilli, garlic, egg mixture).

For the other spots which are still untouched I put out some Bones, slug repellent and resprayed the deterrent mentioned above. Thanks for the tip with the bones Maffro!

I always try to urinate at the spots when I visit to keep away Critters. This year with all the rain it did not help all that much. I will try to obtain some Dog Hair and think about camouflaged cages for next year. Thanks Mr. Piggy and Grownbitchz! I love me a good nettle salad myself by the way. Love them in soups too.

I will do a Snowstorm #2 Grow under an 250 MH/HPS System in soil this autumn. So the folks from Dutch Passion will get a full Grow and me some nice Snowstorm Nugs!

I am quite disappointed and sad that these did not make it outside due to my negligence, bad weather, bad luck and hungry critters. Last year on the same spot not one plant got eaten. I put them out earlier and it did not rain so much in the first three weeks so the deterrent was not washed away.

Anyway Thanks for all the kind words and good info! See you around on the forum! :peace:

Sad news but youve still got your health.
Keep on trucking

Back